Rogue helmet, and multiplayer build WIP (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see you back. Seems like we both had to take some break time. Good luck with new motivation. I'll be keeping my eyes open for posts.

Yeah you better get those pics up. You've been gone too long.:)

lol Yeah yeah im working on it :) yes i have been gone far to long.
:)

Good to see you back. Seems like we both had to take some break time. Good luck with new motivation. I'll be keeping my eyes open for posts.

Thanks, yeah sometimes it is inevitable to be sidetracked by life :)

OK so here are those pics i promised, its nothing special but its something :)

Visor.jpg

This is the visor i bought for my helmet. I went with silver because i am doing a special helmet and i like the way silver looks more than the gold. If i was doing a mark V or VI i would use gold lol

Helmetwithvisor.jpg

and this is the helmet with the visor in it :)

helmetwithfoam.jpg

and here is the foam. (the above picture with the visor in the helmet has the foam in it too)

Well that is all for now. I will hopefully be working on the shoulders this weekend. :) Have a good one everyone, and keep building!

@ steven, thanks man, i plan on it :) i hope you keep viewing.

@fox, thanks bro. Its taken me longer than i wanted due to issues but hey, i am back on track lol.

@fox Dang straight lol

@V thanks man! means a lot.

OK everyone here is an update on the armor. I resined the two shoulders tonight so thought id post the pics while i was around an internet connection lol.

If you want to see a pep view of the shoulders look at page 5 post #48

sorry i painted the resin on before remembering to take pics.

Shoulderresin.jpg

here is right side

Shoulderresin1.jpg

Here is the left side

Shoulderresin2.jpg

Here is the top part after they dried. (hence why im holding it with bare hands lol)

wow this armor looks great =D keep up the fantastic work and the finished helmet looks really great :)

Thanks! you guys are keeping me motivated!!

@rougeoutcast Hope this starts motivating you as well lol :p

Well i have a small update, I am starting to pep my forarms, Unfortuneatly i have no pictures because im at work posting this. So I will have pictures this weekend when i am on my computer. Pretty much the only time i can post pics in on the weekends, it sucks i know, but i should be posting practically every weekend.
Oh and i finished tracing out the M6G pistol by carpathiavh99. Man that was brutal lol.
Ok well that is all for now, pictures this weekend and ill see you all later.
Remember, Keep building!!

Very nice job so far! I especially like how your shoulders turned out, I just finished pepping both of mine and I can't wait to get them resined. For the parts on the side, did you just attach them and then resin over them? I was thinking about leaving them off and glassing them by themselves and then attaching them on.

i'd said it best to attach them before hand if you don't it makes it harder to stay put. but if you are planning on making more then one type of shoulder then do the other that way it's less work.

@metalfire
I attached them and cut out under where they are sitting then resined. This way I can bondo them :)

Thanks for helping out fox.

Ok so ill be putting pictures up tomorrow night hopefully. Sunday at the latest. But before that I have a question, I finished building my left forearm and it looks great and all (pics of that Sunday too) but i can't fit my hand through the wrist hole. Is that common? The bracer might be a smigen to small but I figure i might be able to modify the wrist hole to fit my hand. What u guys think?

Ah ok thank you, good idea. And Yes that is a common problem with the forearms I've ran into it myself actually. My plan to fix it after its hardened by either cutting out the front end of it after its hardened or cutting it in half and attaching it with magnets or the like.

Thanks :) I figured this way i wouldnt have to worry about them getting indented and stuff. Ah ok, yeah i kinda had the same idea you had about cutting out the front portion, but we shall see. If i cut it in half i was thinking parachute clips. lol
Thanks for the input!

Ok everyone i am editing post to add update!!
Here are the pictures i promised. first i will show the forearms (by flyingsquirel), which i am sure ill have to remake em. but let me know what you guys think.

Forearmleft.jpg

Here is the starting pep

Forearmleft1.jpg

Side to side size compare to the left

Forearmright.jpg

Forearmright1.jpg

Here are a few size fit comparison of the right forearm, and after looking at it i might remake em. what you guys think?

Ok next is the outlines of the Pistol by carpathiavh99. Sorry so many pictures lol

Pistoloutline5.jpg

Pistoloutline4.jpg

Pistoloutline3.jpg

Pistoloutline2.jpg

Pistoloutline1.jpg

Pistoloutline.jpg

Hopefully you can see them all.

Well thats all for now, ill probably be starting the pistol this weekend if i can and also hardening my shoulders. :) Hope everyone likes what they see so far.

Ok I have a question, does anyone know the best way to cut matboard? I didn't realize how much of a pain using an exacto knife would be.

Ok I have a question, does anyone know the best way to cut matboard? I didn't realize how much of a pain using an exacto knife would be.
I'm doing the same pistol, and I used an exacto knife for cutting. It is a major pain on the fingers but I didn't find a better way so....Best of luck with it!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back