Pumpkin Designs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spartan-029 said:
Have you entered into the HBO 343 guiltolantern contest yet?

Oh wow never saw that, Ill have to use my other tools to make a cool one from halo as well. thats a funny prize too, the voice actor of spark will record an answering machine message for you :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice I got a few some farmer round ere did! he used molds and grew de pumpkins inside them.[attachment=6973:10_22_08_pumpkin1.jpg] [attachment=6973:10_22_08_pumpkin1.jpg]

Grew....them....in.....molds? wow. Never thought of that. Amazing turn out though. I'll stick with something way less artistic I think.

No.... sorry, he didn't grow pumpkins inside molds.

Thats the technique popularized by Scott Cummins, a.k.a. Pumpkingutter, a Texas pumpkin sculptor that carves the flesh of the pumpkin rather than cutting through to the interior. Not sure if that his work though..

His website: http://www.pumpkingutter.com/

Incredible stuff...

gremlin1.jpg

tiger6.jpg

pumpkin_predator.jpg

1847586107_440802113e_o.jpg

toddler911 said:
Nice I got a few some farmer round ere did! he used molds and grew de pumpkins inside them.[attachment=6973:10_22_08_pumpkin1.jpg] [attachment=6973:10_22_08_pumpkin1.jpg]
Don't need to mention that since Sean did, but I will add, that thats not even your pumpkin. PHail. With a capital PH.

quit stealing other peoples work.

Ack! I wish i had seen this thread before i started carving mine! So many awesome designs! Serves me right for being gone for so long.

Anywho...the one i am working on has a mandalorian/bantha skull on it. I'm debating on whether or not to carve "peace is a lie" into it as well.

So this was my first year to carve a pumpkin and this the only pumpkin I carved. so here are the pics. hope y'all like 'em.

Well, I spent two evenings on it. Maybe a bit over 10 hours in total.

I thought maybe some of you might like to see how I carved it?

PumpkinProcess1.jpg

PumpkinProcess2.jpg

PumpkinProcess3.jpg

SeanBradleyPumpkinPic2.jpg

Everybody have a fun Halloween! I'm off to go finish my costume! ;)

BlacRoseImmortal said:
FREAKIN SWEET SEAN! That not only deserves first prize for this year but for the next 10 years too

man that does deserve first place, thats amazing :)

Awww. You guys are so generous. Personally I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Lets see some more pumpkins!!!

That looks awesome, Sean! I hope you win.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you use to cut it? -- I've bought a couple pumpkin carving kits over the past few years, but all the tools from those were used to either cut completely through, or poke little holes, so you can see the outline on the pattern before you cut it.

Also, that design would look pretty cool, if anyone's done wood burning before.

Edit: lawl@kelly.

I used a fine x-acto knife, some sculpting tools I had, and and a little coarse sandpaper to blend the clouds.

The size of the design on the pumpkin is about 9"x9.5". I used the most delicate tools I had. If I had planned better I would have gotten a much larger pumpkin so that you could see all the details in the photo. I completely lost the 'Trick or Treat' lettering on the bag that the Chief is holding because the scale is just too small. Also lost the edge highlighting on the chief that you can see in the progress photo.. but I think that was a camera error.

I'm gonna take some pics as it dries up and rots.. that should be interesting! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back