Recon helmet WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashyink

Jr Member
last December i had a bit of pep fever and printed out a pile of assorted models.Over the summer i miss-placed 95% of said models. but then yesterday i found happend upon an unknown pile of red papers located between thy shelf and the wall. so what better to do on a Saturday then cut and glue said papers together. and thus my recon helmet was born. :p

i feel the sizing is about right, its comfortable but with enough room for rondo/fiberglass cloth, + a little bit of padding
recon003.jpg

the file looks a bit distorted and that's manly due to the fact that the bottom part of the neck is not glued on yet.
and then a quick 360 view of the pep file fully glued together.
recon006.jpg

recon007.jpg

recon009.jpg

recon010.jpg

today, my goal is to resin the outside and hopefully rondo the inside.

Nice pep work! I can't wait to see how this looks when you finish. Did you use hot glue to hold it all together?

yep, only two downsides i find with it is one the strings, and two the shortish work time. though in retrospect is lets me fiberglass when its cold out. being that the fumes that build up in the box don't eat the glue away.

Bravo flashyink, I did that same first pep too. Urs looks much more clean then mine did and plus urs looks like its scaled correctly lol keep going my friend!

well today was a boring day of homework and well work, but in my free time i got the outside resined and the inside randoed, quick question though, is rondo strong enough on its own or should i also fiberglass cloth the inside?

100_3134.jpg

100_3135.jpg

in a side note, i some how dented the right hand side of the helmet, looking back on the pep pictures and its there as well, ugh, well bondos around for a reason i guess :p

100_3136.jpg

yea i noticed that indent to, like right where the temple is right? dont worry it will smooth out with a good couple of passes with bondo

i hope so, all we can do is hope :p

a little update, been busy with running the sound for the school musical and then last week being midterm/finals/whatever you want to call them, and now where at hunting...
anyways haven'y really had a chance to work on the helmet, though thankfully i have thanksgiving break off next week so yay :D plenty of time to work, should update Tuesday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back