Reach Trooper Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD2253

Previously I was going to build this helmet from scratch using a bike helmet, but I decided to pep one because I am running out of time (going out of town for 2 weeks) because the San Diego Comic Con 2011 is just around the corner and most of all I wanted an accurate looking helmet. The most challenging part of this build are the ears due to the concentric rings and how it all goes together. The other challenging part was the top back of the helmet because it didn't quite line up so I had to snip out the extra material to fix it. Other than that, Lee Anderson's helmet is a cool helmet to build. Thanks Lee!

DSC01672.jpg

DSC01667.jpg

DSC01673.jpg

DSC01670.jpg

DSC01668.jpg

DSC01669.jpg

Here is how the helmet looks on me. It seems proportionate to my size.
DSC01677.jpg

Man the helmet looks really good, the pep looks nice and straight, this thing should look really great when its finished, Great job

Thanks dude, means a lot coming from you! Didn't really have the patience for pepping anything but after I was done with this, I really see it's convenience versus scratch building.

UPDATE: I brushed on a layer of rondo on the exterior of the helmet and sanded down the pep lines as much as I could. The ear sections did not get the rondo because of the details that will be difficult to sand down. Still need to sand down the lower half of the helmet this week.

DSC01727.jpg
DSC01724.jpg
DSC01725.jpg
DSC01726.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back