Project Mini Chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Misfits? I mean, I don't really take offense to that. Being called an American however...

Well, the comment is coming from an Australian............former Penal colony and all........so, take it w/ a grain of salt. ;). We're all foreigners to him......:D. And yes, we did know you were joking and we all love poking fun at each other........well, at least I do. Poke......poke.......poke......:rolleyes:

I'm taking up mblackwell1002 slack of thread derailment since he hasn't done enough of that lately.....but you are correct. Back to the important stuff. In regards to paint/stain on your hands....wear latex gloves. It will keep your hands nice and clean. And just 2 observation: 1)The scrape marks look too symmetrical. You have a lot of the scuff marks located almost in the same place on the left pieces as you do on the right. Less intensity of paint on some but the location are the mirror image of each other. Try to randomize them a bit more. 2) The space diaper, the scuff marks look more like brush strokes than scuff marks. Don't get me wrong now.....everything looks FANTASTIC!!!.....just my 2 cents being thrown in.........How much is that in Canadian money?

I'm taking up mblackwell1002 slack of thread derailment since he hasn't done enough of that lately.....but you are correct. Back to the important stuff. In regards to paint/stain on your hands....wear latex gloves. It will keep your hands nice and clean. And just 2 observation: 1)The scrape marks look too symmetrical. You have a lot of the scuff marks located almost in the same place on the left pieces as you do on the right. Less intensity of paint on some but the location are the mirror image of each other. Try to randomize them a bit more. 2) The space diaper, the scuff marks look more like brush strokes than scuff marks. Don't get me wrong now.....everything looks FANTASTIC!!!.....just my 2 cents being thrown in.........How much is that in Canadian money?

In Canada it rounds to a nickel because we got rid of the useless penny. In other words, Canadian advice is more valuable.

Try using a beat up old toothbrush as a drybrush for scrapes on the edges, the uneven and misaligned bristles help break up the usual uniform pattern that chip brushes leave.

UPDATE :
Okay... I think I am done with the weathering. I toned it down and tried to make it more asymmetrical. Hopefully this looks better. Now I have to shove some extra foam bits into the forearms, shoulders and thighs so that it's not so loose and use some snaps and elastic waste band to keep it place... I hope.
I major problem I have is that these files didn't come with a template for the visor. I have to come up with something from scratch using cardstock. Then hopefully it will fit properly so I don't waste my visor material.
Sigh... And now I'm suddenly getting an error message saying my photo files are too big... How is that possible when I have been using my phone this whole time and not changed any settings???? This is the second time that this has happened... :cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious:
Sorry dudes no photos this time.

Apparently taking pics in landscape or portrait affects t's the size of the file. So without further ado. Finished weathering photos. As well I quickly made a template with cardstock that seems to fit nicely.
20171024_222841.jpg
20171024_222904.jpg
20171024_222913.jpg
20171024_222920.jpg
20171024_222930.jpg

In Canada it rounds to a nickel because we got rid of the useless penny. In other words, Canadian advice is more valuable.

Try using a beat up old toothbrush as a drybrush for scrapes on the edges, the uneven and misaligned bristles help break up the usual uniform pattern that chip brushes leave.
Haha in Australia we only have 5cent so i out rank you all
Also this build looks amazing like out of this world

PaiganBoi getting better and better each time.........

Haha in Australia we only have 5cent so i out rank you all
Also this build looks amazing like out of this world

That just means we Americans are more precise when it come to money...... ;) Penny wise and a nickle foolish.......

Visor is made and temporarily taped into place. Also added some extra foam to inside of helmet to make it a little more snug.
20171025_211340.jpg

Son couldn't wait to try on the finished bucket. If you can't tell, he has a huge smile on his face under there.
20171025_211031.jpg

Ummmm... Don't ask about the socks on his hands... Another example of Canadians being a wee bit on the weird side. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

There must be a booming market in the great white..........of weirdness that is, not hand socks.

Hey man, our hand sock market is doing just fine, sales are up even.

Weirdness is actually in recession due to the "Snow Bird" effect of all the old people in Manitoba flying down to live in Florida for the winter.

Fitting #2:
I have inserted some foam into the arms and thighs to make them a little more snug. The arms are a good fit now. For the thighs I will have to either add some elastic straps attached to the space diaper or maybe so some surgery on the inner thigh to pull it in a bit.
For the shins, I will have to slice open the back a little bit for him to slip his foot in and out easier. Other than that, this Spartan II is ready for duty on Halloween.
20171026_210829.jpg
20171026_210842.jpg
20171026_210928.jpg
20171026_211205.jpg

PaiganBoi, Dad Of The Year" award nominee.......Between you and Jme, I don't know who is going to win!!! That M6 is just huge in his hand.

Reactions: Jme
PaiganBoi, Dad Of The Year" award nominee.......Between you and Jme, I don't know who is going to win!!! That M6 is just huge in his hand.
Thank you kind sir. Jme did an awesome job as well. He built 2 suits! I think he has the edge on me there.
While I was taking pics my son kept saying "I wanna hold a weapon!" so I gave him the M6 from my ODST build. My plan is to eventually make either a magnum, AR or BR scaled to his size to carry around for FanExpo next year.
Hmmmmmm.... I think I have my next build project. Looks like my ODST will have to wait a little longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back