Robo3687's House Of Armour

Status
Not open for further replies.

robo3687

Jr Member
028nx.jpg

Hey guys, I had been posting this here: http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26228 but wanted to break it out into its own thread because I'll be doing more than just the mk VI....

Currently I'm building a model to be pepped for the Mark IV Iron Man suit from Iron Man 2, I'll also be supplying a Mark VI chestpiece(extremis) to go with as its the only difference(besides the paint job) between the two models...

Once this is completed I'll get someone to unfold it....and then I'll move on to something else

The following are in my sights:

- War Machine

- Iron Man Mark I

- Iron Man Mark V (suitcase suit.....maybe)

THE FILES

Here's where you'll find the files you'll need, each one will have the different unfolds from Jason02, Lo_techStark and dubean33

NOTE: the default scale (25.411754) should be fine for a 6 foot tall person and a few inches either side...

TORSO FILES

Abdomen

abss.jpg

Lo_techStark (optimized layout for CraftRobo) - http://www.4shared.com/file/_9WIaVMR/IM_robo3687_abs_unfold_lotechs.html

Back

backqh.jpg

Jason02 - http://www.4shared.com/file/WiJPkXio/IM_robo3687_back_unfolded_by_J.html

Brace (for MARK 4 suit only!!)

bracemarkiv.jpg

Jason02 - http://www.4shared.com/file/a-bbnQ-E/IM_robo3687_brace_unfolded_by_.html

Codpiece

codpiece.jpg

Jason02 - http://www.4shared.com/file/VVnoj5Xn/IM_robo3687_codpiece_unfolded_.html

Collar Plate

collarplate.jpg

Jason02 - http://www.4shared.com/file/UftCEEfJ/IM_robo3687_collar_plate_unfol.html

ARM FILES

none yet

LEG FILES

none yet

Dude this is some excellent work! I feel like i'm already going to have my hands full with unfolding, but im willing to start unfolding if you need someone for it. This weekend will be pretty busy for me so if anything is uploaded i won't be able to get much done till monday afternoon

edit: are you planning on making the flight stabilizer flaps separate like Dancin_fools model?

IroniumStudios said:
And you made this? *bows*

yep, its what i do (3d modeling) have almost 10 years experience..

dubean33 said:
Dude this is some excellent work! I feel like i'm already going to have my hands full with unfolding, but im willing to start unfolding if you need someone for it. This weekend will be pretty busy for me so if anything is uploaded i won't be able to get much done till monday afternoon

edit: are you planning on making the flight stabilizer flaps separate like Dancin_fools model?

you were one of the guys i had in mind....might be a little while yet though before i put thing up to be unfolded....oh and in regards to the flaps at this stage i won't be doing them separately....they seem like a bit of an unnecessary part of the model when it doesn't actually fly...lol....but they are modeled in 'closed' so the lines can still be cut in and they'll be there....

WRising said:
That is some AWESOME work! I can't wait to see the extremis version!

me either, thankfully the chestpiece is the only difference between Mk IV and Mk VI, it's almost like 2 for the price of 1.....

Perceptor said:
WOW! That is some great work. If there's anything I can do don't hesitate to ask.

duly noted....

Last edited by a moderator:
I love how there are two people doing these suits! You and sharkhead are both doing fantastic work on these Mk IV/VI's. He's starting the Mk VI and then doing the IV chest piece while you're starting the IV and doing the VI chest piece. It will be interesting to see both of your techniques and slight variations on the models. This has been a great month for iron man pepakura stuff. :)

i would love to unfold when you need it. Just PM me

Ian

Wow, Amazing job on the modeling. Just for the torso so far I'm blown away.

I cant wait to see the arms and legs done. Are you going to model the detail pieces for the back of the knee, the inner elbows and the neck or are you just going to let that slide for now.

andt wait for the final Pepakura product, it is going to be epic.

Andrew

kenster1000 said:
Wow, Amazing job on the modeling. Just for the torso so far I'm blown away.

I cant wait to see the arms and legs done. Are you going to model the detail pieces for the back of the knee, the inner elbows and the neck or are you just going to let that slide for now.

andt wait for the final Pepakura product, it is going to be epic.

Andrew

neck seal will definitely be done....and i am hoping to do the inner elbows and backs of the knees

dubean33 said:
I love how there are two people doing these suits! You and sharkhead are both doing fantastic work on these Mk IV/VI's. He's starting the Mk VI and then doing the IV chest piece while you're starting the IV and doing the VI chest piece. It will be interesting to see both of your techniques and slight variations on the models. This has been a great month for iron man pepakura stuff. :)

i would love to unfold when you need it. Just PM me

Ian

Inded dubean, this month has been kind to Iron man. Now all we need are MKV files which someone will start soon i guess.

you were one of the guys i had in mind....might be a little while yet though before i put thing up to be unfolded....oh and in regards to the flaps at this stage i won't be doing them separately....they seem like a bit of an unnecessary part of the model when it doesn't actually fly...lol....but they are modeled in 'closed' so the lines can still be cut in and they'll be there....

WHAT!!!!!!!! Are you telling me this awesome model isnt gonna fly??!! Come on!!! Are the repulsors at least gonna work? lol This is looking really sweet

Lo_techStark said:
WHAT!!!!!!!! Are you telling me this awesome model isnt gonna fly??!!

sadly no...lol...

okay the biceps are almost done, here's how they're looking....

Front and Back (note the scoop on the inside to help with movement...)

018mp.jpg
019efi.jpg

and everything all together

020c.jpg

moving on to the shoulders and forearms next

EDIT: to avoid double posting....here we have some shoulder bells! they were a tricky shape to get but i think i got it.....

Front and Back

021og.jpg
022ix.jpg

Whole model

023wp.jpg

i should also mention that sharkheads new super awesome helmet is sitting atop the model

alright so i've been experimenting with a few ideas.....let me know you guys think....whether its a good idea or i'm just trying to be too clever...lol...

030hh.jpg
031gu.jpg

basically what it is a pep harness type thing that also forms part of the neck seal........it all fits under the rest of the suit and would provide an anchor point for the ab pieces.....

the hole in the front is for my other idea...the arc reactor socket. I figured why not build a spot to put one....plus I think honus is now designing one of his RT's to fit in the hole.....

029xg.jpg

the socket is part of the actual chest piece but actually sits into the hole in the support...for added support...lol...

also would there be interest in plans for a carboard arc reactor? i'm thinking about doing one....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back