Reach: An Lt Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I updated the noble team collaboration thread last night but since this is my build thread I figured I should post here too. Pepped out l3x's new torso, reinforced the flat areas and added more bracing so it would be stable and to fix some warping issues. I also pepped his Carter shoulders, modifying the smaller one a bit. Here's the pics:

3f12bb84.jpg

8bf9fc12.jpg

4755e6db.jpg

9c9dcb24.jpg

292ea463.jpg

4a93ced3.jpg

I may do the resin in the next little while. I had been planning on waiting for some 321 to come in, but I don't know if I want to wait that long. We shall see I guess.

i was just wondering if this build was still going on i should have figured tho lol its looking damn good man i cant wait to c it finished..........

Yeah, the build continues. I have a good chunk of spare time on my hands so I am doing what I can. I pepped out a new gauntlet over the weekend, I want to build on maskers work and get a completely accurate forearm. I pepped it at 215 mm but looked a bit small so I pepped a larger version at 240 mm and it is much better. I should be able to start resining parts tomorrow. I will have to go with polyester resin for now until I can lay hold of some 321. Here are some pics of the forearms.
aaf9dce6.jpg

f15cf43d.jpg

0ea7d3f0.jpg

I use ruze's model on both with Ben streepers unfold on the smaller one and an overhauled unfold for the larger one. Once again I used cardboard to reinforce the areas I want to stay flat.

Very impressive work on the torso! I know how awkward some of the finer details can be to make. Good job :)
Have built Ruze's forearm pieces myself too. I was wondering, will you be adding any of the extra details on the forearms? If so, are you gonna add extra pieces in the pep stage or carving them in at the bondo stage?
Cheers!

- X.

Thanks Dave. You know how much of a bond fiend I am. As far as adding details, most of what I do add will be in the bondo stages. I use a variety of techniques for adding detail, not just carving it in. You can see my process for using foamies and double sided tape earlier in the thread.

Hey Brandon you are doing an amazing job! This is one of my favorite projects because everything you do turns out perfect. I was also wondering if you could tell me what type of glue you are using and I will take your tip on using gold grade Bondo. Sorry for the nooby question,
Maysen22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back