Reach Build 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZettaiKagerou

Hello everyone thought I’d post here since I should probably try to be more active. ;3; My old account got deactivated since I was out of the building world for too long :( but technically this is build 3.0. (1.0 was scrapped entirely, 2.0 was updated to 2.5 then didn’t survive moving and was recycled for parts sadly.) I’m trying to pace myself on this build since I’m hoping to wear this one for a few years.

Of all the things to start with...I decided the forearms. Since I feel like I’d be more motivated with something I can occasionally wear when in a rut. I had to omit a lot of parts from the original fold to make the pieces fit since I’m *sigh* small. I really wish I had started with the shins like I did with build 2.0. Anyway here are my not so identical pieces.

A3562921-1CD0-41F0-B9D7-43ED08803BEB.jpeg

4A201FFF-1863-426C-9782-B416D9DEBC99.jpeg

E95E7462-6626-4B41-935E-E2DC5103AB63.jpeg

9EA1AA4F-EADE-4E81-A8A7-1788294E0CEA.jpeg

Pardon the lighting my workspace is a corner ;(

Adding an update here since I finally moved on to the biceps which make me want to cry. I just got ONE done tonight. I had to make adjustments and will probably need to revisit this later to ensure it fits properly. Will probably get better pictures later super tired and need sleep...
BAD13629-963E-4FD7-A61B-CC784EB7F746.jpeg
8117A5FA-E8F7-4AA9-A6B6-8EE3B50C64FB.jpeg

Please ignore the phone charms ;~;

Adding an update here since I finally moved on to the biceps which make me want to cry. I just got ONE done tonight. I had to make adjustments and will probably need to revisit this later to ensure it fits properly. Will probably get better pictures later super tired and need sleep...

Please ignore the phone charms ;~;
How can I ignore a mini body pillow of Prince Sidon though? That's fantastic.:love:

Also your foamwork on the bicep is excellent.

And now TurboCharizard hasn't taken a picture of his face until his black-eye swelling goes down........What freaked me out was I thought you changed shirts for some odd reason really fast......to one w/ a cats face on it......until I realized, it was a cat!!!!

She was confused that I booped her head with my elbow in an attempt to pet her. Gotta be real careful tho they love to chew on foam if I leave it unattended! Makes crafting difficult since I have to hide everything if I need to pause to eat or stop for the night. :confused:

The build looks amazing! I have a question, I’m still new to foam smithing what foam is the white and yellow? I’ve seen a lot of people using it and have been too scared to ask till now. Also, I use the same mouth wash good choice.

The build looks amazing! I have a question, I’m still new to foam smithing what foam is the white and yellow? I’ve seen a lot of people using it and have been too scared to ask till now. Also, I use the same mouth wash good choice.

It's regular craft foam you find at hobby lobby, michaels, joanns, and walmart. The white foam is I think 5 mm, so its a lil thicker than the yellow foam which is 2 mm? I ripped the stickers off the sheets once I got them home :C

But I will warn that you have to be very mindful when heating the thinner foam, as it will burn/warp quickly. I've learned to cut slightly longer or wider pieces to account for the possible shrinking. The white foam I've used for details that I feel don't need to be cut from the foam mats, and the yellow I've used for smaller details. (Edit: the mouth wash isn't mine anymore lol any small amount that I accidentally swallow makes me ill for 2 days it now sits there mocking my attempts at combating cavities ;~; )

It's regular craft foam you find at hobby lobby, michaels, joanns, and walmart. The white foam is I think 5 mm, so its a lil thicker than the yellow foam which is 2 mm? I ripped the stickers off the sheets once I got them home :C

But I will warn that you have to be very mindful when heating the thinner foam, as it will burn/warp quickly. I've learned to cut slightly longer or wider pieces to account for the possible shrinking. The white foam I've used for details that I feel don't need to be cut from the foam mats, and the yellow I've used for smaller details. (Edit: the mouth wash isn't mine anymore lol any small amount that I accidentally swallow makes me ill for 2 days it now sits there mocking my attempts at combating cavities ;~; )
Thank you for the advice and where to get the foam! And maybe a set of armor will help better is the fight against cavities!

Good news! Second bicep is coming along really well. Bad news...I want to remake the first bicep that I crash coursed...
2A89D992-4C4A-4754-9254-F77F7C3DD2D0.jpeg

If time permits I’ll come back to remake it, but I’m trying to keep steady progress overall to allow myself enough time to 1. figure out the helmet and 2. painting the entire thing. But man is it really bothersome to look at the first one... :eek:

Second bicep is done and I’m having flashbacks to when I scrapped build 1.0 because it just didn’t fit or look well...
FE82FD50-FD0F-4928-A17E-29911B86C1E5.jpeg

Looks good but fits awful, the amount of adjustments I have to make is starting to stack up enough to be discouraging...I have a dremel that I thought about using to sand the areas that are just slightly too tight? Or cutting spots and expanding on them? Any tips are appreciated!

Despite that small downer, I still managed to enjoy having two arms now restricted by foam:
9515B915-D657-4DCD-9D09-9B14AC9D288A.jpeg

I’m gonna call it a night and try to come back to them over the weekend for adjustments.

The foam work looks really nice, i love the detail pieces with the craft foam. Using a dremmel to sand the inside may work depending on how much, Or little, room you need to make. I did this with the wrist piece of my forearm and it worked out well.

Can I ask why a chicken foot with a bow?

The foam work looks really nice, i love the detail pieces with the craft foam. Using a dremmel to sand the inside may work depending on how much, Or little, room you need to make. I did this with the wrist piece of my forearm and it worked out well.

Can I ask why a chicken foot with a bow?

Hm the majority of the pieces are made up of those foam mats from harbor freight. So I doubt sanding the thicker areas would do much harm. I’m caught up on: “Do I continue making all the pieces and then revisit them? Or do I just attempt adjustments now and if needed remake them now?” <-all that’s just internal conflict though.

As for the tattoo...it’s one of the two that I got on Friday the 13th(although neither have a 13 on them and these were my first tattoos). I could only pick from a flash sheet since it was an event. I knew I wanted to get two and was set on a crystal cluster for my right wrist and kinda said screw it chicken foot with a bow for the left wrist. No egrets haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back