REAL Iron Man/War Machine peps, 405th teamup!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good deal :D

@ our three musketeers.
Could you do what zabana has done with his original peps?
He closes the models wich I think he does to maintain form of the pep.

I currently am working on sharkheads 3 piece helmet. The flaceplate however has become pretty wide. I feel that with a back plate this will be overcome.

WOW.

so is this going to be a whole suit being done for pep ? i been running around investigating for the best peps for weeks - and i thinking these could be the ones i will want if thats the case

Good deal :D

@ our three musketeers.
Could you do what zabana has done with his original peps?
He closes the models wich I think he does to maintain form of the pep.

I currently am working on sharkheads 3 piece helmet. The flaceplate however has become pretty wide. I feel that with a back plate this will be overcome.

WOW.
You mean close the bottom of the helmet so it's a closed, hollow shell?
If so, then yes, I usually did that for my own helmets but left it off for the 405th because no one used it, but I can post it that way if ya want.
Dang, that's a good deal for you! Haha

Here's that link to the RPF IM that was being made with a 3D printer.

http://www.therpf.com/f24/iron-man-helmet-armor-3d-print-plus-86200/
Oh yes, I've seen that thread before. So lucky to have easy access to a 3D printer. o__o

so is this going to be a whole suit being done for pep ? i been running around investigating for the best peps for weeks - and i thinking these could be the ones i will want if thats the case
Yes, we have hopes to at LEAST get the Mark 6 and War Machine.

Holy schnikes! Any chance at all of getting Iron Monger? I'm trying to get started on that costume, and I *THINK* I can do it, but if there's a .OBJ or pep file out there I might be able to get, I'd love to get hold of it.

Regardless, thanks for your efforts on what you've mentioned so far!

Hi Sharkhead,
yes, a closed bottom or perhaps a few bars of paper just like you did for the mouth piece.
I think such a plate or beam(s) will make it easier to make the model correct.
I know am trying to use this method backwards in order for my faceplate to get into the correct shape.

just a thought for the Pep models: please please PLEASE put support beams/bars so the pieces can keep their shape and pieces will be separated properly. that is one of the most frustrating things, having to guess the distances when making supports.

i cant wait for the War Machine! any chance in hell of making the first Mark I suit for Pepping?

just a thought for the Pep models: please please PLEASE put support beams/bars so the pieces can keep their shape and pieces will be separated properly. that is one of the most frustrating things, having to guess the distances when making supports.

i cant wait for the War Machine! any chance in hell of making the first Mark I suit for Pepping?
Yes, my models always have support beams so as Zabana, Dubean and I are working on these I'll make sure they have some. Actually, Zabana has done the hardest part of the project already, so Dubean and I will probably be taking care of peps. :)

As for Mark I peps, I don't know, I've been offered the ILM model of the Mark I for a trade, I'll have to talk to my team about it.

i know a Mark I would be rediculously hard but it would be worth it if it was high res and captured all the detail of the suit. also, what are the odds of ever seeing a comic book version of the armors in Pep form?

also, any chance you guys could include a Pepped version of the hinge system for the helmets?

btw, i ask you guys because you guys have made my favorite Peps to date. im about to start on my 3rd version of the high res War Machine helmet and hopefully the scale will be right this time, lol. they may be too big or too small due to my ineptitude with scaling, but the finished product is amazing in its detail.

you guys kick ass!

Hey Shark,

I love all of your iron man work along with Zabana. I've got 2 plotters here if you need any help cutting all the Peps ;)

Also have CNC and laser cutter access for some authentic bits & pieces.

Sadly I'm a maya & C4D guy so not sure how much help I'd be with Pep at the moment, but hit me up if you need any help...

ares5000@aol.com

i know a Mark I would be rediculously hard but it would be worth it if it was high res and captured all the detail of the suit. also, what are the odds of ever seeing a comic book version of the armors in Pep form?

also, any chance you guys could include a Pepped version of the hinge system for the helmets?

btw, i ask you guys because you guys have made my favorite Peps to date. im about to start on my 3rd version of the high res War Machine helmet and hopefully the scale will be right this time, lol. they may be too big or too small due to my ineptitude with scaling, but the finished product is amazing in its detail.

you guys kick ass!
Well, I can't speak for Zabana and Dubean but since we have the 3d models for all the suits I may get antsy afterward and start comic book versions, I do really like the comic Extremis. And a big emphatic YES! to the pep hinges, I was just working out a design. Zabana is also REALLY good with hinge designs, he found an awesome way to plan it out right on the 3d model! :D I'll probably go to him with questions. Personally, I'll be transferring the basic shape to sheet metal I picked up from Home Depot. In addition, I found some old servos, a receiver and a remote control for an old plane I had, I'll probably use those for automation. HOWEVER, I've been working out how to make the faceplate move without electronics, but without an obvious movement to open/close it. If I can perfect this design I'll post it here too.
Thanks for the comment!

Hey Shark,

I love all of your iron man work along with Zabana. I've got 2 plotters here if you need any help cutting all the Peps ;)

Also have CNC and laser cutter access for some authentic bits & pieces.

Sadly I'm a maya & C4D guy so not sure how much help I'd be with Pep at the moment, but hit me up if you need any help...

ares5000@aol.com

Thanks for the offer! :D I've got your email saved.

you are amazing Shark! i would love to do a comic book Iron Man Pep suit. dont get me wrong, i love the movie versions, but i grew up on the the old gold and red suit from the original comic. and i have to say, since you will be doing a hinge system in Pep form for your models, YOU ARE AWESOME!!!! dude how much detail do you plan on putting into your suits? ... i mean, if you are planning to do hinges in Pep form, what other goodies do you have in store?? and when will they be out to download??

you guys should just run through the Iron Man rogues gallery and do Peps for all his armored villains, heh. Titanium Man, Iron Monger, Crimson Dynamo, the Mandarins rings, The Beetle, Guardsman, The Ghost's weapons, heh even Stilt Man! if you could somehow engineer a way to make the suitcase armor you would be a god, lol! how cool would it be to just have a full room of suits dedicated to the Armored Avenger! i know im getting way ahead of myself, but i have loved Iron Man for like 2 decades, and to find out i can now make my own suits, fan-freakin-tastic!!!!

any shot in hell of adding some sort of way for the armor pieces to connect together when you put them on? ... kind of eliminating the need for a detailed underarmor.

(rubs hands together in anticipation)

P.S. please please PLEASE do a Pep of War Machine's mini gun!

you are amazing Shark! i would love to do a comic book Iron Man Pep suit. dont get me wrong, i love the movie versions, but i grew up on the the old gold and red suit from the original comic. and i have to say, since you will be doing a hinge system in Pep form for your models, YOU ARE AWESOME!!!! dude how much detail do you plan on putting into your suits? ... i mean, if you are planning to do hinges in Pep form, what other goodies do you have in store?? and when will they be out to download??

you guys should just run through the Iron Man rogues gallery and do Peps for all his armored villains, heh. Titanium Man, Iron Monger, Crimson Dynamo, the Mandarins rings, The Beetle, Guardsman, The Ghost's weapons, heh even Stilt Man! if you could somehow engineer a way to make the suitcase armor you would be a god, lol! how cool would it be to just have a full room of suits dedicated to the Armored Avenger! i know im getting way ahead of myself, but i have loved Iron Man for like 2 decades, and to find out i can now make my own suits, fan-freakin-tastic!!!!

any shot in hell of adding some sort of way for the armor pieces to connect together when you put them on? ... kind of eliminating the need for a detailed underarmor.

(rubs hands together in anticipation)

P.S. please please PLEASE do a Pep of War Machine's mini gun!
Thanks. ^__^
If it weren't for this site I wouldn't have known about pepakura and I would have never gotten into prop making, so I'm happy that Zabana, Dubean and I can give something like this to ya'll. Dubean's already got the real helmet out, for everyone reading.
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php...urate-WAR-MACHINE-and-IRON-MAN-Helmets/page12
As for the suit peps, I'm anticipating that the suits will be very high def (not as in impossible to make, but it will have ALL the details). I can't really give an estimated time frame for the release of anything because taking on a job like this is extremely mentally tolling, so when I work it's usually Iron Man, War Machine, different Iron Man, War Machine, back and forth until they're finished one-by-one. Also, there are 3 of us so it's a bit unpredictable when we can individually be working. Extra stuff, I'll be throwing in while I work like maybe some optional hinged parts like the flight control flaps and so on. For enemies, it may actually be very possible to see Crimson Dynamo in the near future. Suitcase suit, I would check therpf.com. There's a tutorial for how to make that suit out of trash bin plastic, and the results look WICKED. The suitcase itself, I have a VERY accurate little toy that my nephew found for me, I'm going to 3D scan it to maintain that accuracy. There will 100% sure be pieces to connect the armor together.
War Machine's gun will be made too. :)

Unheared, That war machine file is the same one that sharkhead has. I don't see it getting any more accurate than that and still being peppable. Its a pretty challenging build as it is. Just make sure you use the size tester because the file is pretty small actually. (my bad!)

As for releasing a new one, i think the only difference would be the size of the unfold on a new release. And seeing how i'll (probably) be doing most of the unfolding for Sharkhead/zabanas stuff, it will fit in nicely with future models/suits/peps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back