Regiment Meetup, Spring 2020 Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angus314

RCO
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S314
Hello! This is the official thread for the mountain regiment's meetup in Nevada! I have a similar situation where I need someone willing to step up to the plate and be my main contact for the event in Nevada. If you are interested in being that contact please leave a comment below. I'd like to get a meetup for the regiment in every state we reach but I cannot be everywhere at once unfortunately. This will be for regiment members in Nevada or the surrounding area. For now I will be putting these placeholders in until I get more information.

Who: Acting as group liaison: Chief1343
Were:Sunset park, Nevada
When: March 27th, 5pm-7pm, 2020
What to bring: Bring your helmet but not your full armor. We will set up an armor cosplay event in the near future. If you don't have armor or a helmet? No sweat! Just bring yourself. Oh and water. Please stay hydrated out there!

If you are interesting in being my main contact for planning this event, please leave a comment below and I will send you a personal message. I am excited to get this in gear!

Thanks!
-Angus314

Last edited:
Hello! This is the official thread for the mountain regiment's meetup in Nevada! I have a similar situation where I need someone willing to step up to the plate and be my main contact for the event in Nevada. If you are interested in being that contact please leave a comment below. I'd like to get a meetup for the regiment in every state we reach but I cannot be everywhere at once unfortunately. This will be for regiment members in Nevada or the surrounding area. For now I will be putting these placeholders in until I get more information.

Who:
Were: Nevada
When: March, 2020
What to bring: Bring your helmet but not your full armor. We will set up an armor cosplay event in the near future. If you don't have armor or a helmet? No sweat! Just bring yourself.

If you are interesting in being my main contact for planning this event, please leave a comment below and I will send you a personal message. I am excited to get this in gear!

Thanks!
-Angus314
Spartan-143 reporting for duty and help the best I can!

Depending on where in Nevada I'd love to come out and see some stuff in person. As the newbie that I am. I can recommend a few places in the Las Vegas area that are good for Cosplay. Millennium Fandom bar is a good smaller place. However it is a 21+ bar so that might limit to some people.

My only personal issue is that I work weekends. So doing a meet at like 2pm on Saturday means I wouldn't be able to make it. But something in the evening might be better.

Spartan-143 reporting for duty and help the best I can!

I’ll send you a message!

Depending on where in Nevada I'd love to come out and see some stuff in person. As the newbie that I am. I can recommend a few places in the Las Vegas area that are good for Cosplay. Millennium Fandom bar is a good smaller place. However it is a 21+ bar so that might limit to some people.

My only personal issue is that I work weekends. So doing a meet at like 2pm on Saturday means I wouldn't be able to make it. But something in the evening might be better.
Sounds great! Do you have any other locations that arent a bar? I want to welcome as many people as possible. In that same spirit I’m hoping to figure out a time that works for everyone. Depending on where you go can make the times work better!

Sounds great! Do you have any other locations that arent a bar? I want to welcome as many people as possible. In that same spirit I’m hoping to figure out a time that works for everyone. Depending on where you go can make the times work better!

There are places that aren't bars?!

Just kidding.

Depending on how and what all we wanted to do there are things we can do. Container park right down on Fremont street is all ages and free. There are food and social areas in it. Sunset Park is also a chill place to hang out. But lack of any real amenities like food kinda sucks. And I'm sure something else could be found.

With my living situation kinda in flux going any where outside of Vegas is kinda hard for the next month or so.

Just kidding.

Depending on how and what all we wanted to do there are things we can do. Container park right down on Fremont street is all ages and free. There are food and social areas in it. Sunset Park is also a chill place to hang out. But lack of any real amenities like food kinda sucks. And I'm sure something else could be found.

With my living situation kinda in flux going any where outside of Vegas is kinda hard for the next month or so.
Sounds good! When I get the chance I’ll check out both of those places on the map and see if they’ll work. Thanks for the input!

Just kidding.

I agree with you Kazick on the sunset park location which is pretty chill since I've been there but though I've only been once to Fremont street and may have used the wrong exit but I believe that area isn't such a great place to meet up its just the first impressions I had of the place, that I did not appreciate at all but there is a arcade in the meadow mall called the round 1 bowling and amusement where I took my spartan armor and played some arcade games and bowling I just took the helmet off so that the camera with the TV that shows you being recorded so they got a pic of face and took my gloves off and showed them my hands for precautions so they knew I was there to have fun and play bowling that manager even took a selfie with me and told me to keep up the amazing work and just geek ed out that that a spartan was visiting the arcade but I will go before hand to the place and ask for permission to be completely sure that they will allow it. I also got the footage of me playing halo fire team raven in my armor that I can share here for proof that I was there having fun and making people smile.

I agree with you Kazick on the sunset park location which is pretty chill since I've been there but though I've only been once to Fremont street and may have used the wrong exit but I believe that area isn't such a great place to meet up.

I feel like it depends on where you go. Fremont Street Experience, definitely not the best for such a thing. Container Park mane a bit better. Not as packed and has food and drink for all ages.
But we can find something better. Meeting at maybe Town Square near the airport could also be a good thing. Loads of food and drink, and a Game Works so we could nerd out a bit playing games.

Alright looks like its decided sunset park will be the meet up then now we just got to see who can make it and see what day and time would be best alongside the directions to the park ob course, hey Kazick any idea on what day the meetup should be since Ill be available on weekends the same as you since I feel like a Saturday would do but what are your thoughts?

Once you guys have details out ill set up a meet up post on facebook and see if theres anyone else on the regiment group from there that doesnt check in on the forums.

Alright looks like its decided sunset park will be the meet up then now we just got to see who can make it and see what day and time would be best alongside the directions to the park ob course, hey Kazick any idea on what day the meetup should be since Ill be available on weekends the same as you since I feel like a Saturday would do but what are your thoughts?

I work weekends, but I don't work past 6. So the evenings would work best for me. But I still don't feel like Sunset is the best. Just because food. But that's like....my opinion man.

Sweet I'm just updating the info now.

Edit: I'm going to set a tentative date for Friday the 27th of march.

That date seems reasonable. Though Saturday night might also be good.

I'm not too worried about food at the moment for this event. I highly encourage people bring water or their own food if they are hungry. Depending on how this goes I might make it more of a priority but for now I'm focusing on getting the event going and getting people there. I'm glad the date sounds good! I'm going to set the time from 5-7 so it does not go too late but you should still be able to make it!

We will be keeping an eye on developments for the covid-19 virus for the rest of the week. We dont want to cancel but we very well might have to. Please wash your hands and stay safe.
I do agree with you Angus314 we currently have 11 cases here in Nevada so if anyone planning to attend be ready for if a cancellation is necessary and wash your hands for 20 sec. and stay as healthy as possible be safe everyone.

As much as I do NOT want to say this, I am cancelling the meetup. I wish all of us could stay home, safe, and not run the risk of ANY disease exposure, much less covid-19. If you don't have to leave, don't, and wash with SOAP, not hand sanitizer, frequently.

As much as I do NOT want to say this, I am cancelling the meetup. I wish all of us could stay home, safe, and not run the risk of ANY disease exposure, much less covid-19. If you don't have to leave, don't, and wash with SOAP, not hand sanitizer, frequently.
Its for the best I really was looking forward to this meetup but the safety and health of everyone is first I thank you Sean Walt for looking out for everyone though i may not be an official mountain regiment member I still thank everyone here for being so amazing! May everyone take care and be safe out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back