Reach UNSC Trooper WIP

Discussion in 'New Recruits' started by TD2253, Nov 10, 2010.

1. spartan005

spartan005 Well-Known Member

ok kool man ad its me and the wife that had set up the meet this year lol . and cant wait to see ur armor there...

2. TD2253

TD2253 Member

Looking forward to seeing your armor as well.

3. spartan005

yep what weapons you goin to have?

4. TD2253

TD2253 Member

Magnum and hopefully a Reach AR (MA37). I was making a basic backpack but may put it off and finish my modded Nerf Recon/MA37 instead. Were you making a sniper rifle?

5. spartan005

yeah and its finally done lol got the right scope made for it now....

6. TD2253

TD2253 Member

Sweet! Glad you were able to finish it ahead of time.

7. spartan005

ahead of time crap i finished it last week just like the little change i did to my core to make the chest and ecverything look better. but i thik i have enough guns lol i will have one for each day lol. an AR,BR,SRS 99, and M7S, plus my socom and or m6g lol

8. TD2253

TD2253 Member

Dude, you have a complete arsenal of weapons lol!

9. turtle509

turtle509

hey td would happen to have a template for the marine collar attachment in the works

d.jpg

also are you doing any runs of your knee pieces?

Attached Files:

• d.jpg
      d.jpg
      File size:
      27.5 KB
      Views:
  10. thorn696

thorn696

You're build is moving along great.

11. A RANDOM sK

A RANDOM sK New Member

your templates are a god send, hoping to start making a marine that pilots one of the sabre's and helps 6 on the corvette, if you ever did make a template for the collar it would be appreciated but i think it might be hard cause everyones body shape is different meaning the basic template would have to be modified to fit, sounds like it would need to be scratch built to me. Great work on the armour by the way :)

12. TD2253

TD2253 Member

Hey Turtle, so sorry for the late reply...been busy getting ready for comic con, but I don't have templates for the Marine collar. I'll probably work on it sometime later since I really like the Marine Trooper variant. Regarding the knees, I need to make some changes then I'll let you know when I do make a few runs of them. Thanks for your interest in my work.

Thanks Thorn!

Thanks for the compliment and I'll post a new thread for the collar. I am planning to make a mold of my UNSC Trooper helmet so I can make a copy to modify it into the Marine helmet which is a closed helmet compared to the regular Army troopers. I'll post a new thread when the time comes.

Here are pics of me in my finished armor post comic con meeting.

Trooperpic5.jpg
    Trooperpic2.jpg

Attached Files:

13. spartan005

its nice to meet you at CC man and your build was epic. i wouldnt mind gettin together some point soon just to talk i would love to get to look over how you made most of your armor for when i make my reach odst version. and loved the AR you have also. and im gettin pix up when i get new ones all the time on the FB page.

14. TD2253

TD2253 Member

Thanks Chris! Your ODST rocks dude! Yeah, just hit me up one of these weekends and I'll help you out with the armor and Reach AR. BTW, thanks for the pics again!

15. spartan005

yeah i will lol may have a meeting with a guy from LA about a halo fan film but if i have time i will let you know. and NP on the pix man when i get them i upload them it just takes a little bit since like i said in the post i have to save them then upload them. and once i have my odst done wee nneed to do a shoot you and me ..... and thanks for the friend acceptance on FB....

16. S1l3nt V1p3r

S1l3nt V1p3r Well-Known Member

TD, that Marine armor is awesome, man! Kudos! :)
    These are times I wish I was stateside so I could attend SDCC as well.

17. TD2253

TD2253 Member

Cool dude...sounds great! Now I gotta get busy with my back pack.

Thanks Viper! Will see you there when you're back home again and take care out there.

18. spartan005

yeah i saw the back pack it looks bad ass. im goin to do ground type odst no jetpack for me lol. um so i didnt get to ask you this lol but where you to be army or marine trooper. cammmies makes you army .

19. TD2253

TD2253 Member

Yeah I agree with you on that, I don't think I'm ready to tackle a pepakura jetpack just yet lol! I guess the way I have it now would make me army trooper but I would love to do the marine trooper for sure.

20. kolinrulz

kolinrulz Member

dude I love this build!

21. J326

J326

that is an awesome reach trooper!

22. turtle509

turtle509

no problem, it looks like you have been a busy trooper. I ended up just making a rough template using the figure i bought, and i'm working on making the ammo pouches too. I would be more than willing to send them to you once i get them scanned

23. TD2253

TD2253 Member

Cool! Glad you got it started at least; would be cool to see your WIP pics of that. I would appreciate getting templates for the ammo pouches...thanks!

24. turtle509

turtle509

here is what I have so far. all i have right now is craft foam, but im going to get some thicker stuff in a couple days. It seems a little big right now but that might change once I get thicker foam. My plan is to be able to convert my sean bradley odst to a reach odst before the anniversary so i can hang out at gamestop.

Picture57.jpg

oh and here is the sniper pouch i finished sewing together today

Picture58.jpg
    Picture59.jpg
    Picture60.jpg
    Picture61.jpg
    Picture62.jpg

sorry for the quality, i need a new camera

Attached Files:

25. Serepheth

Serepheth Jr Member

Great work man! this looks super awesome. i like the el wire idea didnt know about it before. cant wait to see it all finished.