Not open for further replies.

Giedrius

Jr Member
Hello all

so i will post progress of my grey knight terminator in this post

5de47682366744.gif49782e82409954.gif

finished head can be found in linke below

head.3DS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05,30 updeit

finished shinguard

so have a look

6129c682590198.gif 7d5ca382590207.gif

PS ignore creapee bone guy inside armour, he is for humman scale refrence purpose

Samuray's is a great model but it will need supports put in it to hold the shape during Resin and Fiber Glass. Ask Judge about his opinions of the file he used.

I think Samuray's is very very good but it has challenges which I think are because of the size of the piece.

I also uploaded a Chest File but I don't know if it's any good yet, Maybe you could be the test builder for it. And give me some feedback

chwbcc's Space Marine Chest

i shall see what i can do to unfold it, and maybe i' gona make it, but just maybe. i do not promis to make it

Nice start on more of the Emperor's Chosen. Pretty soon we'll need a SM section.

With regards to chests, Samurays chest is Mk VI "Corvus" armour. Read through Chwbccs post to find out any pitfalls, shortcomings, views etc. I haven't built it, but liked the look of it finished.

Nintendude's or my chest files are Mk VII "Aquilla", & are extremely similar, Nin's is very accurate, mine is slightly narrowed & stretched vertically. I'm quite happy with mine, there is a backpack to suit the scaling also.

I can't comment yet on Chwbcc's chest as I haven't had a real good look at it yet, but first impressions are that it's quite good.

Another chest was modelled by Aqilla77 & although it's a bit basic, might be easier to attempt first. I can't recall where the files are, but I can send them to you if you like, just PM me.

As for weapons, NINTENDUDE. Yes I did yell it. NINTENDUDE. Go to his Pepakura Files Thread here CLICKY, & hey presto, everything you could want & more. Nin has an amazing, massive amount of files & is extremely helpful & very talented to boot.

Judge said:
Nice start on more of the Emperor's Chosen. Pretty soon we'll need a SM section.

With regards to chests, Samurays chest is Mk VI "Corvus" armour. Read through Chwbccs post to find out any pitfalls, shortcomings, views etc. I haven't built it, but liked the look of it finished.

Nintendude's or my chest files are Mk VII "Aquilla", & are extremely similar, Nin's is very accurate, mine is slightly narrowed & stretched vertically. I'm quite happy with mine, there is a backpack to suit the scaling also.

I can't comment yet on Chwbcc's chest as I haven't had a real good look at it yet, but first impressions are that it's quite good.

Another chest was modelled by Aqilla77 & although it's a bit basic, might be easier to attempt first. I can't recall where the files are, but I can send them to you if you like, just PM me.

As for weapons, NINTENDUDE. Yes I did yell it. NINTENDUDE. Go to his Pepakura Files Thread here CLICKY, & hey presto, everything you could want & more. Nin has an amazing, massive amount of files & is extremely helpful & very talented to boot.

thnks for everything

for weapons i was rhinking about boltler and 2handed warhammer, because that whay i will have some good posability (if that word egzist :D )

for chest i will leave it for the end to pep, and see what i will come up with

Last edited by a moderator:
Giedrius said:
thnks for everything

for weapons i was rhinking about boltler and 2handed warhammer, because that whay i will have some good posability (if that word egzist :D )

for chest i will leave it for the end to pep, and see what i will come up with

good luck with your peps/weapons..what are you going to use to make ur hammer and boltler?

ONESHOTKILL808 said:
good luck with your peps/weapons..what are you going to use to make ur hammer and boltler?

probably some high density foam instead of paper, because i'm more familiar with it and its easier to sculpt it to me

Giedrius said:
probably some high density foam instead of paper, because i'm more familiar with it and its easier to sculpt it to me

very nice very nice dude nice work love it

ok litle updeit

today i made my chest, i went with Nintendude's chest model, because it was beter suited for my body proportions, im 6' 3" tall and not wery muscular.

all costume will have to a liittle tweeked after i resin it

sorry no pics today, maybe next day

Hi iTs SlayeR said:
Cool; Although the helmet looks huge in some pictures.

What is this from?

its maybe a little too large, dont know, maybe gona remake it

and i have no idea from where i got ir from, i only know it is in this forum somewhere.

Warhammer 40k! he is a space marine in service to the Imperium of Man, led by the Emporer of Terra who sets on the Golden Throne Immortal for all time

ok some pics and updeit

my opinion on curent armor status

chest: too small (will be remade)but from back it looks nicer then from front

shoulders: ok, but needs to be atached in normal positions

arm: too big (needs to be remade)

helmet: too big (i think its too big, tell me your opinion)

legs: probably will do, but vil need some higees later to atach

[attachment=14786:Atvaizd020.jpg][attachment=14787:Atvaizd021.jpg][attachment=14788:Atvaizd022.jpg][attachment=14789:Atvaizd023.jpg][attachment=14790:Atvaizd024.jpg]

I dunno what others think, but in my opinion some your pieces seem a little undersized & some seem a little oversized. Chest piece should be at least 50% longer, shoulders 50% larger. Shin & helmet look for me too big.

But all in all it's you who measure it ;p Good to see another SM in progress.

I agree.

What are you using to scale your pieces?

Xtreme Tactics has a good tutorial on scaling and I have an excel sheet what will do the math one you establish the proper scale. The default is for a Scaled Space Marine you will just need to add your height, I believe if not just follow Tactics methods and you should get pretty nice pieces the first time out.

Are you using normal paper or 110lb cardstock? It looks like normal paper, but my eyes have been decieving me... If it is normal paper, you'll have problems resining and glassing...

Just saying... It might be something you need to redo... its kind of critical to pep...

Annyway, lookin good!

Cheers, Dave...

this paper will be good, i have used it for mydaft punk helmet and it was good,

but for scale:

STUPID STUPID ME

i alvays calculate everyting, but NOO, this time i had to make it random scale, god dammit,

yesterday i calculated by SM painter image si for parts, those shuld be good now, probably only part that will be same aas it was will be the helmet itself. and worste thing i only can blame myself.

scale looks good, what kind a paper are you using? it looks a little to wrinkled, it will be a pain when you get to later stages to and try to smooth it, not trying to rain on your parade, just trying to give you a bit of friendly advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back