Red Rings Of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARCsaber987

Jr Member
Ultimately I know I'm going to have to send my beloved xbox 360 away to meet it's makers (AND I ONLY JUST GOT LIVE, SOB) but I was just wondering, has anyone had this problem and if so, what happened. Any info is good info.

By the way I have the 3 red (not all 4), so Microsoft say that is a "General Hardware Failer" :cautious: .

(By the way I'm learning electronics and I refuse to accept General Hardware Failer as an explination, cause that just means, "we don't know"

ok i know this is suicide around all these halo/microsoft lovers but, microsoft with the 360s are idiots. when the year they were to be launched they notice there was issues with fitting everything in the case so they had to shrink the size of the heatsinks, they knew this was an issue but sent them out any who to make money. this cause mass overheating internally.this causes both the CPU and GPU to overheat. (hence the 3 red rings) needless to say i have had this issue and fixxed it myself if you any kind of DIYer id fix it myself. oh by the way, "General Hardware Failure" is either another way of saying we dont know or, we know but dont want ourselves to look like idiots.

well if the power core died and you just happened to have an extra ps3 you dont need lying around you could totally switch them out they use the same one lol

I thought I was going to have this problem one time, but i didn't, but i did look for some solution

1: Put 3-4 towels around to overheat the inside, which i guess resets it ( makes it better)
2: Watch a youtube vid, where the guys rewires or something with his 360
3: take it to Microsoft, because now the so called "idiots" found a way to fix it

You can use youtube to try to find a way to fix it

I had 3 red bars on my 360 3 times so far, and i just reset it and it still works.. from what i gathered it was from power surges. IDK if theres more meaning to 3 bars than just power surges though

Or you can just send the god damn thing in for free and get a new one. Is it really that hard?

Just go to Xbox.com and register your xbox for repairs. Follow the instructions and you're set!

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
Or you can just send the god damn thing in for free and get a new one. Is it really that hard?

Just go to Xbox.com and register your xbox for repairs. Follow the instructions and you're set!

Your right and that's what I've done, you'd just expect these things to last a bit better, all well

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back