Soft Parts Researching Foam Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I'm almost finished with my first costume, and was wondering about how to do foam builds. I can't find any good places to look, so could someone point me in the right direction?

On another note, I just saw a thread about using EVA foam for padding a suit. The response was that EVA foam was good for suit buffering, but not for padding. What's the difference?

So, I'm almost finished with my first costume, and was wondering about how to do foam builds. I can't find any good places to look, so could someone point me in the right direction?

On another note, I just saw a thread about using EVA foam for padding a suit. The response was that EVA foam was good for suit buffering, but not for padding. What's the difference?

If you want to know more about building a suit with foam, I'd look around the forum at other foam builds, or look up drack, he's got some nice tutorials on using foam. EVA foam is not recommended for padding because it is more firm and used for sturdiness, basic foam like for matress covers or furniture innards would be better for that.

Anyways good luck on your build! :cool

EDIT: I forgot, TheHeroTutorials has some good foam videos on youtube as well, most detailed imo. ;)

Check the first page on my Ironman thread I have included as much as I can think of for now. I do hope to get some more tutorials made but you how it is with never having time. Any spare time I get goes on my Suits at the moment.

Good luck with your build,
Tom.

The kids want to make foam armor for their halloween costumes this year, with a camo undersuit. We plan on doing a simple undersuit of clothing rather than a formal black armor underneath. For foam, does anyone know about how much should be budgeted for two builds worth, figure two kids around 54" height or so?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back