Recruit costume?

Recruit costume?

  • Yes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKK

Jr Member
i fully support said idea of glow in the dark 405th pins and a subdivision of recruit pins for recruits.

also what i said before maybe recruits can wear ODST from Arms Race
 

JediFraz

Active Member
Im guessing if we go to a con en mass. In armour you'd need a spotter in plainclothes.

Why not put them in the uniform, rather than having the helpers in jeans or whatever..?
 

Spartan043

Jr Member
and while we are at it why not just give us ranks :cautious: ..maybe use your xbl rank or have one through this site being ranked through posts.. ;)
 

Primal Weyland

Well-Known Member
In which case we'd all be officers.

My suggestion would be to have the Admins as the main officers (top ranks) and everyone else would be collectively ranked based on a combination of join date, post count, useful input, rep, and armor quality.

Halo 3 skills aren't really a good way to judge people.
 

Spartan043

Jr Member
Primal Weyland said:
In which case we'd all be officers.

My suggestion would be to have the Admins as the main officers (top ranks) and everyone else would be collectively ranked based on a combination of join date, post count, useful input, rep, and armor quality.

Halo 3 skills aren't really a good way to judge people.
but as for me i havnt built my armor yet. :mad: .cuz i aint rich or get allowance for that matter. :cry: ..but my point is to take out the armor quality grade and make it a bonus thing if you want to..then otherwise everyones going to stress out if their armor looks awesome or not...
 
Last edited by a moderator:

JediFraz

Active Member
The 501st use spotters all the time.

Costumed Characters need spotters to make sure that nothing dangerous or questionable happens to them or anybody in the vicinity.
Face it, Some people are just d*cks. In our aliens costuming we have marines to protect the alien from getting it's tail pulled (It's quite fragile)or getting too jostled.

It also gives someone who can speak. If the costumed guy can't or isn't allowed to speak.
 

pockets

Jr Member
if you dont have armor and dont intend to finish armor, why are any of you even here? the point of this site is so we can all learn and make armor and costumes.
 

Ruze789

Well-Known Member
There's only going to be a few rules for the 405th, and having quality armor is one of them.

Adam said:
Fees?: Yes - Not final - $50 start fee probably
Age limit: Yes, 16 or 18 - hasn't been finalized
Requirements: Top Quality Armor, or Halo costume
Member Numbers: Not decided.
And to the Original Poster: Can you please add an S in the title of the thread? 'recruit cotume' is driving me mad! Thanks.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

GruntOfAction

Well-Known Member
thefreeman said:
if you dont have armor and dont intend to finish armor, why are any of you even here? the point of this site is so we can all learn and make armor and costumes.
So since im not any good with making armor, and none of my local stores around me sell materials for armor making, my time is wasted here? Fine then, i'd like my 3 months of wasted time back please.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MysticLegend

Jr Member
thefreeman said:
if you dont have armor and dont intend to finish armor, why are any of you even here? the point of this site is so we can all learn and make armor and costumes.
GruntOfAction said:
So since im not any good with making armor, and none of my local stores around me sell materials for armor making, my time is wasted here? Fine then, i'd like my 3 months of wasted time back please.
I gotta agree with thefreeman here..... this is a costuming site. If you're not interested in making a costume, it's kinda weird to still be here.

As for a refund for wasted time.....
Not trying to make fun of you, but.... if you went out and played in the rain for hours, complained about getting wet, and demanded to be compensated, wouldn't that be kinda dumb? In other words...you're here voluntarily, and can leave anytime. No one's forced you to be here, so....every minute on the site is assumed to be "enjoyed", and thus....not eligible for "refund" :whistle:


AAaaaannnnyway.... just curious everyone. I've got an idea/suggestion.
What is everyone's intentions with recruit costumes?
Who would be willing to pay money for a costume if they can't make one?
Who would make one, but just wants to know how?

I've still got 50% of a Spartan Laser and a 98% Elite costume on my plate, but one of my friends wants in on my projects as a Halo 3 Marine. I wouldn't be starting it anytime soon, but....there *will* be a Halo 3 Marine costume someday. If I made it available for multiple castings, who would be interested? I'm not even gonna try to guess prices this early on, but I'd do it at a non-profit cost (materials, shipping, labor/time). Seriously though....what's the plan for these recruit costumes?
Btw, the costume can/may be dropped any day (relies on friend's involvement), but I'll continue to consider it as long as enough of you guys still like the idea. So....voice opinions please.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Twisting Neather

Active Member
While it would be nice to have costumes available for purchase, it defeats the original purpose of this site. We make costumes, and build props. We help each other and provide input. The 405th is a fan group designed to give armorers a community to developer their crafts and distribute them to individuals. I can see possibly, designing some kind of kit of to help people get started. (But thats basically what Pepakura is) I know what it's like to try to build this from nothing when you've never made a costume before, but we can't sell/give costumes to people joining.

I would think that a T-shirt/Polo shirt with the 405th logo could be sold to members and recruits so that they can still be a pert of the group, be spotters, and look cool with the Spartan II, but to do more would be very costly and counter productive to our goals.
 

Spartan043

Jr Member
im still here because I want a suit but kids my age or younger cannot progress without money... :mad: so its easy for an adult to say these things.. why would anybody whos a halo fan would want to leave this kind of opportunity behind when they think its "a waste of time"...im doing this for the thrill and experience of having my own set of armor..who wouldnt.. :cautious: Just dont tell a kid or anybody that they are wasting their time..cuz im not and thats all that matters..
 

MysticLegend

Jr Member
Twisting_Neather said:
While it would be nice to have costumes available for purchase, it defeats the original purpose of this site. We make costumes, and build props. We help each other and provide input. The 405th is a fan group designed to give armorers a community to developer their crafts and distribute them to individuals. I can see possibly, designing some kind of kit of to help people get started. (But thats basically what Pepakura is) I know what it's like to try to build this from nothing when you've never made a costume before, but we can't sell/give costumes to people joining.

I would think that a T-shirt/Polo shirt with the 405th logo could be sold to members and recruits so that they can still be a pert of the group, be spotters, and look cool with the Spartan II, but to do more would be very costly and counter productive to our goals.
So.....buying armor vs buying a shirt is different? Either way, you're buying something, and either way, it's what people will decide to wear for whatever the reason is. You're right though, this site is for building costumes and props. Still....some people are deciding *not* to under current circumstances, so I'm just giving them an option. The end result is that they'll have costumes better than t-shirts, so it's their call. Kits sound good, and it makes it easier on me. I'd actually *prefer* kits if people also want it.

TheUnamed said:
im still here because I want a suit but kids my age or younger cannot progress without money... :mad: so its easy for an adult to say these things.. why would anybody whos a halo fan would want to leave this kind of opportunity behind when they think its "a waste of time"...im doing this for the thrill and experience of having my own set of armor..who wouldnt.. :cautious: Just dont tell a kid or anybody that they are wasting their time..cuz im not and thats all that matters..
I don't know how old you are, but I think *age* is no excuse. Some people have used free cardboard to make costumes, and I've seen one guy get creative with only paper. Money has nothing to do with it. Shoot....I'm in college, paying my way through it, a car, and all other neccessities. Do I have money? Yeah, but not enough to make my costume the "Adam way". Be creative, learn about cheaper materials, and the abilities will be there waiting for you.
Also, I only used "wasting time" to refer to what GruntOfAction was saying. Like I said, if you're here, I assume you're enjoying it. So don't get on my back about it....I'm not picking on you. I'll only say that to you if you whine about it too. ;)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top