Richie Wip - Multiple Items(now With Br)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richie

Jr Member
Well, I've been on the site since seeing the episode of Indy Mogul. Always been a Halo fan, even though I play GoW2 Competitively. Um, I forget what model the first helmet it is but, I've been working on it for a couple of months now. I resined it but, never fiberglassed it and I'm paying for it now. There are some areas that are stiff but, others are kinda flimsy but, it's not bad. I used foam board, the stuff tryboards are made of, to reinforce the areas that are flimsy and it's working out pretty well. At this moment I don't have any money for bondo, paint, and a visor. So at this moment I'm using spackle to shape it. I'm going to try and make this one as detailed as possible, it's just going to take a while since I have no source of income. Also, I'm not into the whole suit of armor, so you'll basically just see a lot of helmets and weapons from me. :D

Sorry there aren't any earlier pictures, I just started taking pics after I did some shaping.
CIMG0377.jpg

CIMG0379.jpg

CIMG0381.jpg

CIMG0383.jpg

CIMG0384.jpg

This next project is a Snub Pistol from Gears of War that I started about 6 months ago. This also, has spackle to smooth it and shape it. Again, sorry no earlier pictures.
CIMG0096.jpg

CIMG0097.jpg

CIMG0101.jpg

CIMG0111-1.jpg

CIMG0388.jpg

CIMG0389.jpg

Other/Future projects. The FS MC helmet is a little small so I'm going to make a bigger version. As soon as I can afford more resin and fiberglass, I'll start on the odst helmet
CIMG0386.jpg

timonemycat said:
Thats a good idea with spackle. Does it crack really easily when it hardens?
On the parts of the helmet that are stiff, it doesn't crack at all. On the flimsy areas like around the edges, it does. You just have to be kinda careful when handling it. I've only had a few small chips but, that's it. I plan to put bondo over it later to make it super smooth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did some sanding and shaping while the weather is nice. Sorry for the blurry pics but, I wanted to get a close up of how smooth the spackle can make things.
CIMG0394.jpg

CIMG0393.jpg

The top is going to take a lot of shaping, I want ti to be as round as possible. Once the basic shape is done, I'll then start to try to do the detail on the back top of the helmet.
CIMG0395.jpg

It has been raining so I can't do any sanding but, I've started to add to some areas. I wasn't happy with how flat the jaw area was so I decided to construct it and raise it.
CIMG0410.jpg

CIMG0409.jpg

CIMG0412.jpg

I also, did the back of the helmet.
CIMG0412.jpg

CIMG0406.jpg

CIMG0411.jpg

I'll post more pics when it's all sanded, hopefully I'll get some bondo and paint pretty soon.

CIMG0412.jpg

Just a small update. The Mark6 has been sanded and the ODST has one coat of resin, I won't be touching either until I can get bondo and fiberglass.

So I started a new project.
CIMG0418.jpg

It's a bit bulky and needs some trimming in some areas but, for the stage it's in I'm happy. I plan to resin and bondo at a later time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back