Remodeling 343 assets in the "Classic Halo" art style

What do you feel the focus should be here?

• Missing helmets (make a H5 version of EOD in the classic halo style)

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Reappearing helmets (redoing helmets 343 has dropped the ball on)

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Firearms (redoing things like the ARC-920 railgun in the classic halo style)

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Keep focusing on the Bungie games rather than branching out

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CollinMcCaf

Something I'm planning on doing this upcoming year is remodeling the Halo 4 Recon helmet using the "Classic Halo" art style. I've spent the last year or so trying to break down what makes Halo, Halo.
This picture is a bit off from where I'd like the model to be (The breathers protrude too far and the chin should curve back) but thats beyond the limits of my photoshop skills.

H4Recon.jpg

There will of course be other things to be changed along the modeling path but I feel this is a good place to start. My question for you guys is, is anyone interested in stuff like this as well? This helmet in particular or perhaps there are other pieces you'd like to see done?

If you have not already seen the models I've been working on: EOD Helmet (H3) (most recent)

I would totally be interested in seeing alternate takes on existing designs, especially any harking back to the Bungie era of games. Reach is my favorite when it comes to armor design aesthetic (things seem more practical and realistic to me) but recently I've started to fancy more some of the H3 helmets. Some of the H4 and most of the H5 armor sets just seem too outlandish and overly busy. In addition to in-game photos and available game asset models you might want to seek out the original concept art of any pieces you try to make, it might help to consider the basis of the design and then interpret it in another style. Good luck, your H3 EOD looks great and very clean!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back