Project Exmarine To Spartan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ex-Marine_2_Spartan said:
I used hot glue to piece togethor the pieces... i recommend a good big hot glue gun with a trigger, don't waste your money on those tiny ones.

Thank you all.

Yes, i do plan on making molds from these pieces, but i don't know if i'll be able to get all that done before Halloween.

Alright i'll try that.
And I kinda sound stupid for asking this but what hot glue gun do u recommend? Because I'm not sure
what you mean by the "big" ones. A picture reference would be great (perhaps the
very one you're using), sorry for the trouble

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks.

It's Flying Squirrels simplified assualt rifle... Robogenesis also makes a pretty good one that is probably easier to put togethor.

FS AR link all the way at the bottom of the listings http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5089

Once the rifle is made, then I draw the details on and start cutting and pushing in some panels and drilling and dremeling.

I wish an HD version would come out.

I have a pretty HD AR if you'd like to try that out.

MA5Cunfolded.jpg

http://www.4shared.com/file/46929484/5e1a1..._by_Nugget.html

Unfolded by Ral Partha. :)

muaa said:
Alright i'll try that.
And I kinda sound stupid for asking this but what hot glue gun do u recommend? Because I'm not sure
what you mean by the "big" ones. A picture reference would be great (perhaps the
very one you're using), sorry for the trouble

You can see it in my very first picture on the left hand side. It's a Surebonder High temp glue gun. I use Surebonder all purpose glue sticks. I think i picked it all up at a Michael's craft store.

rumyavillian said:
this looks amazing
i hope mine will turn out something like that
is that Cardstock?

I hope so too! Yes, It's Xerox brand 110lb card stock, that you can get at Office Max or Office depot. If your doing a whole suit get the 250 sheet pack. I think I may just have enough sheets left for the legs and space diaper after all that i've done so far.

Nugget said:
I have a pretty HD AR if you'd like to try that out.

http://www.4shared.com/file/46929484/5e1a1..._by_Nugget.html

Unfolded by Ral Partha. :)

YAAAY!!! Looks like this will make things easier! I've been dreading to make all the details i carved out on the other side symmetrical. Thanks a million Nugget! I hope the space diaper is coming along nicely. :)

You can see it in my very first picture on the left hand side. It's a Surebonder High temp glue gun. I use Surebonder all purpose glue sticks. I think i picked it all up at a Michael's craft store.
I hope so too! Yes, It's Xerox brand 110lb card stock, that you can get at Office Max or Office depot. If your doing a whole suit get the 250 sheet pack. I think I may just have enough sheets left for the legs and space diaper after all that i've done so far.
YAAAY!!! Looks like this will make things easier! I've been dreading to make all the details i carved out on the other side symmetrical. Thanks a million Nugget! I hope the space diaper is coming along nicely. :)

This the one I've been working on, I was about to post it but, Nugget beat me to it. since he made it anyways lol

HaloFreakX said:
This the one I've been working on, I was about to post it but, Nugget beat me to it. since he made it anyways lol

Well...I just started this new one, I'll probably have it done some time next week.

Those pep pieces are GORGEOUS! I really like the idea of extending the gut-plate, and putting more detail on the forearm.

Could you fill us in on the procedures for the gut-extension and forearm detail? I might go the same route....

Darkfire said:
Those pep pieces are GORGEOUS! I really like the idea of extending the gut-plate, and putting more detail on the forearm.

Could you fill us in on the procedures for the gut-extension and forearm detail? I might go the same route....

I was trying to reply to this before work, but didn't have enough time...so i 'll give you the skinny before i start my day at work.

The ab plate was quite simple to extend:

Get a piece of paper lay it flate on a table.

Take the ab plate flip it upside down (big end down)

From every corner draw a straight line radially out ward ( i'll have to add pics later)

Now you have a pattern that you can put on cardboard.

Cut out each piece, do a score fold on the small flaps (again, i need to get a pic for you guys)

Then hot glue on to the back of the ab plate, or front if you want to do some extra bondo work.

That's pretty much it!

The forearms i didn't add any mroe detail, i just took Nuggets HD forearms created them, but noticed the flared portion is a bit to big (popeye forearms) So i cut two slits, overlapped the paper and hot glued the flaps. This was essentially to bring in the bulge so it dosen't through off the scale of everything else.

i will edit this later when I get home from work.

You're doing great work buddy. I understood your explanation too. I'm a way off doing my own armor yet but it's great to be able to see how so many others are doing theirs.

Thanks. ;)

What scale did you use for the helmet i really need to know lol.

It is flying squirells helmet isn't it? if its not could you please tell me that too :)

Organs in mains said:
What scale did you use for the helmet i really need to know lol.

It is flying squirells helmet isn't it? if its not could you please tell me that too :)

It is his helmet, I don't believe i changed the scale, because it seemed to be already at the proper scale.

It's a little tight when putting on and taking off though...my ears get caught, but i can live with that.

It is his helmet, I don't believe i changed the scale, because it seemed to be already at the proper scale.

It's a little tight when putting on and taking off though...my ears get caught, but i can live with that.

when i try to print it out if i let pepakura change the scale automatically its too small ( absolutly tiny) and if i dont let it change the scale the pieces wont fit on the page! Suppose i'll just have to mess around with the settings :(

Organs in mains said:
when i try to print it out if i let pepakura change the scale automatically its too small ( absolutly tiny) and if i dont let it change the scale the pieces wont fit on the page! Suppose i'll just have to mess around with the settings :(

Yeah, it takes awhile to figure all that setup stuff out... The stickies helped me out quite bit, but you may also need to mess around with printer settings.

Also, I have good news. I'm almost done cutting and folding Nugget's AR.

I should be starting assembly tonight!

Well I finished peping Nugget's HD rifle as you can see it's the same length as the old FS rifle but much more slim. Which in my opinion looks much more realistic.

Still a few details I need to add on the new rifle but it should be much easier to achieve with this model.

DSC01294.jpg

DSC01296.jpg

Quick question about the rifle. Im doing mine right now but I have it in three pieces. I was wondering if I should fiberglass the inside and then fill it with foam or is fiberglassing not necessary and also did you have yours in one piece and then somehow fill it up with foam?

We have the same goal...but Im in the Air Force. 4 months isnt enough!

djcripsen said:
Quick question about the rifle. Im doing mine right now but I have it in three pieces. I was wondering if I should fiberglass the inside and then fill it with foam or is fiberglassing not necessary and also did you have yours in one piece and then somehow fill it up with foam?

We have the same goal...but Im in the Air Force. 4 months isnt enough!

I always leave some portion open or unassembled, so i can access the inside. This time i'm going to try resining the outside then fiber glassing some of the weaker parts in the inside. Also I may swish a coat of resin around the inside for good measure. Then i'll fill it with foam.

Be careful with the foam it expands quite a bit and may bulge the rifle...so do small sections and babysit it while it expands.

I'm sure you'll figure out some way that works best for you.

Edit....

Ok i just got home from work and started working on it... I just did exactly what i did with the last i cut it in half width wise were the trigger would be ( that flat portion ) looks like i may throw some supports in it to just so the shape straightens out a bit ( something i didn't do on the first one ) Anyways, hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back