Project TetЯis - New Media Assignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drakku

Hey guys. Wednesday a bunch of classmates and I set out on our adventures as big meandering Tetris blocks.

And yes, we'll totally get an A. Haha.

Edit: Here's the video documentation I threw together of it:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQI6v70bnyw[/media]

Here are a bunch of pics at the beginning of it:

10425_168669844847_680884847_3719347_8300910_n.jpg

10425_169707249847_680884847_3729052_8042471_n.jpg

10425_169707254847_680884847_3729053_7210800_n.jpg

10425_169707259847_680884847_3729054_6991312_n.jpg

10425_169707264847_680884847_3729055_6726585_n.jpg

10425_169707269847_680884847_3729056_4600337_n.jpg

Part of the project is also to have video documentation, so when I finish processing the video this weekend, I'll throw it in here as well.

We got front page in the school's newspaper (click here). Woo!

Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, and we only had one casualty.. the Red T-Block turned a little too soon on the corner and crushed his T. Haha.

Hope ya'll enjoy!

- Drakku

Lol, this reminds me a bit of this one family guy episode where peter is one of the long ones.

He misses and the other blocks get mad at him. Then the funny gay guy lands on top of peter and says, "i'm just going to stay here for a bit" or sumthing like that.

Great job Drakku!! you should have a little block sumo compitition with those when you done using them for school.

-Pony

That's so awesome. I hope you guys didn't clear any lines, it might be disasterous for everyone! It'd be pretty funny if there was Tetris music playing while you guys were setting up. Something to put in the video I suppose. Lol.

ACDCrockr209 said:
you should have a little block sumo compitition with those when you done using them for school.

That's what we kiinda did after we were done.. in the sense that we tore them to pieces. Haha. It's so awesome to see hundreds of dollars get trashed in front of you.. [/sarcasm] But there was no space for them anywhere, and nobody could fit them in their cars. The blue L block did end up saving his, I think.

But yeah, Tetris Sumo Fight would be fun. You'd need more padding in the boxes, though.. you feel every hit in those things, haha. :p

AngelVirusX said:
That's so awesome. I hope you guys didn't clear any lines, it might be disasterous for everyone! It'd be pretty funny if there was Tetris music playing while you guys were setting up. Something to put in the video I suppose. Lol.

Haha, no, no line clearing. That last picture, the guy in the foreground, though, now he was trying to clear some lines. He actually lay the straight block down, and we have video of him breaking the top of his block because of it.

And Tetris music is going to happen in the video, fo' sho. ;D

It was interesting the kinds of reactions people had to them. Some people, the majority, actually, were like, "Ahh! Tetris! That's awesome, let's get a picture with them."

There were a few ditzes (stereotypical blonde girls) that were saying things like, "why are they running around in boxes" and not understanding the Tetris reference at all.

Some followed us around campus overzealously, watching the events unfold and taking pictures.

And some, of course, tried desperately to ignore them and continue studying, even when they were surrounded by all six. Haha. We got them in the end. >:D

We even got hassled by a fraternity trying to get donations. Red T-Block managed to give $5 to a help-blind-kids charity through his eye slot, which made the woman with the megaphone announce how generous Tetris pieces were.

(The Frat boys responded by knocking over the Square block.)

I'm going to get the video off the two recorders I have with me, and I'll get the video from the third one sometime tonight or on Saturday. I'll have the video finished by Sunday at the very latest, but I'll be working on it most of Saturday 'cuz I'm really excited to put it all together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, giant tetris blocks. If only I could have been there to see it in person, all well.

Drakku said:
There were a few ditzes (stereotypical blonde girls) that were saying things like, "why are they running around in boxes" and not understanding the Tetris reference at all.

What planet do they live on if they never heard of TETRIS!? I learned about it when I was 5 (granted I didn't know how to play, but I never asked for help, too), and it has been buzzing around in my head since, especially since I got it for my NES (never play too long, you'll be seeing tetris and humming the tune)

Although it is actually quite funny (sometimes) if someone doesn't get a geeky (nerdy, or science-type) joke, especially when other people get it and laugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't post anything before but lol. If I ever have to do a project like this, this is what I'm doing. OMG I can't believe I didn't do this for Psychology last year.. CRAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back