resin smell

Status
Not open for further replies.

willtx

When will the smell of the resin usually go away, is their ways to aid it ? Yesterday I resined the inside and added the fiberglass cloth, Just wondering, I don't want to pass out on at Halloween lol. Thanks.

will said:
When will this usually go away, Yesterday I resined the inside and added the fiberglass cloth, Just wondering, I don't want to pass out on at Halloween lol. Thanks.
Put it in front of a fan or put it outside for a day or two, that should help some, if not a lot ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
itll either go away or youll get used to it im not sure for mine if its gone

The less toxic smell of paint will make it go away. And if not, you could always hotglue a air refreshner into the helmet.

Agreed. You can also put some baby powder on it to help with the smell.

' Perfect for that baby soft spartan.'

The smell will go away. The Fiberglass will harden, and it will be workable, but it takes a little while for the resin to fully cure, and once it does, the smell you are refering to will go away. If you place your pieces in a well ventilated, bright (sunny) area, it will aid in the curing process.

I know this works. I cut out the panel lines all the way around a 78 vette and laid in new fiber glass (thats alot of glass work). I also ground down the hood in several spots where it had stress cracks and laid new fiberglass. After a week or so, with the garage open during the evening the smell began to subside, and after 3 weeks there was no smell... however, when you start sanding, the smell may come back a bit, but a good respirator will keep that nasty fiberglass dust out of your lungs.

Have you ever walked up to a corvette and said, man that thing stinks like resin, I think I am getting "woozy". When it fully cures, it wont "smell".

Yeah, the smell goes away pretty quickly in the fiberglass and resin helmets that I've made.

Nothing to worry about.

Sean Bradley said:
Yeah, the smell goes away pretty quickly in the fiberglass and resin helmets that I've made.

Nothing to worry about.
cant wait for mine!!

*backflips*

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back