Republic Commando Novels And The Current-Day Sw Unvierse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purrie

About 3, 3 1/2 years ago I picked up the first two Republic Commando novels and instantly fell in love with the series. The game was definitely one of my favorite of all time, and I would pick up each new addition to the series upon their release. After Karen Traviss released Imperial Commando which continued the series and set up for one last novel I was eagerly anticipating the finishing story only to learn today that in order to fuel the animated series Lucas has changed the ways of Mandalore which completely destroys the plot of Traviss's books. I couldn't believe this and am appalled that such an act would be taken to let a new series have a little bit of room for a side-story to take place. It completely angers me that they would cast aside the legions of fans who have followed the story of the commandos and grown so attached to the characters in order to give to the NEW animated series which I personally can NOT stand. I also heard that Lucasarts is planning a live-action sit-com in the near future that would contain side stories caused by the events of the movies and it just seems to me that they're money hungry and they really don't care about the fans that go above and beyond what's in their films or tv shows in dedication to the series. It just saddens me to see this amazing universe I grew up do such a thing. Does anyone else feel the same? Is there ANYthing that can be done in your opinions?

I read RC: Hard Contact, and RC: Triple Zero, and have True Colors sitting on my bookshelf. I did play the game on the computer and I enjoyed it. The problem now is that they are trying to almost overuse the Star Wars universe, whereas they should attempt to create a new universe. I relate this to how Bungie is stopping the Halo series in order to not do this, and IMO it is a good idea.

believe me, there are CW haters like me... A friend of mine on a forum, she's making a set of trashcan Mando armor. When she heard this, she went BALLISTIC! (so did I...) It's stupid. Mando pacifists? Yeah, right. That's like turning the Spartan II program into an organization of super-diplomats. Doesn't fit. That is a lame show, even the recent ones with Boba. It's liveable, but seriously, Boba was far more ruthless than portrayed. to be done? Let Lucas know how freaking unhappy we are. How? I dunno, But I have vowed to join the mando mercs when I'm in my 20's, and I eventually want to pep and mold a complete set of RC armor to be accepted into the 501st. And A TRUE mando, not a wimpy mando.

VODE AN!!!!!

oh, and it seems it's trying to bring in more fans. Mando are the Star trek equivelent of Klingons. As Worf said in "I Borg", "Kill it now, Captain!" MAndos are bad-@$$. And I'll bet you'll never see vong, cause the things are so freaky, and love to torture the $%^& out of people. Now THAT'S hard-core star Wars. *sorry, this is turning into my rant thread. * ENOUGH OF CLONE WARS! *runs away from Belakor's banhammer...*

@ Bigalt424 Right, which is exactly what Traviss was doing by creating this story of characters who weren't really part of anything big in the star wars universe (Except Delta Squad of course) and went out of her way to create something that could stand apart from the Star Wars universe almost as a different series and yet Lucas decided it could step all over her series in order to do what they want even though they could EASILY have let her do her own thing.

@ Boba Fett Agreed completely! I currently am a member of the Mando Mercs club and bought Skip's RC files to do the same thing. They're setting up a universe for new fans to like and changing so much for fans who have stuck with them through it all! And in the topic of True Mandos:

Kote!

Kandosii sa ka'rta, Vode an.

Coruscanta a'den mhi, Vode an.

Bal kote, darasuum kote,

Jorso'ran kando a tome.

Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

Kandosii sa ka'rta, Vode an.

Coruscanta a'den mhi, Vode an.

Bal...

Motir ca'tra nau tracinya.

Gra'tua cuun hett su dralshy'a.

Aruetyc runi solus cet o'r.

Motir ca'tra nau tracinya.

Gra'tua cuun hett su dralshy'a.

Aruetyc runi trattok'o.

Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an! :D

YES!!!! This Year I am finished with learning Latin, so I want to learn Mando'a over the summer! :D my parents will think me a nut, but hey, what else is new? ;) And yeah, they HAD to screw with the best part of Star Wars! I have never been a big jedi-fan, they're like something straight outta the 60's. (of course, there are exceptions... Galen Marek? Kyle Katarn? Helllooooo awesomeness...) My only troble with the Mercs is there's like 4 members in all of Wisconsin... and they're all up north. I need to start a mercs club when I'm 18... 2 more years, baby!

Haha nice man, if i had the time I'd learn more than the few phrases I've memorized! I say we start an online petition and pass it through Star Wars forums to not make the change, hopefully that would open their eyes to what a big change it is they're trying to make!

i know how you feel i loved those book the were the best thing ever and i hate that there wont be ne more you thinkg george woul have been like no u cant do that to mandalor cuz of these awesome books under my name and i hear about that live action thing and its gonna epic fail and will ruin star wars

Any one know were to get some files other than skip(Dude you're awesome but I don't get any sort of allowence at all..........)(Found a few other people who have made arm files).....Republic commando ones to be exact

VODE! AN!

Tyvern said:
Any one know were to get some files other than skip(Dude you're awesome but I don't get any sort of allowence at all..........)(Found a few other people who have made arm files).....Republic commando ones to be exact

VODE! AN!

Go to A1TD's thread. He has the chest, cod, and arms. Dungbeetle and other modded a game rip, but it's not accurate. the ears are too far back, and the dome is really flat. But, it still looks like an RC... Just won;t get you into the 501st. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear ya haji! I'll sign up the online petition soon, I'm in the middle of moving- which also puts my Comic-Con armor on hold... But I really think if we can pass the petition around to a bunch of forums we can get them to at least reconsider making such a change to the classic universe we all know and love...

i havent watched the movie (tried to convince my brother he'd be a traitor if went to see it- failed) and i've only caught brief moments on tv while my brother was watching it

It really softened up and you can tell by how elementry anakin's partner's personality is

overall, i didnt give a flying crap about it, but now they are altering background history ?!?!?!

send me the link to the petition

I did enjoy the first animated series with samurai jack style animation

Boba Fett said:
Go to A1TD's thread. He has the chest, cod, and arms. Dungbeetle and other modded a game rip, but it's not accurate. the ears are too far back, and the dome is really flat. But, it still looks like an RC... Just won;t get you into the 501st. ;)

Thanks.

**** the animated series!

I'll sign the petition! Mercs and TDH will probably give you the most sympathy... Wizards of the Coast (Star Wars Minis) might also have some really ticked people. When the petition is ready, inform me! ENOUGH of this stupid show! I saw the movie, really hoping it would have improved over the very firs, paper-cartoon style. Then Ashoka showed up... it went downhill from there.

Boba Fett said:
I'll sign the petition! Mercs and TDH will probably give you the most sympathy... Wizards of the Coast (Star Wars Minis) might also have some really ticked people. When the petition is ready, inform me! ENOUGH of this stupid show! I saw the movie, really hoping it would have improved over the very firs, paper-cartoon style. Then Ashoka showed up... it went downhill from there.

VETO the animation abomination!

Taken from the Wiki...

New Mandalorians was the name given to a reformist political organization led by pacifist Duchess Satine during the Clone Wars.

edit HistoryThe New Mandalorians were formed about 730 years before the Battle of Yavin, following a war between the Galactic Republic and the Mandalorians, that devastated Mandalore. The New Mandalorians did away with the old warrior codes that the Mandalorians had followed, instead claiming that the only way the Mandalorians could survive was through being peaceful, neutral and tolerant. Under the influence of the New Mandalorians, the traditional Mandalorian armor became a rare sight on Kalevala (apparently Mando'yaims new name,) with only a few people choosing the old ways.

In 60 BBY, Jaster Mereel formed the True Mandalorians, a Mandalorian organization that soon became embroiled in a war against another Mandalorian faction, the Death Watch. The New Mandalorians rejected both groups, but after the True Mandalorians were eliminated during the Battle of Galidraan in 44 BBY, the Death Watch attempted to kill Duchess Satine, the leader of the New Mandalorians. However, Satine was able to survive the attacks.

During the Clone Wars, Satine advocated that the Mandalorians remain neutral. However, the New Mandalorians eventually gave their support to the former Clone trooper Alpha-Ø2.

So these are the changes that are made to it. Essentially what they're saying is that they want to change stuff ONLY for the series and they don't care that they stepped all over the RC series and its fans. Even so that's a pretty ridiculous change in my opinion... Why is this even necessary to the plot of any Star Wars story?

Boba Fett said:
yeah, they HAD to pick on the mandos... maybe something with Boba?

In that case... crap...

But isn't his story already kind of set in stone? It was actually canon that he killed Fenn Shysa and became the new leader, buuuuuuuuuut according to this, not only did that never happen, Shysa never existed...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back