Reach Gloves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astolfo13

I have been looking at more pairs of gloves than I thought was humanly possible until I stumbled on these bad boys. They look nearly identical to the reference picture of Carter's on top, however the palms are shiny. Despite the shine, the palms also look close to the in game model as far as pattern and texture go.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could eliminate the shine if I were to purchase these?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210124-234451~3.png
    Screenshot_20210124-234451~3.png
    319.6 KB · Views: 230
  • Screenshot_20210125-001204~2.png
    Screenshot_20210125-001204~2.png
    331.6 KB · Views: 245
  • Screenshot_20210125-001156~2.png
    Screenshot_20210125-001156~2.png
    326.5 KB · Views: 243
I'm not great with things like that but depending on what the material is you could be able take some sandpaper to them, working from lower grit to high until its smooth but not glossy. I have this pair on the way from Amazon
Screenshot_20210125-021144_Chrome.jpg

Besides the tag on the side ( them band holding the hand plate down should cover this or i can cut it off) I thought they looked good as well. The Reach hands don't have much going on so I liked these for being detailed yet simple

They look like silicone grips, so alas it might take more than sandpaper to reduce the glossiness. There may be a solvent you could use on it which would slightly melt it and produce an uneven finish (thus, not glossy), but without knowing what type of silicone/rubber it is I couldn't suggest a solvent.

I'm not great with things like that but depending on what the material is you could be able take some sandpaper to them, working from lower grit to high until its smooth but not glossy. I have this pair on the way from Amazon View attachment 302009
Besides the tag on the side ( them band holding the hand plate down should cover this or i can cut it off) I thought they looked good as well. The Reach hands don't have much going on so I liked these for being detailed yet simple
Thanks for the sandpaper idea, as well as thise gloves you got! I might try to sand them, and if I can't get them where I want I'll definitely look into the gloves you recommend.
They look like silicone grips, so alas it might take more than sandpaper to reduce the glossiness. There may be a solvent you could use on it which would slightly melt it and produce an uneven finish (thus, not glossy), but without knowing what type of silicone/rubber it is I couldn't suggest a solvent.
I just doubled checked and they are silicone, but of course it doesn't specify exactly what type they are. If I can't get some sandpaper to work I'll do some more research and see if I cat remove the shine chemically.

Thanks again to both of you!

Acetone works to remove silicone caulking, so it might work to remove the silicone sheen on the gloves. I also just looked up those gloves, and holy moly are they expensive! They're also full on Winter gloves with wind resistance, just so you're aware your hands might get warm in those real quick.

Acetone works to remove silicone caulking, so it might work to remove the silicone sheen on the gloves. I also just looked up those gloves, and holy moly are they expensive! They're also full on Winter gloves with wind resistance, just so you're aware your hands might get warm in those real quick.
Thanks for the advice on acetone.

As far as pricing goes, they are a bit more than other options, but I think the pattern works really well.

And I appreciate the info about them being cold weather. I was able to locate a version for normal weather so I don't get toasty hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back