"Requesting Assistance" MY FIRST PROJECT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace113

Hello, I am asking for the guidance of any expert or experienced armor forger, simply because I won't have the time to look through the forums. Only the time to check my (this) post when I come on. Now I have looked around already and I have studied much about this hobby/passion for armor making. Having done that, I feel I know enough to actually start with something simple in concept. As or if you (hopefully) continue to read this post I will keep it simple to understand and update the progress of my project. ;)

Now to get you up to speed on why you should/could help me, I will tell you a little about me:
* I have grown up with the Halo Universe since I was 6, and always will be a commited fan.
(I bought the Bungie Cinch from their store knowing I could get cheaper and probably better quality ones at some store like Tilly's.)

* I have wanted to make my own armor for Halloween (who wouldn't?) since I found out it is possible and the armor will look badass (hopefully).

* Who I am now, I have confidence and belief that can I do this, so I am putting responsibility and thought into doing this because I will be independant and improvise my way to success!

What I already have skill or experience in:

* Paper miche. (or however you spell it)
* A hot glue-gun.
* Creativity.
How am I prepared:
* I am working on getting a job and should/plan to have it by September 19,2011. To fund this project of course.
* Like I said earlier, I have studied the supplies used to make armor and I have visited many websites of where to get them. (or I might get it from some store by me).
* I could go to the art teacher at my high school and ask her to borrow supplies.
* I know EXACLTY what I want to make! :p

I will be making a Red Halo Reach Grenadier (Jorge) Helmet!
(no attachments, but I do have small lights I will use for it.)
* I intend to compltetely finish this 4 days before Halloween.
* And the rest of the suit can be done the rest of the year.

I will update this post once I make a list of supplies and when I get my job. For those who read this post, Thank you greatly and I hope I get advise and peer+help when I update you all on my progress as soon as I start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back