PROJECT: Gundam Head Strike (costume)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lit Eyes:
IMG_6727.jpg

The wiring for the eye LEDs are in place. All that's left to do here is paint the wires matte black and find a way to shield the bulbs so when they're lit, they won't cause a glare back at my eyes.

Had some leftover "turn signal amber" paint from my car models of the past that was the perfect shade I was looking for. Now, I had both yellow and amber paint. Tried them both, but found out the bluish tint of the LEDs made the yellow shine green. Whereas the amber paint plus the LEDs resulted in the standard Gundam yellow eyes.

IMG_6726.jpg

Good, the LEDs lit up the details just as I hoped.

AMAZING! You are doing some nice work with everything. You kind of mocked yourself with the pros and cons about the hot glue being cloudy and then using it to your advantage with the LEDs...I haven't used hot glue in a while so I could be wrong about this, but I do believe it depends on the kind of glue sticks you buy. I have some sticks that are clear and some that are cloudy white. I cant remember so I thought I would just throw that out their for you...Keep up the good work! Still cant wait to see it finished.

haha.. yea. Turning a negative into a positive!

Hmm.. interesting, I should change glue stick brands. Try to find one that's clear. Thanks for the heads up!

That is really good looking! The detail is just AMAZING! Yeah you can see where you tried to make the blades in the front a little lighter. What if you put a counter weight in the back of the helmet. You could try using those stick on weights they use for balancing tires on vehicles. That way you cant put as much as you want where you want it on the inside. Then again, I dont know how much the total weight of the helmet is right now, so that might make it to much.

Here are some close-up shots of the helmet. Showing ALL the embarrassing blemishes that any supermodel would simply freak if it was ever shown on a magazine cover. I wasn't worried about them cause, frankly, no one's gonna see them... except you, here, online. When I'm wearing it, walking around... I'll be a blur.

I've put in a few easter eggs in the decals. Can you spot them all?

HeadStrike_Detail_p01.jpg

HeadStrike_Detail_p02.jpg

HeadStrike_Detail_p03.jpg

I was hoping for some close ups! Looks amazing Wiltonican...Only because you made the helmet can you really pic at all the little things that didn't turn out the way you wanted. I cant pick out anything wrong with, I just wonder what product it is related to?

akuzihs/thatdecade: Thanks!

ZoidianKings: The close ups aren't close enough? Yea.. I'm pretty picky with my own work. I have a high standard. It's the only way to push myself to get better in the things I do. This is a Gundam. From a Japanese anime cartoon, originated back in the 70's. A classic.

This is absolutely fantastic!!! The amount of work and detail you put into this is unreal! You have just set the standards for Gundam costumes! haha. I cannot express how amazing this is. It's too awesome for words! Absolutely-fantastically-ingeniously-awesomely-mindbogglingly-AWESOMENESS-NESS!!!

*cough* Anyone else see this going into Elite? *clears throat*

This is absolutely fantastic!!! The amount of work and detail you put into this is unreal! You have just set the standards for Gundam costumes! haha. I cannot express how amazing this is. It's too awesome for words! Absolutely-fantastically-ingeniously-awesomely-mindbogglingly-AWESOMENESS-NESS!!!

*cough* Anyone else see this going into Elite? *clears throat*

wow.. thanks for those kind words. Or should i say one super long word?

A non-Halo build in the Elite? That's blasphemous, no? hehe

great design sir!

I was amazed on how you make you Gundam Helmet!

I too was planning to make one for cosplay purposes, and its great to see your design and details

I hope you make the torso too

keep it up sir!

great design sir!

I was amazed on how you make you Gundam Helmet!

I too was planning to make one for cosplay purposes, and its great to see your design and details

I hope you make the torso too

keep it up sir!

Thanks cycurtis! I did get a start on the chest. (you can see the finished product in my FanExpo 2012 thread) I'm hoping to get some time to finish off the shoulders as well... someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back