question for my project

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevor

hi, i started a my project which is basicaly just the helmet (mc) and im using pepakura. this is what i did ... i printed the pieces to the helmet on normal paper because i ddint have any money to buy cardstock paper. Thoe only others stuff that i think is close enough to it is bristol board. My question is . if i took the pieces to the helmet and glue it on to the bristol board , then cut it out then assembled it if it would work the same as cardstock?

Cardstock really isn't that expensive. You're going to end up spending more on the super glue/hot glue than you'd spend on the cardstock. I recommend that you go out and buy some...

trev said:
hi, i started a my project which is basicaly just the helmet (mc) and im using pepakura. this is what i did ... i printed the pieces to the helmet on normal paper because i ddint have any money to buy cardstock paper. Thoe only others stuff that i think is close enough to it is bristol board. My question is . if i took the pieces to the helmet and glue it on to the bristol board , then cut it out then assembled it if it would work the same as cardstock?

yes it would

Nugget said:
Cardstock really isn't that expensive. You're going to end up spending more on the super glue/hot glue than you'd spend on the cardstock. I recommend that you go out and buy some...

he's correct though sorry man

Last edited by a moderator:
there is a reason why they reccommend cardstock. I used big mat photo quality paper (only had to print out 3 sheets for the helmet) and i wasnt thick enough for my liking, and also, make sure your folds are done like they tell you in the creation section, cause most of my folds ended up not holding real well while gluing and resining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back