Props [Release] Halo 3 Odst: Silenced Pistol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harris007 said:
Haha. Well thx for the link. Now i know Ive been looking at the wrong places for updates.

Where have you been looking for updates?

===========================================

Also, I am going to have a go at unfolding this. Will probably turn out crap. But I did an okay job at unwrapping it for game use. So maybe I can unfold it good for real life use Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just out of curiosity, why are people not modding Halo 2 Vista? It's a simple task and I can't think of any reason why you wouldn't. It's slightly more visually appealing IMO. Plus there are already tags for silenced smgs and whatnot. I've heavily modded my own campaign with things like tag switches/meta edits/biped swaps and the like. Some of us have even made co-op campaigns (in essence, you just flag the maps as multi), so there are lots of possibilities and it's a simple engine.

Just a thought.

I would love to. But.

1. I dont have DirectX10 (Or even a graphics card, I have intergrated graphics) :(

2. I dont have vista

3. The HEK (Halo Editing Kit) is locked up. As far as I know you can only map levels and not weapons or vehicles.

4. It sucks tbh Lol.

hey is this looking at the moment? It is just part of the front. I am trying to use my comment sence on how I would glue it together Lol. I don't know if the size is right though. Couldnt get a decent height. First EVER unfold Lol.

Halo3ODSTSilencedMagnum_405th_022.jpg

Edit: Finished front part (Silencer). Printing onto some card now and I will atempt to make it. If I can find some super glue Lol. And something hard to cut onto...

Edit2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FOJ3VLVT

I have only worked on the first two pages, looking okay?

Doesn't look bad so far. Looking like where I did most of breaks in the model, at least for the front anyway.

Cool. It isnt that different from UVW Unwrapping. Pretty easy.

I just cut out the front silencer part. Need some glue now :) Then I can see how it turns out. Small flaps are hard to fold Lol.

Btw. With this version of the model you will be able to Move the slide backwards. Pull the magazine out. And move the safty switch. You could also remove the silencer but the end is just a block Lol. I made most parts seperate objects.

That is what I noticed. I spoke with Lee about one of his pistols, but I would like to maybe try to learn how to mold with this. Especially since there are multiple, somewhat small pieces. Throw some pics up when you get the front done, I am excited to see it built!!!! Btw, what height did you put in when you unfolded it?

Halo 3 ODST Magnum *edit* I decided to go ahead and finish things up tonight. Now keep in mind, this is just how I would want to put this thing together. So here you go. If somebody doesn't like the unfold, tough................. :p .........kidding. Hope everyone likes it.

Thanks again Martyn for the great model!!!!!
wink.gif

Is there a way to highlight an edge or face in the 2D view then have that show up on the model in 3D view?

Edit: That looks like a nice unfold. Thanks. :)

WMHunterTLS said:
Is there a way to highlight an edge or face in the 2D view then have that show up on the model in 3D view?

Edit: That looks like a nice unfold. Thanks. :)

I don't think you can highlight an edge, only faces...

Right click in the 2d space, and select Check Corresponding Face. That will highlight a face in both the 2d and 3d windows.

And very nice model. I love seeing your work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers :) ^

And I have finished unfolding it. a lot of flaps are tiny and will be hard to fold without ripping off Lol. This is my first ever unfold, so I hope it is good lol.

Halo 3 ODST Silenced Magnum

finalodstpistol_6.jpg

Unfold (Can't really see the numbers):

Halo3ODSTSilencedMagnum_405th.jpg

Download Here

Sorry about large images. Must be a pain for users with a slow connection...

Holy jesus poop!

The unfold looks pretty good from me just eyeballing it.

Question: In the top right section, there are a lot of little strips. Could those be combined with other pieces to make them a bit larger?

Also, once-over the unfold again to make sure there aren't any flaps extending into each other or a piece of the model, because then when you cut, it makes small flaps even smaller :)

Looking great so far!

I know what part you're talking about. I actually had done the same thing on my unfold. It is right along the grooves along the top of the action that allow to it slide under the barrel body. That is line that you actually have to seperate it at to get it to fit on one printed page.

It looks good, but personally I think that you should make a low-def model as well, so that people can have the option of adding the details without pep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back