tazzy said:
ok i just ran into problem -
I am 5'8 so thats be 173
so i want to make the hand glove thing. so i do this
173/70.7
it came up 2.4469................
So I round it down to 2
and now it look like I m try to make a glove for barbie? wtf

The High Detail Handplate modeled by ROBOGENESIS height is measured when the handplate is laying flat, for some reason. I realized this when I looked at the dimensions. The Height value was the smallest; hence it was in essence the depth. Which is why the measurement is so tiny. Just keep an eye out on your 2D Pattern Window; if the main cut-out is about a quarter-size of the print out page, you'll be fine.

Trust me, I had a lot of trouble on this one as well. By the way, DON'T round the handplate value! You'll need the extra .4 centimeters. I'll edit that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am building an ODST helmet (or rather, am going to start once I get it properly scaled).

The height of the helmet is 245mm, width is 228mm, depth is 302 mm, and scale is 32.602676

Should I just convert the height of my head in centimeters to millimeters and input that value into the height?

Thanks.

PillowFire said:
I am building an ODST helmet (or rather, am going to start once I get it properly scaled).

The height of the helmet is 245mm, width is 228mm, depth is 302 mm, and scale is 32.602676

Should I just convert the height of my head in centimeters to millimeters and input that value into the height?

Thanks.

Yes, exactly. You may want to add a couple of extra centimeters to make room for padding; which would be ideal for the wearer. Remember, if your measurement is smaller than 25 cm or bigger than 28 cm, then you need to consider measuring again. 26.5 cm for a helmet is the magic number for reference.

Thanks for the information. Very helpful! Just a question? Is this the same Abrant3 from youtube. If so, I have been using some of your video tuts for making my armor. You do a great job explaining things, keep up the good work. Thanks again

so dose each persons file have diffrent mesuers and if thats true what should i use for the halo 2 odst thay are all by the same guy

Whenever i put in the sizes, it changes it to look like im makn mjolnir armor for a doll...

do you put the results in the height , the width, the depth or the scale?

RvB_cabose said:
Whenever i put in the sizes, it changes it to look like im makn mjolnir armor for a doll...

do you put the results in the height , the width, the depth or the scale?

The assembled height. Everything else will adjust accordingly.

Catch_22 said:
Thanks for the information. Very helpful! Just a question? Is this the same Abrant3 from youtube. If so, I have been using some of your video tuts for making my armor. You do a great job explaining things, keep up the good work. Thanks again

yes it is Abrant3 from Youtube...

thanks for the chart Abrant3 its been most useful so far. I would also like to thank you for the excellent tutorials on Youtube. If not for the tut's on Youtube I wouldn't even be here.

so all you do is get the hight of the part make it in to cm probly add a few extra cms and that should do it?

im makeing a test helm of this now so when i start on my real suit ill have a good idea if i did it right or not

Abrant3 you are my savior. One of the files I have has the chest piece at 33mm, I think Barbie'd be hard pressed to get into that! I'm going to use this like a priest uses a bible. (or something more blasphemous?)

*Please someone STICKY THIS!

I came across this in the Official Scaling Thread and decided to give it a try.

Some of the math results I'm getting do not seem right at all to me. Here's what I got with the chestpiece before adding the extra mm for padding purposes.

My Height= 5'11"/71 inches/180cm

180/4.4= 40.977, round that to 41

41cm converted to 410mm and input that into the height scaleing.

Here's what the full scaleing comes to...

Height: 410

Width: 374

Depth: 376

Scale: 24.83553

Looking at that, 374mm is 14 inches. Fully around I have a 43 inch chest and is 18 inches wide. So to me these numbers seem like it'd make the chestpiece too small to leave any breathing room let alone decent movement while wearing it. I did these calculations using a low detailed model, but plan on using FS's HD model for my final piece. Any help on this would be appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back