Restarting my Freelancer Medic

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a long road but I'm almost there. It's been nearly 3 years since I started this project and 2 since I decided I didn't like the path it was taking and restarted it. I've had a baby, moved, been to the field a fair few times with the army, and being the best dad I could be to 2 little hellions so I've slacked pretty hard on progress. I also had to remake a lot of pieces early on because I'd start to rush through so I decided slow and steady wins the race.

But I've finally got everything attached to the undersuit and painted. All that's left is to add a final layer of weathering this weekend by having my wife splash me with some old fake blood. My miserable medic's not very good at his job, but considering he's from the RvBverse I think it's perfectly understandable.

20170420_221904.jpg 20170420_221907.jpg 20170420_221919.jpg 20170420_221928.jpg 20170420_221939.jpg 20170420_221939_20170420223420512.jpg 20170420_221946.jpg 20170420_222002.jpg 20170420_222005.jpg 20170420_222017.jpg

looks good, but....your thighs are on backwards...and on the wrong legs...:p

But remember...he's from RvBverse, so it's...yeah...acceptable. :D

But really, it looks great! I'm awaiting the finished product (inclusive of weathering)!!

(and properly worn thigh armor :p)

looks good, but....your thighs are on backwards...and on the wrong legs...:p

But remember...he's from RvBverse, so it's...yeah...acceptable. :D

But really, it looks great! I'm awaiting the finished product (inclusive of weathering)!!

(and properly worn thigh armor :p)
hahaha omg. you know I thought something felt off when I was suiting up. I kept thinking : "man, it's usually easier to sit down with these on."
thanks for the heads up!

So I added some blood splatter to the front of my suit. He's a medic in the RvBverse so he's not particularly good at his job. Eh, they'll be alright. They can just rub some aloe vera on it.

I made sure I put my thighs on the right way this time. haha.

It's been a long journey. Can't wait to wear this to con.

I've got myself a 3D printer this year for my tax return "treat yo self" money, so the next go around is bound to be better!

april_2017-1.jpg april_2017-2.jpg april_2017-4.jpg april_2017-6.jpg april_2017-8.jpg april_2017-9.jpg april_2017-11.jpg april_2017-12.jpg

Dude, that looks great!!!

one suggestion, though...you should add some really BIG blood splatters rather than just tiny ones. Like a few really long, thin splats with a circular piece that's like the size of an orange.

and maybe some blood that got rubbed on by say a dying marine or something while you were trying to fix him up. Maybe on the thighs where blood would end up.

just ideas, I think it would make it 'pop' out a little more. Nevertheless, nice suit!!

Last edited:
Dude, that looks great!!!

one suggestion, though...you should add some really BIG blood splatters rather than just tiny ones. Like a few really long, thin splats with a circular piece that's like the size of an orange.

and maybe some blood that got rubbed on by say a dying marine or something while he was trying to...fix him up. :D Maybe on the thighs where blood would end up.

just ideas, I think it would make it 'pop' out a little more. Nevertheless, nice suit!!

good idea. I have a hard time reeling it back in and not going over the top so I was trying to keep it reserved but that's a good tip. I'll probably hit that up sometime this week, thanks!

yeah, I sometimes overdo mud and stuff, but in this case, it would be realistic.
I was thinking something like Finn's stormtrooper helmet in TFA. Like that amount of blood, but in both blood rubbed and blood splatters.

nothing too crazy, just one or 2 splotches.

I saw this on reddit yesterday! Reminded me to come back and check up on this. Nice job man!

Hey you might feel like a perfectionist, but by the time you end up with a final product you like it'll have been extensively troubleshot. There are some things you just can't see coming until they go horribly wrong. Anyways, better on a workbench than at a con :)

Been a long time, but I finally got to test the old gal out. Got through most of the day without any major suit malfunctions! What little did mess up is just a nice lesson for my next project.

I added a bunch of undersuit details in between my last post. I also changed the suit from a zentai to a two piece suit that's easier to get on/off.

IMG_20180225_105345.jpg

28471235_1015378621933447_6835954403422714026_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back