Project Mini Chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s call it a wash.

The girls’ suits were very low def CE builds while yours was a H3 MKVI. I know exactly how much work goes into the MKVI!

He looks great. We are definitely going to have to get the kids together at either ComicCon or Fan Expo!

I am planning on painting up the girls! Rebel Neef guns for weapons.

Just spent a good 10 minutes catching up with this thread PaiganBoi, and it was worth every minute! What an awesome job! I bet he was the envy of every kid he walked past on Halloween!

I don't suppose you have one last pic of him suited up ready to go have you? After following the journey it'd be lovely to see him when he was setting off...if that's weird just ignore me....not sure now....

Just spent a good 10 minutes catching up with this thread PaiganBoi, and it was worth every minute! What an awesome job! I bet he was the envy of every kid he walked past on Halloween!

I don't suppose you have one last pic of him suited up ready to go have you? After following the journey it'd be lovely to see him when he was setting off...if that's weird just ignore me....not sure now....
Unfortunately we didn't manage any pictures on Halloween. Between picking him up from school, doing a lot of homework, taking care of his baby brother then getting him all suited up. We forgot about taking any pictures.
On the plus side he got a lot of surprised/impressed looks and comments from people when they opened their doors and saw a Spartan II standing there.

Bringing this thread out of mothballs. In preparation for Fan Expo Toronto this year I am making some adjustment to my son's MKVI armour.
Some of the stuff I have added is wedges to back of the shins to make a little easier to put on.
20180719_143752.jpg 20180719_143810.jpg
Made simple belt with nylon straps and snaps to connect straps I have added to the thighs. The thighs slid down constantly on him last year so, this was a needed adjustment. Also straps are needed for the shoulders to attach to the chest.
The newest addition to the suit is that I am completing the boots that I left out.
I glued them to a pair of flip flops to have a base and acts as risers. Will have to add elastic straps or something to keep them from slipping off the shoes as he walks.
20180719_141742.jpg

Fantastic job, he must be over the moon! The shoes are great - I'm finding the prospect of doing mine quite daunting.

Paiganboi, what did you use to "stick" the front and back of the chest together? I think I saw the magnets for the diaper, wonder if this works for the chest. I was debating about using clips on the inside surfaces to click them together.

Paiganboi, what did you use to "stick" the front and back of the chest together? I think I saw the magnets for the diaper, wonder if this works for the chest. I was debating about using clips on the inside surfaces to click them together.
Magnets were used for the chest as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back