Revolutionary New Way To Finish Pep Pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i just did this with my half-a-bussa helmet.lol..ill post a thread when im done, anyway, it worked out great this thing is like a rock.

8528_101678719851751_100000288694781_44942_2959662_s.jpg

k ill try it again

8528_101678723185084_100000288694781_44943_5365642_s.jpg

8528_101678726518417_100000288694781_44944_6882777_s.jpg

i love this method. and no its not staying green just wanted to see it in color

Apoca1yp5e said:
Gotta love how noobs go around yelling "OMG this isnt new I did it already gosh blah blah blah complain complain"

Get over it, this person posted it for OTHER PEOPLE to get ideas and use. Go complain somewhere else, and let us who want to actually learn stuff and get work done...DO IT.

Its noobs like that that make others not want to come to these forums cause of those people being assholes.

Its a tutorial that someone actually had the balls to post so other people can learn.

Where is your alls tutorial on this process? Exactly, you didnt make one, so stop trying to ruin this thread by constantly posting "THIS ISNT NEW OMG NOOB!" Try actually doing something productive.

Now, because that was directed at me, I would like to say, STFU.

I have posted two tutorials, one on scaling, and one on how to make a halo weapon prop. both have helped the community very well. The scaling tutorial was out of pure heart, but now that I have been here with the Halo costuming community for nearly a year, it wasn't even worth posting. I can honestly say that the hot headed noobs who have came in here constantly asking for extremely cheep props, who have recasted and been banned again and again have ruined it for me, and I am sure many other members here. I am sick of this community of people (not EVERYONE, just most) who have turned a once awesome forum, into a horrid place. My patients is hanging by a mere thread. If this all keeps up, I WILL remove my tutorials, and quit costuming and making props for this site.

As a contributing, fairly well respected member of these forums, I really hate to have to say that, but this is just rediculious.

So way to go. People like YOU have ruined this site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Neoproks said:
Ok thanks for the help. But, where would I find support struts?

I don't think that model comes with any, so just cut strips of paper out and add them to it. Look at Flying Squirrels Mark VI helmet model and you'll know what I mean.

for after hardening the out side it too like 20 to 30 mine to finish the whole inside of the helmet.

and Extreme i know what you mean i think the site was so much better when just anyone could not join and they had to wait and read the forum for a while until it reopened, so people have never learned to communicate with others.

Doubler24 said:
Out of curiousity, how long did it take you to Rondo the entire helmet?

it took me roughly 3-4 hours but i did it in sections and i also was rondoing both shoulders at the same time, which i havent had time to post pics up yet. it goes fairly fast once your in the zone.

Please stop fighting about this everyone. Here is the truth. NO this is not a new technique. It has been around on this forum with tutorials dating back to 2007. Unfortunately when the site transitioned from mjolnirarmor.com to 405th.com a lot of the links got "lost" however there are still tutorials on this site dating back to early 2008 like this one from Sigma- LS. It does go back further in the very old MOLDAPALOOZA! thread which links to even more and older "lost" tutorials.

The Real truth here is the fact that a lot of people didn't know about rondo, it's uses, or how to make it. This has once again educated the masses (thank you for that) as many of the older threads did in earlier years. Is it in fact revolutionary NO, does that mean everyone needs to be upset NO. Again guys please read through the forum. If you have a question look, then ask, but most importantly search.

AND ABOVE ALL STOP FIGHTING ABOUT STUFF THAT IS TRIVIAL.

I like the idea. Looks good and very practical. Ive personally had problems creating detail and also strength (in some areas) when using fibre glass matt. I would have never of though of using fibreglass & bondo to create such a 'chemical bond'. I will deffinatloy be using this technique in the future with pep builds.

I also agree, theres no need for petty arguments on forums.

BenStreeper said:
Please stop fighting about this everyone. Here is the truth. NO this is not a new technique. It has been around on this forum with tutorials dating back to 2007. Unfortunately when the site transitioned from mjolnirarmor.com to 405th.com a lot of the links got "lost" however there are still tutorials on this site dating back to early 2008 like this one from Sigma- LS. It does go back further in the very old MOLDAPALOOZA! thread which links to even more and older "lost" tutorials.

The Real truth here is the fact that a lot of people didn't know about rondo, it's uses, or how to make it. This has once again educated the masses (thank you for that) as many of the older threads did in earlier years. Is it in fact revolutionary NO, does that mean everyone needs to be upset NO. Again guys please read through the forum. If you have a question look, then ask, but most importantly search.

AND ABOVE ALL STOP FIGHTING ABOUT STUFF THAT IS TRIVIAL.

Well said ben,well said.

Quick question that I don't think I saw anyone here ask.

Could I do a coat of rondo, let it cure, spray adhesive fiberglass to that coat and then apply a second coat of rondo for the same results? Would there be any issues with the separate coats not creating a strong enough bond? Thoughts and comments appreciated!

Spawnd said:

Could I do a coat of rondo, let it cure, spray adhesive fiberglass to that coat and then apply a second coat of rondo for the same results? Would there be any issues with the separate coats not creating a strong enough bond? Thoughts and comments appreciated!

You don't need to multi-coat. Follow the video and you will be fine.

If you really wanted to I guess that would work. I personally have not multi-coated as of yet, 1 was always enough.

Spawnd said:

yes multiple coats is fine. ive done this on my armor where it was to thin for my preference and added another coat to some areas or the ones where i added cloth i did a thin layer over the top to cover any stands. as for mixing in teh pray adhesive fiberglass between layers could say. ive never heard of the stuff so i no help there.

kickback said:
just for clarification, does the Bondo hardener also work for this method?

Either hardener works. You just have to use twice the hardener you would normally use.

Apoca1yp5e said:
Last I checked, I wasnt bashing people for posting tutorials, only noobs bashing others for no reason. Your the only one causing problems cause you just couldnt stop complaining about someone who posted a tutorial, with a video. He took time to even show himself doing what he posted, so to see people like you call him a noob, and bash him is pathetic. Sorry people like you ruin the forum, people like you who believe they are the almighty and the holy. Come off your high cloud, no one cares. They just want help, they want to have fun, and want to be part of the community. But asses like you who feel that because they have been here so long, and believe everyone should look up and bow down to them, grow up kid. Take your bashing elsewhere, and let the rest of us learn, and have fun :)

YOU'RE A TOTAL DIMWIT,Tandhem has the right to be bashed,he has made very very bad offenses,among them are here:

Recasting

Multiple accounts

Method fraud

+ alot of other broken rules.

This method belongs to someone else,he most likely found it was a forgotten method and decided to make it look like he was he creator.But he is not,instead he took it and didn't give proper credit to the real creator.Get your facts straight first.

PS.This member has been banned for his offenses btw.

wow people can everyone just stop fighting over this and grow up drop it and move on already

kasper said:
wow people can everyone just stop fighting over this and grow up drop it and move on already

i agree people "keep it clean" please the forums do not need this please just send Pm's to each other so everyone does not get caught in the middle of this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back