Props [Release] Halo 3 Odst: Silenced Pistol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: The scale is set to 26 cm. But. Since the pieces are all seperated and blown apart, aren't the gaps included in that measurement? So wont the final assembeled product be considerably smaller than 26 cm?

The total ASSEMBLED height is 26 cm. The gaps in between the pieces don't count towards that measurement. That is also what I unfolded my copy at as well, but once I started building the grip area, I realized that it was going to be too large. I resized it to 20cm assembled height and am going to try it that way.

mks81 said:
The total ASSEMBLED height is 26 cm. The gaps in between the pieces don't count towards that measurement. That is also what I unfolded my copy at as well, but once I started building the grip area, I realized that it was going to be too large. I resized it to 20cm assembled height and am going to try it that way.

Ah, thank you. I was thinking that Pep would assume it was being assembled as it is displayed, with the parts seperated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a little bump for you Martyn. I got the supressor and barrel area assembled if you haven't already. Just wanted to show you what it looked like built.

The overall view from the front.

[attachment=11132:M6C_SOCOM_Barrel_&_Supressor.jpg]

Some of the details definitely are not for the impatient. The ridges were a little difficult.

[attachment=11133:M6C_SOCOM_Supressor_Details.jpg]

Can't wait to finish the rest of this thing!!

Wow, that looks very nice, and it isnt messy or anything. I havnt made any of it really, I just cut out all of the peices and then got lazy Lol. Flaps kept on brakeing on me as well Lol.

Thanks....:D . Some of them were a little bit of a pain for me as well. I scaled down all of the tabs for some of the smaller areas but apparently it changed them all....
dry.gif
. Oh well, flashlight/laser is next. Hopefully it turns out as clean. I'll will keep updating with more pics. Hopefully I can get that next area done this weekend.

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
Sweet GOOGA MOOGA!

Ok, now, somebody make this into a sliced file NOW (I would, but my computer can barely handle Flying_Squirls Mk.VI Chest piece)!

Oh god, my computer just cra... :eek

Workin on it, unfortunatly im swimming in a sea of open edges at the moment...(open edges not shown here)

gallery_6889_644_12999.png

Dude When are you going to release this!!

I'm totally going to build this!!

Can you give us a release date please??

-Pony

WMHunterTLS said:
Maybe I could slice it up in max to make things easier?

ummmm pretty sure L3X is already doing that, look up, but it is a great idea and i hope he get's it done soon.

sorry i didn't say this before but you could try and do it as well i mean there's nothing saying you can't, so go for it!

paradoxdj said:
ummmm pretty sure L3X is already doing that, look up, but it is a great idea and i hope he get's it done soon.

sorry i didn't say this before but you could try and do it as well i mean there's nothing saying you can't, so go for it!

He is cutting it up in Pep isnt he? Which doesnt like geometry designed for games.. so it hates open edges right?

So I figured seems I know more in max than in Pep, I could slice it in that seems as I doesn't mind open edges and errors.

actually im slicing it in sketchup, unfortunatly no luck with the open edges yet, though i do have an idea, i should know if it works by wednesday or so

paradoxdj said:
hey L3X any updates yet? i'm super exited for this model.

HD Sliced M6C Socom There you go ladies and gents, less than a month and a half left... you better get started! I only sliced half of it, just make 2 of every piece and reverse the order for the other half(saves on paper when printing).

gallery_6889_644_22032.jpg

Also, hunter, could you send me the link or post it on here to your silenced smg? For some reason i cant load the topic page on here and i cant download it, thanks.

sweet man! it looks awesome, but the scale is kinda huge. give me a couple minutes and i'll post the correct scale for you all to use.

*EDIT* #2

ok after my first try, and many failed attempts due to me being an idiot, i just did a quick comparison of the sliced model versus a picture of the game model and i figured out why i'v had trouble. the sliced model is a little longer the the game model. monday night or tuesday i'll play with the sliced model and see what i can do to get it closer to the game model, thus easier to scale/more accurate prop.

oh and the original model is absolutely amazing! sorry for jacking your thread btw.

Hey all,

Im in the middle of doing this aswell although with a twist im going to make a cast and the ad an airsoft GBB M92F inside it.

Only thing is this correctly scaled? It seems like it could be a little small.

To let me know how big is the pistol meant to be in the hand? is the little finger meant to hang outside of the trigger guard?

Thanks

JOsh

WMHunterTLS said:
Triangles: 2532

finalodstpistol_4.jpg

finalodstpistol_5.jpg

finalodstpistol_wireframe_3.jpg

finalodstpistol_wireframe_4.jpg

Anyone want me to release this updated version? Or has someone more or less unwrapped it in pep?

excellent 3d image ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back