• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaya Tetsu

Alright, so heres the deal. I've noticed that most of us want to get involved,but a mojority of us don't have armor for whatever reason. So I was brainstorming and I had, what sturck me, as a good idea. Should we have a 'recruit' uniform/cotume for those without armor? So they can participate and still rep the 405th? With time people would recognise them as well, we'd just have to get involved. What do you think?

Example:

ODST could be boots,urban camo bdus with say with a tshirt that we the 405th design?

That woud also be good,because when you have your helmet, etc for your odst costume, you would wear the BDUs and the boots as part of your costume.

(Keep in mind this is a relatively new idea of mine, and I haven't really thought it ouw that well. in other words, its okay to disagree, etc etc. Just,please, no flamming, butchering, etc. If you disgree say so (its okay), and please state a reason why.)

Ok, thats a good idea and all but if they have to go and buy all of the things for the costume couldn't they just make a cheap pep suit? Im not saying its a bad idea i just don't understand what you mean.

-Matt

Kaya Tetsu said:
Alright, so heres the deal. I've noticed that most of us want to get involved,but a mojority of us don't have armor for whatever reason. So I was brainstorming and I had, what sturck me, as a good idea. Should we have a 'recruit' uniform/cotume for those without armor? So they can participate and still rep the 405th? With time people would recognise them as well, we'd just have to get involved. What do you think?

Example:

ODST could be boots,urban camo bdus with say with a tshirt that we the 405th design?

That woud also be good,because when you have your helmet, etc for your odst costume, you would wear the BDUs and the boots as part of your costume.

(Keep in mind this is a relatively new idea of mine, and I haven't really thought it ouw that well. in other words, its okay to disagree, etc etc. Just,please, no flamming, butchering, etc. If you disgree say so (its okay), and please state a reason why.)

Absolutely. Here's another idea for the recruit costume: the neck barcode.
You could do it with a marker if you're careful, or maybe a nice stencil and some type of human-safe paint to get it really crisp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Idea,vrogy. We could probably find a way to do those fake tattoos. You know, the ones kids use all the time.

gamerguy55 said:
Ok, thats a good idea and all but if they have to go and buy all of the things for the costume couldn't they just make a cheap pep suit? Im not saying its a bad idea i just don't understand what you mean.

-Matt
You have a point. However, a lot of people just don't have the time to make the armor at the moment. Or maybe they can't right now for some reason. Take me for example, I'm living in a rental house. I can't do anything for armor (even pep) until I move. I would make it outside,but I don't have a yard. I have to wait until I move into the house we're builing and I'm still negotiating with my parents, what space will be mine for my armor projects.

Thank you for being polite about your opinion matt.

- Kaya

i think thats a very good idea! im in the process of making my helm right now (first actual good loking piece) and when im done i would like to join more groups like that. good idea for beginners!!

I'd have to say that I like where your idea is heading. As more people make suggestions about your idea, we can start to get a better idea of how to accomplish that. I think when everyone's opinions have been made, this idea will shape into exactely what we want it to be.

I think people should use their time on working on a armor rather than a recruit suit.

Because so much people will come as "recruits" and none of them will even try to make a suit.

LastSpartan said:
I think people should use their time on working on a armor rather than a recruit suit.

Because so much people will come as "recruits" and none of them will even try to make a suit.

I understand where you're coming from. The idea was to use things that could be used with their traget cotume. Like ODST recruits would wear urban camo, perhaps spartans would wear black. Perhaps it would be a requirement to intend to make armor when you could? Like when I move into my new house and get settled I'm going to start on my armor (after school out). Then again, there are probably a few people on here that want to be involved and help out,etc,etc, but not make armor. I dunno.

Come on people, throw your opinions out here.

I can see how this could be used.
For example:
Your armor was damaged/almost finished. A con is coming up soon. The rest of the 405th guys who will be there will be fully armored. You could just wear whatever was completed.
Or:
You have made an ODST Costume. A bit of the strapping on the vest came loose on the ride to and you cannot fix it here. You simply do not wear the vest or the BDU Shirt and carry the helmet and wear a 405th T-shirt along with your waist-down costume. And your weapon.

Thanks for your input guys.

I can see the problem of people not making their armor. Which gave me the idea that it would be good for those that spend the time on a suit and don't get in. They can work on a better suit of armor and have help, while getting involved. I also like Ares' idea about somone's armor breaking right before a con or other event. They could still go and everything. However we are still faced with the not making armor group. Should we keep tabs on peoples progress? Should they have a reason if they don't make their armor? What if somone wanted to help out with the 405th, help get the name out there, etc etc,but not make armor?

C'mon guys, if you don't bring it up now, it can cause problems later.

Ares said:
I can see how this could be used.
For example:
Your armor was damaged/almost finished. A con is coming up soon. The rest of the 405th guys who will be there will be fully armored. You could just wear whatever was completed.
Or:
You have made an ODST Costume. A bit of the strapping on the vest came loose on the ride to and you cannot fix it here. You simply do not wear the vest or the BDU Shirt and carry the helmet and wear a 405th T-shirt along with your waist-down costume. And your weapon.
Yeah but the that situation is a bit different in that they actually have their armor, just it broke, as opposed to getting in w/o armor.

And Kaya's point about people who want to help is a very good one.

id like to see that...maybe they could be ground crew or something lol....but yeah im working on my ODST slowly, and eventually will be wearing the entire suit out until then....i had a though....the pewter pins you get in game shops, they would look AMAZING in the t shirt lol

This sounds like it could be a good idea if it was well regulated. I'm not sure how, but having people just showing up constantly as recruits would not be good. After all, this is an armour site.

link can make the tattoos, he made some a few months back if i remeber correctly.
i cant believe nobody remebers them

spartan114 said:
id like to see that...maybe they could be ground crew or something lol....but yeah im working on my ODST slowly, and eventually will be wearing the entire suit out until then....i had a though....the pewter pins you get in game shops, they would look AMAZING in the t shirt lol
What pewter pins?

helios said:
This sounds like it could be a good idea if it was well regulated. I'm not sure how, but having people just showing up constantly as recruits would not be good. After all, this is an armour site.
Right, I'm sure we could devise a way.

blinkava44 said:
link can make the tattoos, he made some a few months back if i remeber correctly.
i cant believe nobody remebers them
All you need is a special kind of paper and a printer to make those. You can buy the paper at the store. I didn't know he mad some before.

Thanks for your support. If everyone keeps posting on the idea then, I'm sure we can to turn it in to what we need it to be.

Vrogy said:
Absolutely. Here's another idea for the recruit costume: the neck barcode.
You could do it with a marker if you're careful, or maybe a nice stencil and some type of human-safe paint to get it really crisp.

somebody mentioned the barcode idea on another thread awhile back. i volunteered to get an actual tattoo barcode, but i quickly rejected the idea since mexican gang members are notorius for it. so a stencil would be tite, and easy to make

kaya tetsu
What pewter pins?

gamestops have pewter pins of the unsc insegnia. i bought one and have a picture of it in a thread of mine, go into my profile and you'll see it.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he meant the UNSC logo pewter pins. I'm thinking about picking a bunch of those up myself. Better hurry before they stop selling em.

papamurf812 said:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he meant the UNSC logo pewter pins. I'm thinking about picking a bunch of those up myself. Better hurry before they stop selling em.

i dont know if gamestop's even sell them anymore, there were a very limited time only thing.
i was gunna make castings from them out of skulpy, and make glow in the dark ones out of som material my uncle (spartan161) has. would be sweet to be in a dark area and only see the eagle glow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back