Respirator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if your working outside you dont need one, if your working inside even if a garage, then please wear one, I dont use one, I use a fiberglass mask and my shirt over that, works all the time, but I dont know what type of area you are working in, so I cant say.

AoBfrost said:
Well if your working outside you dont need one, if your working inside even if a garage, then please wear one, I dont use one, I use a fiberglass mask and my shirt over that, works all the time, but I dont know what type of area you are working in, so I cant say.
Well, I'll be working outside, but I read that I'll need one even then, lol

Last edited by a moderator:
That respirator will block the toxic resin and paint vapors, but I don't see that its recommended for fiberglass dust. There are masks available for dust, fiberglass, and sawdust, but those don't work for fumes. Look further into that respirator to see if it blocks fiberglass dust.

Master Chef said:
That respirator will block the toxic resin and paint vapors, but I don't see that its recommended for fiberglass dust. There are masks available for dust, fiberglass, and sawdust, but those don't work for fumes. Look further into that respirator to see if it blocks fiberglass dust.

But I will still need one even though I'm working outside, right?

Seno 'Ypsamee said:
Well, I'll be working outside, but I read that I'll need one even then, lol
Ok, I'll tell you this... It's always better to use a respirator... But it would be sufficient to use a mask that says it's used for fiberglass and other things like that...

You will still need one for the sanding/fiberglassing, but working outside will help with the toxic paint/resin vapor. Just play it safe and walk away and take frequent breaks every now and then.

Master Chef said:
You will still need one for the sanding/fiberglassing, but working outside will help with the toxic paint/resin vapor. Just play it safe and walk away and take frequent breaks every now and then.
Thanks ;)

They have some professional respirators that are intended for people who handle asbestos and the like (aka dangerous particles). Mine looks like this.

I'd always recommend working near resin with a mask. I personally don't feel comfortable with the holding your breath and moving in and out. I've read from manufacturers that the fumes and vapors can get into the mucous of your nose just by proximity and be inhaled later. Gross and unsafe lol.

You can probably find cheaper models of the mask I chose but that's just an example.

Enjoy ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back