rock band or gutar hero III

Status
Not open for further replies.
i play most songs on GH 2 and 3 on expert with 2-3 stars, so im fairly proficient. when i saw rock band, i creamed myself because of the drumset and etc. anyway - i played rock band at walmart on the expert setting and got 100% on every song my first time playing it on drums. rock band is wayyy fun and i can only imagine how fun it would be with a group of people sitting around drinking/smoking pot, but it is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too easy. imho

rock band is cheap too, so i would say go for it, i would buy it if i could find it locally.

and get my buddies to chip in :mad:

ive been playing rock band for about 12 hours.best game ever. ome times you get tired of guitar in GH3, well in rock band ou can switch to singing or my favorite DRUMS!!!

Rock band looks good if you have friends...or money.

guitar hero 3 looks good if you have a ps2 and less money.

im getting GH3

I've been playing both.

Guitar Hero 3 is hard for the sake of being hard.It's not very true to the songs. However, the guitar controllers are better quality. (Every person I've spoken to who's gotten the full Rock Band package has said that they ditched the RB guitars for the GH controllers in the first 5 mins). The 'strum' switch is pressure sensitive, rather than having the recognizable 'click' that lets you know that you're strummed the note. The 'strumless' frets on the neck for solos aren't useful at all.

However there are some things about the Rock Band game that I really don't like. The note board is transparent, making it sometime difficult to see notes depending on what the camera is focused on. The hammer on and pull off notes are almost impossible to see, and theres no online Co-Operative play... only Versus and Band play... I forget how they phrase it. I thought the whole idea of Rock Band was supposed to be to meet up with other players online and to start a 'Band' together... how can you find people who play other instruments if you can only play competitively? Their marketing campaign was REALLY misleading for this fact...

My recommendation: Buy Guitar Hero 3 with the wireless guitar, and then just buy the Rock Band game itself... without the full kit. You'll have a big library of songs that you can play, and you can always go back to GH2 if you want more. Play the guitar sections of the game, and wait for Harmonics to start selling the Drum kit seperately in the spring. Don't pay a premuim price for a badly designed guitar controller.

Well, my 360 comes with a free guitar hero game so now I'm trying to get Rock Band. But if I had to choose one, well, I couldnt. I would take them both.

Sean Bradley said:
I've been playing both.

Guitar Hero 3 is hard for the sake of being hard.It's not very true to the songs. However, the guitar controllers are better quality. (Every person I've spoken to who's gotten the full Rock Band package has said that they ditched the RB guitars for the GH controllers in the first 5 mins). The 'strum' switch is pressure sensitive, rather than having the recognizable 'click' that lets you know that you're strummed the note. The 'strumless' frets on the neck for solos aren't useful at all.

However there are some things about the Rock Band game that I really don't like. The note board is transparent, making it sometime difficult to see notes depending on what the camera is focused on. The hammer on and pull off notes are almost impossible to see, and theres no online Co-Operative play... only Versus and Band play... I forget how they phrase it. I thought the whole idea of Rock Band was supposed to be to meet up with other players online and to start a 'Band' together... how can you find people who play other instruments if you can only play competitively? Their marketing campaign was REALLY misleading for this fact...

My recommendation: Buy Guitar Hero 3 with the wireless guitar, and then just buy the Rock Band game itself... without the full kit. You'll have a big library of songs that you can play, and you can always go back to GH2 if you want more. Play the guitar sections of the game, and wait for Harmonics to start selling the Drum kit seperately in the spring. Don't pay a premuim price for a badly designed guitar controller.
or just get the drums from ebay

Last edited by a moderator:
abandonship said:
i think you have a better chance with ebay

I wouldn't trust eBay with anything of value after seeing how recent auction of members costumes have gone.

Same difference, we're saying the same thing...pick one up used... EOD.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it was a choice between games, i'd get Rock Band. Although the Rock Band guitar has some problems (strum bar's wierd, whammy bar is hard to reach) I like it mainly because of the large feel of it and the effect changer thing.

Guitar Hero 3's song choice is crappy IMO in comparison to Rock Band's mainly because it seems that almost every song just repeats itself over and over and over again. I also like Rock Band's song choice a lot more because it has more well-known songs(at least to me) and it's easier for family and friends to recognize them.

GH3 also slacks somewhat in the multiplayer region; I wasn't even able to play online once with a person, however with Rock Band, i've played multiple times. Also, in local multiplayer, playing with all 4 instruments is awesome and incredibly fun. Although it's annoying connecting everything with the USB hub, the end results are fulfilling.

wooden and actually quite comftorable to use for hours on end. i had a rock band party this whole weekend!!!bes game ever. save for H3. Almost even better than playing gigs is buying new clothes and accessories and earning new fans around the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back