reach recon

Status
Not open for further replies.
well im sure you could make the reach helmet and im guessing someone will make the helmet attachment files soon. that way we all can convert our armor to reach style

I'm in the process of starting reach recon as well. I'm starting with the helmet model from halo 3 and am going to make the necessary tweaks as I go. I was also going to knock out plans for the helmet attachments via trial and error.

I'm doing the same thing. I bought a copy of reach from Wal Mart, which came with the "Free Spartan Recon helmet!", (dont know if this was a WalMart exclusive or if every copy of Reach has this). But looking at the pics on the leaflet, I think it will acutally be EASIER to make than the H3 Recon. Everything is more rounded and smooth (except the attatchments). The crevices are shallower and all in all the shape is closer to a ball, and less like a star than the H3. The Smooth Belacor file looks like it should accomadate the new style without alot of modification.

I agree on the smooth file. That's the one I'm starting with. I've been looking at some of my game footage as reference for the curves and shapes. I'm also considering making the helmet attachment removable in some fashion. Looked at some different "quick release" devices today. I'm peping the helmet now and as soon as I start shaping the bondo or whatever I end up using, I'll make a post with pics.

You could always try scratch building or sculpting it...if you're too impatient to wait for the files. :p

I'm working on the 3d model, but with everything else going on, it may be a while before it's done. If I get it done before anyone else, I will post them.

well thats cool man i cant wait till i see them see modelers are some im portant part of this place i just cant seem to get a good ummm nvm nice job man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back