[question] MK VI - between the top of the boot and bottom of the shin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thacrudd

I've noticed that there is a thick black gap between the top of the boots and the bottom of the shins. I think Longshot-x used a couple plungers to fill the gap, but I was curious if anyone has tried anything else. I'm a fairly tall guy an I know that if I don't put a couple inches of something there, the shins will be too low and will look funny. Any takers on this?

I've noticed that there is a thick black gap between the top of the boots and the bottom of the shins. I think Longshot-x used a couple plungers to fill the gap, but I was curious if anyone has tried anything else. I'm a fairly tall guy an I know that if I don't put a couple inches of something there, the shins will be too low and will look funny. Any takers on this?

Correct. I used a pair of BRAND NEW (not used) toilet plungers to fill the gap and lift the shins to where I want them. Worked out very well.

cheers!

Correct. I used a pair of BRAND NEW (not used) toilet plungers to fill the gap and lift the shins to where I want them. Worked out very well.

cheers!

Thanks man. You build has been more than inspirational. Did you cut them in half and zip tie them on or did you just cut one side and slide them on?

I believe he cut it on one side and then wrapped it around his ankle. There is also another way to do it by using plastic corrugated pipe. Super cheap by the foot at any hardware store. Just find the right diameter for your ankle and cut down one side to open it up. Pop your foot in in between putting on your shin and boot and done. I've also seen people attach it to either their shin piece or boot, but I've never done it myself.

Thanks man. You build has been more than inspirational. Did you cut them in half and zip tie them on or did you just cut one side and slide them on?

I cut one side and then slip them on. Then I use the laces from the combat boots to keep them in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back