Purelunatic's Armor Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep looks good other than size. The 110 lb weight will probably be good. That's what I used and it held up nicely until I reinforced it. Good luck on the next 1!

Thanks for the input everyone. I'm gonna work on the forearm and boot this weekend. Maybe even the bicep. I've also printed off another thigh at a lower scale/height as suggested by gamerguy. I'll have some updates in a couple of days.

thats so sick! i wish i could make stuff like that.. this is a noobish question but im 13 years old/ but do ppl here think i can actually make stuff like this? i am getting a laptop in like a week so ill have pepakura soon, and im sure i have enough cardboard laying around.. what do you guys think?

Yep, you shouldn't have any problem making this stuff. But using cardboard will be much harder compared to card stock. Read the pepakura tutorials and the rest of the sticky topics to get a better understanding of what it takes to make the armor.

Okay, big time update. I finished resizing a thigh which worked out great. As well, I made a bicep, forearm and "space diaper" that also seem to fit. Along with those I made a tester helmet for FS' HD model. It seems fine to me. What does everyone think about the sizing for all of the pieces?

IMG_0944.jpg

IMG_0945.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg

IMG_0952.jpg

Hey, can you take a pic of the forearm piece taken from the side. I want to see how you scaled relative to the bicep piece. Nice looking pep work, btw.

At first, the forearm looked a bit "fat" but after a while, it looks just right. The other pieces look very good. Are you able to slide your hand through the forearm piece? I can't in mine. Do you remember the assembled heights that you used the bicep and forearm pieces? I'm trying to compare the proportion of your pieces with mine.

@ Ral Partha
Yep, I can slide my hand through the forearm, but there isn't a lot of room. As far as the heights go, the bicep was 34.0 cm using Robogenisis' model, and the forearm 32.8 cm using Nuggets model.

@ Macattack64
Well I used Crackhead model for the thigh at a height of 42 cm. This differed from the lower detailed Robo model I made first. The Robo model was made at a height of 45.1 cm and fit right. So I had to make Crackheads model about 3 cm shorter.

@haloed
Thanks, and yeah I wanted to make a set of arm armor for one side of my body and a set of leg for the other for no particular reason :p

wow, you've really done yourself proud, this is going to turn out to be some great armor i think, well done. also you are the best noob ive ever seen, so polite and no stupid questions, everythings so constructive (y)

WOW, you have the scaling on all your pep PERFECT! lol, I'm loving the thighs and space diaper ;) That picture really looks like MC on Casual Friday or something lol.

@ChaoBreeder
Here's another pic of my bunny, named Cadbury, chewing on the helmet. He doesn't seem to like it much :p

IMG_0953.jpg

@hognoshal
Thank you very much, I'm flattered :D

@BlacRoseImmortal
Thanks, I'm trying really hard to make the scaling as perfect as I can. I don't want to look too huge :p

The next update should include the pep helmet and boot which is going to take a little while I'm guessing. Nonetheless, my goal to be done for Halloween still seems possible.

Well I finished a left shin today. It seems to be proportional to the thigh, I have to hold it up a bit since the boot i have isn't really finished. What does everyone think?

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1022.jpg

@Macattack64
For the most part I used Robogenisis' low detail models with my height for the scale. Then I made them to see how they looked. After that it was more or less a rough estimate for the high detail models. However crackheads models seem to be about 3 cm bigger for the thigh and shin.

@BlacRoseImmortal
Thanks, I am going for that sexy look :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back