Quick Lil Thing About Super Glue

Status
Not open for further replies.

redragon74

well working on my cqb last night and decided to like i always do get the super glue off with a knife scratching it off

well end result- the lil red dimples in the picks and indents in my fingers are cuts. very small hurting ones lol
and my fingertips are pretty raw and burn to the touch of just bout everything...

Picture003.jpg

Picture002-2.jpg

my advise..dont do it :D

Wow.... of all things to use to get the superglue off your fingers and you choose a blade :lol:

Remember folks. Twist slowly to become unglued from whatever it is you were glued to. Then, pick off the excess glue from your fingers with your fingernails...

No more booboos :D

i got no nails though lol i do twist slowely to get off from w/e im stuck to but my fingers are as what my g/f calls em grapes >< i got nothin

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(redragon74 @ Jul 31 2008, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>i got no nails though lol i do twist slowely to get off from w/e im stuck to but my fingers are as what my g/f calls em grapes >< i got nothin</div>

If you have a thin layer of glue on your skin, its hard to take out... Put MORE glue, and thicken it up, then you can just easily lift the thing off your skin. It comes out very easy if its thick..
Also, and I don't want to be giving away all my tricks but, sodium bicarbonate (arm & hammer) mixes with super glue like you wouldn't believe. Its what I use when gluing stuff that needs extra strength.

Keep a little tray with some powder and if you don't want to wipe any glue off your fingers, just dab it in the powder, then peel off the chunky glue from your skin. Its easy!

I just rub my fingers/hands together and it usually gets the glue off. I get so much glue on my hands though because when glue oozes out of a flap i wipe it clean with my fingers.

just leave it on ... what does it matter if you have some glue on you? I usually just go about my normal day and any glue with fall off within a day or so. No sweat.
Just my word of advice don't use a sharp object to get it off...
And on another word - use the twist method rose suggested - if you have questions you can check my supergluers minitip it has an interesting way to use superglue in general and a video demonstration of the finger twist.

leegrisham said:
just leave it on ... what does it matter if you have some glue on you

Well, if your like. Going to the bathroom. Or doing other stuff...Jk, jk.. XD It gets annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a blade to get superglue off my hands.... As most know i play warhammer, which requires lots of assembling and cutting tiny little pieces with a small blade. I have never cut myself, although i did put a small drill bit through my finger when i was trying to pin a mini together...

o_O....a knife? Ouch all I do is wash it, then bite it all off. the worst thing that happened was a line of skin came off with the glue...
It hurt.

hmm ill have to check it out lee ^^ thanks for lettin me know

well im using the Gel kind and not that liquid one cause it wont go everywhere as soon as you get some out. itl come out and stay wear you want it to but the only problem i have with it is, there air bubbles in the lil packets cause it to just keep coming out when i dont need it, but other than that the only amount i have on my fingers is from what comes out of the seams. i used to use electrical tape but i decided to go with the more professional look of super glu for my CQB lol
but for ppl like wtf a knife yea i was using a knife or exacto blade to get it off but, i needed it off asap. Ive been going on job interviews and dropping off applications and resumes left and right so i kinda need it off asap everythings gotta be good for that first impression even if its in a handshake :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back