Project Mini Chief

Discussion in 'Halo Costumes and Armor' started by PaiganBoi, Aug 7, 2017.

1. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

UPDATE :
    Okay... I think I am done with the weathering. I toned it down and tried to make it more asymmetrical. Hopefully this looks better. Now I have to shove some extra foam bits into the forearms, shoulders and thighs so that it's not so loose and use some snaps and elastic waste band to keep it place... I hope.
    I major problem I have is that these files didn't come with a template for the visor. I have to come up with something from scratch using cardstock. Then hopefully it will fit properly so I don't waste my visor material.
    Sigh... And now I'm suddenly getting an error message saying my photo files are too big... How is that possible when I have been using my phone this whole time and not changed any settings???? This is the second time that this has happened... :cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious:
    Sorry dudes no photos this time.

2. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

Apparently taking pics in landscape or portrait affects t's the size of the file. So without further ado. Finished weathering photos. As well I quickly made a template with cardstock that seems to fit nicely.
    20171024_222841.jpg 20171024_222904.jpg 20171024_222913.jpg 20171024_222920.jpg 20171024_222930.jpg

SI3RRA 117 likes this.
  3. Spartan55

Spartan55

Haha in Australia we only have 5cent so i out rank you all
    Also this build looks amazing like out of this world

PaiganBoi likes this.
  4. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

PaiganBoi getting better and better each time.........

That just means we Americans are more precise when it come to money...... ;) Penny wise and a nickle foolish.......

PaiganBoi likes this.
  5. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

That's what we strive for each time when we are working on our armour isn't it?
    To get better and better.

Dirtdives likes this.
  6. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

QED........you are living proof.

7. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

Visor is made and temporarily taped into place. Also added some extra foam to inside of helmet to make it a little more snug.
    20171025_211340.jpg
    Son couldn't wait to try on the finished bucket. If you can't tell, he has a huge smile on his face under there.
    20171025_211031.jpg
    Ummmm... Don't ask about the socks on his hands... Another example of Canadians being a wee bit on the weird side. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

8. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Teaching them from a young age to embrace their weirdness

PaiganBoi likes this.
  9. Jme

Jme

I approve of hand socks.

10. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

There must be a booming market in the great white..........of weirdness that is, not hand socks.

PaiganBoi likes this.
  11. TurboCharizard

TurboCharizard

Hey man, our hand sock market is doing just fine, sales are up even.

Weirdness is actually in recession due to the "Snow Bird" effect of all the old people in Manitoba flying down to live in Florida for the winter.

Dirtdives and PaiganBoi like this.
  12. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

Fitting #2:
    I have inserted some foam into the arms and thighs to make them a little more snug. The arms are a good fit now. For the thighs I will have to either add some elastic straps attached to the space diaper or maybe so some surgery on the inner thigh to pull it in a bit.
    For the shins, I will have to slice open the back a little bit for him to slip his foot in and out easier. Other than that, this Spartan II is ready for duty on Halloween.
    20171026_210829.jpg 20171026_210842.jpg 20171026_210928.jpg 20171026_211205.jpg

Dirtdives likes this.
  13. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

PaiganBoi, Dad Of The Year" award nominee.......Between you and Jme, I don't know who is going to win!!! That M6 is just huge in his hand.

Jme likes this.
  14. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

Thank you kind sir. Jme did an awesome job as well. He built 2 suits! I think he has the edge on me there.
    While I was taking pics my son kept saying "I wanna hold a weapon!" so I gave him the M6 from my ODST build. My plan is to eventually make either a magnum, AR or BR scaled to his size to carry around for FanExpo next year.
    Hmmmmmm.... I think I have my next build project. Looks like my ODST will have to wait a little longer.

Dirtdives and Jme like this.
  15. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

And who is Tim Horton?

Jme likes this.
  16. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

Tim Horton is a former hockey player. He and a partner got into the fast food business by opening up coffee and donuts shops. The shop was name after him, Tim Horton's.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    Dirtdives, TurboCharizard and Jme like this.
  17. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

I only ask because I didn't get coffee this morning and I'm dying for a cup.

Jme and PaiganBoi like this.
  18. Jme

Jme

Let’s call it a wash.

The girls’ suits were very low def CE builds while yours was a H3 MKVI. I know exactly how much work goes into the MKVI!

He looks great. We are definitely going to have to get the kids together at either ComicCon or Fan Expo!

I am planning on painting up the girls! Rebel Neef guns for weapons.

19. SI3RRA 117

SI3RRA 117

Awesome job and awesome dad moment!!

PaiganBoi likes this.
  20. Joffersmk2

Joffersmk2

Just spent a good 10 minutes catching up with this thread PaiganBoi, and it was worth every minute! What an awesome job! I bet he was the envy of every kid he walked past on Halloween!

I don't suppose you have one last pic of him suited up ready to go have you? After following the journey it'd be lovely to see him when he was setting off...if that's weird just ignore me....not sure now....

21. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

Unfortunately we didn't manage any pictures on Halloween. Between picking him up from school, doing a lot of homework, taking care of his baby brother then getting him all suited up. We forgot about taking any pictures.
    On the plus side he got a lot of surprised/impressed looks and comments from people when they opened their doors and saw a Spartan II standing there.

Jme, Dirtdives and Leiutenant Jaku like this.