Reach and mass effects, its been awhile for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
black visor is just a motorcyle helmet visor I picked up locally they were out of gold, and yes brandon I might be taking you up on the offer.

i have officially found out what I want to make my armor out of... im good with cardboard, so this shouldnt be too hard. just a quick idea: if you were to use the same technique for weapons, just with a frame in the center, and carve out details with a dremel, how well do you think that would work? becuase if it does, i think i just found one of teh easyest ways to make a gun.

i have officially found out what I want to make my armor out of... im good with cardboard, so this shouldnt be too hard. just a quick idea: if you were to use the same technique for weapons, just with a frame in the center, and carve out details with a dremel, how well do you think that would work? becuase if it does, i think i just found one of teh easyest ways to make a gun.
Why yes...yes it would.

hey i got some questions , what kind of bondo did you use for your helmet and which bit for the dremel did you use for the to make the details?

I used the standard walmart stuff, and I did not use a dremal once on the helmet just an exato knife, files, and sandpaper.

Hey timecon,
I was just wondering what you used to attach the strapping to your armour. I want to use velcro on mine, but I am having problems keeping it on. I tried hot and crazy glue, bu both peeled away when I attempted to peel the other layer of velcro off. You have any ideas? I've run out, all I know is that I don't want to use a system that would show over the undersuit (ie:strapping).

Thanks!

EDIT:

I forgot to mention, I love your foam suits. Your costume is what convinced me to use the same method.

Hey timecon,
I was just wondering what you used to attach the strapping to your armour. I want to use velcro on mine, but I am having problems keeping it on. I tried hot and crazy glue, bu both peeled away when I attempted to peel the other layer of velcro off. You have any ideas? I've run out, all I know is that I don't want to use a system that would show over the undersuit (ie:strapping).

Thanks!

EDIT:

I forgot to mention, I love your foam suits. Your costume is what convinced me to use the same method.

Eventhough this question wasent asked to me, im gunna answer it!:)

I am using velcro for attaching the thighs to the cod piece using hot glue. now i LAYERED the hot glue on it so that there is no chance that it could come off. but for attaching the shoulders, i bought some Side Release Plastic Buckles from amazon and i will glue the straps on also. Hopefully timecon has a better method but yeah it has worked so far!

Yeah, but I want to have the thighs held up by only the undersuit as I don't want visible buckles. When you say layers, do you mean that you glued the top edges of the velcro as well? The glue sticks fine to my velcro, but when it comes the the flat surface of the foam, it just peels off.

I don't get so technical with stuff I just used strapping for everything but I did use velcro for the boots,if I have time, I'll try to make a video in the next few days showing the suit in more detail if that will help.

im not sure if this has been answered before, but how did you make it look so smooth? anyone can answer this one, and i cant figure anything that would do it. thanks! that suit is absolutely wicked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back