red vs. blue halloween 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

shane

So me and my friends decided hey would it not be totally awsome to be the red vs. blue team for halloween. so after a while of disscussion i remebered this site and showed it to my friends. Of course they all loved the idea but stuck me with all the work, im ok with that because im the only one with any bit of dedication and how should i say not cheapish. so to get to the point i need to make 4-5 suits of armor by next halloween for about 50-60 dollars each after reading post and stickys im still a little hesitent so should i start with 1 part from each suit for ex. 4 helmets then 4 chest etc or do full suits at a time. also i plan on doing pep but is there a way not to make the suit look so polygonal. any input would be appriciated. Im hoping to get a suit done in about a month.

go for it...i recommend doing all the steps at one phase, such as print everything out, like 4 helmet templates, 4 body, etc at one time, then cutting everything at one time, etc. and so on, therefore you'll end up finishing it just before halloween of 2008 if u have a job like me or so, then after u could take back the other three and sell them on ebay for like 500 bucks a suit, $1500 in total if u sell them all.

anyone who has a better opinion? please correct me if mine sucks

Man, sounds like you have my problem. My friends have the attention span of a 5th grader.

Yeah, make each suit piece by piece, and start with smaller parts like shins and boots before going up. That way, your learning mistakes will be less noticable (who looks at feet as much?). As for not making em look like polygons, you'll have to spend some extra money. Go grab some Bondo...fiberglass filler, and sculpt out your desired shaped *overtop* the resin on the outside of the pieces. Then sand them down to smooth finishes, and paint like normal. Any questions, just let me know.

Good luck to you man, you've got your work cut out for you. Good thing you've planned it out early :)
What characters are you planning too? I'm curious :)

PS. MAKE SURE you print them out in the right scale. The absolute worst thing you could do is print out 4 copies of the wrong thing. I reccommend printing one suit's part first (say...a shoulder or chest) and folding it. Check it against your body, *then* print the rest of the pages for all the other suits. Also take into account size differences if your friends are not your size.

way better explained...i stink at explaining things, i'll never be a teacher...thats why my dream is to make the next halo trilogy

thanks for the quick responses also what is a4 paper in comparison to 8.5x11 i know its differnt but by how much and were planning on sarge kaboose griff donut and mabey someone else from blue team
soo i did some research, sarge griff and either doughnut or simmons and kaboose and church

idonthave...heylook said:
thanks for the quick responses also what is a4 paper in comparison to 8.5x11 i know its differnt but by how much and were planning on sarge kaboose griff donut and mabey someone else from blue team
Aw, only one blue guy? Hehe, I foresee a red victory.
Hmmm....dunno much about A4 size, but lemme ask you this: cardstock A4? You aren't trying to make it on normal-ish kinda paper....are you? It's almost a requirement to use cardstock sheet or similar (people here reccommend 110 lb cardstock), as regular paper gets limp and loses its folds.

Did some googling:
Regular: 216 x 280 mm (8.5 x 11 inches)
A4: 210 x 297 mm (8.27 x 11.69 inches)
Dunno what else you were looking for. They seem to be the same grade of paper....only a difference in size.

Last edited by a moderator:
alright thanks i tried looking it up and got confused so do people generally use 8.5x11 or a4 cause ive heard, or rather read, both

a4 paper is the fourth half cut from a specific sized paper...i forgot what, but anyways, if u cut that paper in half, vertically, u end up with two rectagular sheets, which are called a1, and if u take a1 and cut it in half horizontally, you would get two smaller rectangles which are then called a2, for its second half cut from a1, and so on and so forth, until a8 or something is the regular size for a credit or debit card.

so what do people use for pep armors? a4 or regular 8.5x11? sorry to ask so many questions but if im making it for myself and other people i want to get it right in the least amount of tries possible

You can totally do it! My roommates and I did something similar to this past Halloween.

example:
n595449180_123383_9437.jpg

so what do people use for pep armors? a4 or regular 8.5x11? sorry to ask so many questions but if im making it for myself and other people i want to get it right in the least amount of tries possible

Generally 8.5 x 11 inch....since that's what's printer-friendly for most people. Still....if A4 works for you, then all power to ya. I've got my own project I'm working on....where I know the "norm", but don't follow it :rolleyes

Questions? Heck, ask away! That's what it's all about :tutu:

thanks for all the responses i hope this works out im going to start fairly soon so i can get an idea for how well i can do this
also what can i use for a lense other than a motorcycle lense, i want to keep it fairly cheap

Cilrider said:
You can totally do it! My roommates and I did something similar to this past Halloween.

example:
n595449180_123383_9437.jpg

the thigh armors in the pic are on wrong...

thanks for all the responses i hope this works out im going to start fairly soon so i can get an idea for how well i can do this
also what can i use for a lense other than a motorcycle lense, i want to keep it fairly cheap
I have herd of some people using the plastic from a 2 liter bottle and then lightly spray painting it or adding gold window tint. Spray paint even lightly is hard to see through the tint is a better way to go.

To go on the cheap with tint go to a local car tinting place and beg for some scraps. Or ask to buy very small pieces. Good luck.

alright sounds good i didnt think of that also the blue spartan is missing a shoe... nice work though

Sean Bradley said:
Everybodys a friggin critic.

Seriously, I feel that. And Blink... you and your friends armor there looks great to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back