Red means "GO"... No!!!!! Grrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

grid 187

Well i just got home awhile ago but some smuck almost crashed into me, its funny driving at night vs day cause in Seattle at night time ppl think traffic lights don't exsist, im like what the hell ppl PAY F---ing ATTENTION!! I've spend more money on tires than i do on shampoo GRRRRRR. Whats the dumbest thing you seen a driver do on the road day or night!!!!! And truthfully it wouldn't suprise me!!!

Vent here: :mad:

heh, nice topic!
in ireland the indicator has gone out of fashon. 'see that lil orange flashing light on the right side of the car? know what that means? absalootly nothing!' that car might be pulling in to the left, might be stopping, they might even hav fogotten its on and dont notice the lil flashing light on their dash. ohhh, and dont get me started on SUVs or people on roundabouts.

hey, acuialy theres one, i was told you guys in the states dont have roundabouts, is that true?

flying_squirl said:
heh, nice topic!
in ireland the indicator has gone out of fashon. 'see that lil orange flashing light on the right side of the car? know what that means? absalootly nothing!' that car might be pulling in to the left, might be stopping, they might even hav fogotten its on and dont notice the lil flashing light on their dash. ohhh, and dont get me started on SUVs or people on roundabouts.

hey, acuialy theres one, i was told you guys in the states dont have roundabouts, is that true?

I lived in ireland dublin for 2 years... i noticed no one took notice of the traffic...
People where literally walking Across the street with a red light... Once there where like 6 people on the street and a car went right over the 6 of them... :( It wasnt nice to see, i'm not sure if any of them died tough...

You can also hear the ambulance siren every night... There are so many accidents there.

What comes to Finland... people are Powersliding in the corners but they know when to use the indicator and to stop on the stop sign :)

We are a Rally population :) (we have won the most world rally championships, 14. France is second with 5)

-Fin(n)ish

Last edited by a moderator:
I've become so aware of every car around me, I can see when a car infront or behind me or next to me isnt using their turn signals, and it makes me angry. Angry like I want to honk my horn.

flying_squirl said:
Well if you mean like a traffic circle, then yes we have them, but we usually call them town squares or something like that.

UNSC Certified said:
Vent here: :mad:
Oh you opened a big can of worms for me...:takes a deep breath:

I maintain that the only law I break on the road is the speed limit, but what pisses me off about other drivers...

Not changing lanes to the right lane when not passing another vehicle! (Illegal in PA after 1 mile)
Not signaling at all proper times, AND THAT INCLUDES IN PARKING LOTS!
Tailgating ME! (If I'M driving slowly, theirs good reason, and you better have good breaks)
Not moving into the left lane to let people on the highway from an entrance ramp!
FLIPPING ME OFF FOR NO REASON CAUSE I PASSED YOU!
HIGH BEAMING ME FOR THE SAME REASON AS ABOVE! (Again, better have good breaks)
Slowing down to view an accident! (YOU PEOPLE ARE GOING TO CAUSE ANOTHER ACCIDENT!)

:mad:
:sigh:

I have so many more, but I won't get into all of them. My girlfriend says I have really bad road rage, but I call it just being angry at all the stupid morons that don't know how to drive properly. I have been followed before, and I have followed other people before, but I haven't lost an arguement with any of those people yet. Why? They were in the wrong, and they just didn't want to believe it till I pointed it out to them. Living in Central PA, one of these days I'm probably going to get shot by some hick with a shotgun in his truck that won't want to admit he's wrong.

flying_squirl said:

My neighborhood streets are all alternating one-ways so there's a roundabout at nearly every intersection. Of course, people don't know how to use them (yielding is for suckers?), but they're all over the place in my city.

---
And to follow the thread...

A bad driver crossed paths with my fiance' the other day V_V. My fiance stopped at a sign in our neighborhood where one street intersects a one way street.

| | /\
| |(up hill slope)
| |
=========(One way ->)=
===================
| |(stop)
| |

He looked left down the avenue where traffic should be coming from and started to pull forward. About halfway thru the intersection he noticed there was a car flying at 60 mph (in a 20) the *wrong* way 0_0. Having only a few seconds to avoid the retard, my fiance' threw his car into neutral and let his car roll back downhill. As he narrowly avoided the guy, this jerk and the occupants had the *nerve* to honk and scream as they passed by like it was my fiance's fault! Well my other half is not one to take s*** so he jumped out of the car and ran over to the nearest curb. He grabbed a big busted chunk of curb and, with the accuracy of a spartan spear man, he threw that rock at that dumb ass's moving car and busted out his tail light. The guy was too scared to stop and just kept going lol.

I've always been too afraid to do anything like that because so many ppl are packin' here, but it was a totally gratifying moment for him.

I went to NY for a week last November and I learned the following:

Red light is only a suggestion to stop.
Green light means both pedestrians and cars can go.
If your horn isn't working, your car isn't fit to drive.
Drivers get mad when peds cross the street when WALK is flashing.
Saw a triple parking for the first time.
Roads don't have any lines or rules other than ONE WAY.

flying_squirl said:
heh, nice topic!

to many bloody farmers and culties

i must admit that i can drive bad sometimes but that is when people royally piss me off. one time i was driving on the highway and 1 semi passed me then another one started to pass me but slowed down to the speed limit when he was next to me and there was another semi driving behind me. so basically they boxed me in and they did this for about a mile or 2. then when i got past all of them, one of them started tail gatting me. i was so pissed i just went 20 over so i could lose them.

oooo i and i hate it when cops speed even if they dont have their lights on. i thought they were supposed to set a good example!! :mad:

Hahahaha great topic- I live in NJ so I could go on about this- best one I've seen is a lady driving in reverse on a 50 MPH highway because she missed an exit. I've also seen a senile old guy driving on the wrong side of the highway too - crazy ass people on the road they give licenses to anyone these days ugh

I follow the "rules of the road" except for Speed Limits, i usually drive 10-15 over the limit but i do it with percaution and never when there are many other people on the road. Luckly for me i live on an island that has only one highway (US-1) and theres only 2 lanes goin up and down so its actually a safe drive, the oly bad thing is my community attracts drunken college idiots all year round...

and for a short story: I was driving into town on the highway and some R tard came flying down the highway behind me and i just knew he was trouble so i eased to one side kinda onto the shoulder so he would just pass me and i wouldnt have to deal with him but no, he got mad that i noticed him i guess so he pulled up next to me with his windows down and this 16 year old kid (age guess) with a beer in his hand screaming at me and i got mad (i get road rage) so i flipped him off and then, oh my god, he SWERVES at me and freaked me out so bad that i pulled onto the shoulder so fast that i almost lost control on the pebbles and drove into the ocean (highweay is located conveniently 5 f---kin feet from the ocean) and then i managed to get back onto the shoulder/road and he hits his breaks and then tries to do a P.I.T. monouver on me!!! this kid was tryin to kill me!... anyway, i survived and he got arrested, because luckly the Border Patrol, Sheriffs, Police, Military Police, and every law enforcement people patrol the highway and a sheriff saw what happend from the otherside of the highway about 1/2 a mile away. Victory is mine! and the kid had to pay to fix my car, muahahaha.

speading of bad drivers trucks are the worst I almost got killed yesterday on the way to work. The truck was parked on the right and there is 3 lanes I'm on the left green light for me so ya 45mph then all of the sudden a that truck decides to make a U-turn and I had no time to stop so only thing that popped in my mind hit the gas peddle or die lol. As i speeded past on the left lane I look to my right and there it was a giant grill outside my window. It was such a close call... I was so shaken up for at least a hour.

ODST-RAGE said:
speading of bad drivers trucks are the worst I almost got killed yesterday on the way to work. The truck was parked on the right and there is 3 lanes I'm on the left green light for me so ya 45mph then all of the sudden a that truck decides to make a U-turn and I had no time to stop so only thing that popped in my mind hit the gas peddle or die lol. As i speeded past on the left lane I look to my right and there it was a giant grill outside my window. It was such a close call... I was so shaken up for at least a hour.

i was drivin to my colledge and all of a sudden a sh-t truck popped out of no where and almost hit me, i was like WOAH. if he even nicked me i would have kicked his @55

Some retard flipped me off, passing me, going like 120 down a road in PITCH BLACK at 11 O'Clock at night! This dude is in a tiny little sports car and i'm in a SUBURBAN! that nutball was even driving past a local NAVAL AIR STATION! GAH! We were gonna call the MP's (Military Police) on them, but they were past the gate a MILE AND A HALF AWAY long before we could even finish dialing! ugh, thanks for the thread, it feels good to know there are stupider people than me on this planet.

-Chupa

UNSC Certified said:
im like what the hell ppl PAY F---ing ATTENTION!!

lmao that true. my bro and me was in the car with my mom. and It was a red light and she stop and seconds later she pass the light and my bro say hey! what u doing (like 3 times) and my mom say huh? what happen? and she was thinking of something (really harD)...

23Magnum said:
Living in Central PA, one of these days I'm probably going to get shot by some hick with a shotgun in his truck that won't want to admit he's wrong.
Thats why i don't ride with my husband half the time he is licensed to carry a concealed weapon on person as a fredral guard, its actually funny sometimes cause when he does have his firearm on him nothing ever happens but when he leaves it at home or its emty alll hell seems to break loose on the road grrrr WTF!!! good thing tho! whew! :unsure:

UNSC Certified said:
Thats why i don't ride with my husband half the time he is licensed to carry a concealed weapon on person as a fredral guard, its actually funny sometimes cause when he does have his firearm on him nothing ever happens but when he leaves it at home or its emty alll hell seems to break loose on the road grrrr WTF!!! good thing tho! whew! :unsure:

Maybe thats a sign for him to keep it with him at all times..lol..

Not sure if this is relevent but I'd call it murphy's car law..

Awhile ago we went to florida to visit my grandma for my grandpa's funeral..well on our way back up the turnpike a freaking lamborghini, of all things, cuts infront of my dad, puts his brakes on, then accelerates off into hyperspace presumeably..lol..he was just gone...about 10 minutes later on the side of the road there is a cop and the driveshaft of a car is sticking up and out..it was the lamborghini that had screwed with us before. He hit the ditch and flipped over....

GruntOfAction said:
Not sure if this is relevent but I'd call it murphy's car law..

Awhile ago we went to florida to visit my grandma for my grandpa's funeral..well on our way back up the turnpike a freaking lamborghini, of all things, cuts infront of my dad, puts his brakes on, then accelerates off into hyperspace presumeably..lol..he was just gone...about 10 minutes later on the side of the road there is a cop and the driveshaft of a car is sticking up and out..it was the lamborghini that had screwed with us before. He hit the ditch and flipped over....
Actually, that'd be Karma. ;)

Serves him right :p.

Here we have some bad drivers. Here's some instances.
  1. My mom hit some lady (not bad though) after the lady ran a stop sign.
  2. There are skid marks at every stop light, like someone decided to go 100, then slam on their brakes.
  3. A while ago someone was high, speeding (yes, over 100mph) and hit an billboard. Her car exploded and almost caught the paint factory on fire.
  4. Some guy got drunk, called a cab several times, but it never came. He started walking, and got hit by a speeding drunk driver.
  5. Our cab drivers (we only have a couple) are the worst drivers ever.
  6. Four-Way Stops seem to mean "Keep going" to lots of people.
  7. I knew several people who were killed by drunk drivers, one recently.
The bad part about this is that we aren't a huge city, so we often know the person, or family of just about anyone who dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back