RoadWarrior's Mk V build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woot woot wort,
DSC_8143.jpg

DSC_8145.jpg

Knee, boot boot.

What Constrictor said...cool stuff.

I actually printed out one of each of the ForgedReclaimer thigh and shin this afternoon. I'm hoping to get the shin cut out before I rest tonight and then get it assembled tomorrow. May I ask what heights you printed the models at? I used the default for the shin (340 mm / 3.4 inches) but I downscaled the thigh from the default to 330mm / 13 inches. I was thinking the default of 380 mm / 15 inches was just too tall. Having built the the thighs yourself it'd be awesome to get your opinion (especially before I get to work on them). Thanks in advance and keep it up!

I scaled the shin at 15" measuring from my ankle(Thank you person who's name I forget) to the Knee joint/hinge. Now the thigh was a different beast, you see, it was scaled the correct height(For me) but it was too small everywhere else. the armour plating was not thick enough neither was the inner thigh. so I took it and scaled it outward and made an unfold, in the Pic his has the R on it:
DSC_8146.jpg

th_Image2.png
th_Image3.png
(Click to enlarge)

Just my experience, but there still great files and the thigh is the only one I had a real issue with.

Also, 340mm is not 3.4 inches, it's actually 34Cm witch is closer to 14 inches:
http://www.metric-conversions.org/length/inches-to-centimeters-table.htm

Thanks for the info...I am thinking I'll have to play around with the thigh to get it too work. The shin fits great as is though (I stayed up late tonight to finish the first one huzah!). It'd be cool if ForgedReclaimer came out with a sweet forearm.

Also, 340mm is not 3.4 inches, it's actually 34Cm witch is closer to 14 inches:
http://www.metric-conversions.org/length/inches-to-centimeters-table.htm

That was just a typo...340 mm equals 13.4 inches (divide millimeters by 25.4 to convert to inches).

aarrggggg im in the middle of making my shin and realized its too small after reading where you measured your shin from!! >=( looking good RW!!

Wow, its looking really good! Thighs seem really well scaled. keep up the good word, loving the paint job on the helmet

awesome!!! thanks RW!!! Saw that link on my phone and jumped on my comp right away to download it!!! stoked to build it!! :D

Strap stuff arrived today:
DSC_8147.jpg

EDIT: I received what I ordered and exactly how many of each.
DSC_8151.jpg

DSC_8154.jpg

th_DSC_8155.jpg

EDIT Also I cut the back boot cover01 and the knee out, and I have a job now so I most likely wont make SoonerCon the 10$ an Hour makes up for that though. But I will make it to Glitchcon.

Looking real good, Looking forward to seeing more. That weapon should look great all painted up. I linked you're Cod to my build page by the way, It's coming along nicely so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back