Quick Fiberglass/resin Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronster

How long should it take the fiberglass and resing to dry? It's been over 24 hours and some spots still feel a little tacky.

I dunno whether I should keep waiting, or just go ahead and start sanding and bondo'ing...

Thanks!

it should be dry by now... depending on the weather but usually it shouldnt take more than an hr to cure.

did you measure and add the proper amounts of hardner?

you can mix up another batch of resin and add a couple extra drops of hardner and brush it over, should take care of your problem.

Hmm... that could be it. I remember sometimes putting less hardener in to give more work time with the glass...

I'm gonna give it a quick coat of primer and maybe that could solve my problem. If not, extra resin coat.

mine one was too when my resining was done

just put it in the sun for an our or two and you're good to go

cheers

bob

if it has kind of a tacky feel(not coming off on you) you can put a little baby powder on it and it will dry it out. I've had to do it to a couple pieces, because weather here is goofy. I usually just add 9-10 drops even when it calls for 12 an ounce.

It IS coming off on me. Not a lot. Just enough to make my fingers a little sticky...

Would a heat gun work?

Ok, so the new layer of resin has dried. If its a little tacky, but not enough to stick on my hands or fingers, is it done?

Ok, so the new layer of resin has dried. If its a little tacky, but not enough to stick on my hands or fingers, is it done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back