Respirator

Status
Not open for further replies.
CemreTas said:
Exactly. Those masks are made to keep out virtually everythin' under the sun, and you say there not efficent enough? Bull, what possibly else would work better? Those cartdrige masks are way exspensive and only block oxygen and fumes, so you need lots of canisters for lots of use. Doctors masks, not those dusk masks you guys talk about, work for everythin'.
you call 20-25 bucks expensive? damn man

id say it basically pays FOR itself

unless your lookin at one of those full faced masks that run 130+

and i think mine was even cheaper IN the store

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores...ocStoreNum=8125
o yea quick note to those surgical masks " " are only recomended for fiberglass insulation

Last edited by a moderator:
Not my problem if you dont have character.
As Maddox once said
"Anyone can complain about how everyone else sucks"

CemreTas said:
Any type of respirators work for this. I use a paper one with those little metal nose strips. Its just that some work more than others.
Like yours would be fine, but unless you have a proffesional one that has two canisters of compressed oxygen it slowly "feeds" you over 5 hours, all respirators will be somewhat the same in effectiveness.
So yeah it would work. But just get a simple doctors mask and do it outside, not in garage, and never indoors, and you will be fine.

pacbury said:
i don't use a respirator at all and im not dead. allot of people are paranoid that if they suck up a tiny amount of resin fumes they will die...

Crossfire said:
if you work outside cant you use the medical style masks like CemreTas said

Durlaburban said:
He aid DOCTORS mask. a true doctors mask is way better than any catridge mask. a true hospital grade DOCOTRS mask as usually a 3 micron rating. this is made to stop everything exept oxygen. everything including allergins bacteria and yes fumes.

CemreTas said:
Medical problems build character.

Not trying to be a mod or anything...but there should be some kind of punishment for saying crap like this.

Wear a filtered respirator whenever you are using these chemicals, whether you are indoors or outdoors. The fumes and vapours from these chemicals can cause some very serious health problems when exposed to them for a while. They might not be noticeable immediately, but you'll know it a few years down the road. The effects of breathing in the fumes and vapours of these chemicals are not reversible. So BE CAREFUL AND USE A GOD DANG RESPIRATOR WHEN USING THESE CHEMICALS.

I hope this gets through someone's head.

Hopefully I or someone else can find some information on the internet that I can be posted here regarding the minimum ratings for a respirator.

/rant

Spartan 169 said:
Not trying to be a mod or anything...but there should be some kind of punishment for saying crap like this.

Wear a filtered respirator whenever you are using these chemicals, whether you are indoors or outdoors. The fumes and vapours from these chemicals can cause some very serious health problems when exposed to them for a while. They might not be noticeable immediately, but you'll know it a few years down the road. The effects of breathing in the fumes and vapours of these chemicals are not reversible. So BE CAREFUL AND USE A GOD DANG RESPIRATOR WHEN USING THESE CHEMICALS.

I hope this gets through someone's head.

Hopefully I or someone else can find some information on the internet that I can be posted here regarding the minimum ratings for a respirator.

/rant
i think it does say on the side of teh containers to wear a resporator

Sorry, sorry! God.
Yeah, wear a cartdrige filter one. Simple airtight seal around your skin, costs you two dozen bucks

redragon74 said:
out-out-demons-of-stupidity.gif
(y)

I think people need to stop telling people that they can resin without masks. You might as well just tell everyone that they should smoke.
STOP IT! Stop trying to kill the members of this forum!

lol I agree.

I hope it doesn't come to a "Save our Noobies" Telethon. I can hear it now..."For just dollars a day, you can buy a child the respirator he desperately needs..." XD

Hehe, be safe out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back