Roll Call - Canadian Regiment Introductions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember chatting it up with you guys when you had a booth set up at Ottawa Geek Market a couple years ago. Nice to see some of you from the NCRHA here :D

It's also nice to finally have a few folks right from around my area, lol. Most of our regiment's concentrated around the GTA or other such areas.

Been a while since I was on the 405th. Nice to see a Canadian Regiment!

Name:
Clothar
From Saskatchewan originally, but in Alberta these days.
Costuming since:
I have been doing more serious costuming for about the past five years.
About me:
I love everything sci-fi, with some of my more ambitious projects from Halo, and Warhammer 40k. You can see some of my stuff on instagram @secondwinterprops
Favourite Cons:
I usually try to make it to Calgary Expo, and Edmonton Expo. Sometimes I make it home for stuff in Saskatoon.
Costumes/Props:
My best finished work is still my space marine, but I also have several WIP's including an ODST, and a claptrap, at the moment.

IMG_1835_zpsd22c8f57.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1835_zpsd22c8f57.jpg
    IMG_1835_zpsd22c8f57.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 502
Name: tahu653, though you can just call me tahu
Costuming since: got more into it about 4 years ago, but just finished learning alot of techniques in university.
About me: mainly gaming involves my free time, that and alot of hours at work
Favourite Cons: probably ota fest and CCEE, maybe a few others in the area, but unlikely
Costumes/Props: umm, i havent really done much, everything is in my signature, cosplay wise. i also have done a period theatre show set in the victorian era....too much lace

name: Phil... hope that one was obvious!
Costuming since: I stumbled across the 405th about 5 years ago... started actually building props a little over 2 years ago.
About me: Hmmm, where to start. I suppose you could say I am a semi-professional ski bum in the winter, as I teach snowboarding and work at a local hill. I love to build things, be it woodworking, metalworking and welding, as well as working with other mediums. I am definitely a car enthusiast, and spend my spare time modifying my vehicles. As for gaming, I love the halo series, and really don't play too much aside from it. (Unless we are counting some good old goldeneye or zelda on n64 haha)
Favourite Cons: Edmonton Comic Expo... it's the only one I've been to, and I will definitely be there again this year.
Costumes/Props: I currently have a semi-finished, but wearable, halo reach/4 Mashup suit, incorporating armor parts from both games. Here's a shot of the "finished" suit, as well as parts in the making.

IMG_20140927_182324.jpg

20150706_024910.jpg

I'm excited to be on board with you guys, and look forward to meeting up with some of you at any cons I go to!

Attachments

• IMG_20140927_182324.jpg
    IMG_20140927_182324.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 494
  • 20150706_024910.jpg
    20150706_024910.jpg
    687.9 KB · Views: 501
Just bumping this for anyone who might want to share some info about themselves with the regiment :cool:

I'm honestly more excited that you're back in action. Bump away good sir!

Should I post here?

Name: Chris, TurboCharizard, Skookum Props
Costuming since:
Knee-high to a grasshopper, as a "cosplayer" with an "official Facebook page" since summer of 2016.
About me:
I live on the forums pretty much and I'm here to help teach others from my mistakes! My job is very computer based and a lot of testing on existing systems with set methods of repair so cosplay hits all my creative and manufacturing desires, unfortunately that means you guys are all along for the ride when I post stuff.
Favourite Cons:
CoVaCon (Courtenay/Comox), AniRevo (Vancouver) and Otafest are my yearly highlights but I try to hit as many local events as possible to help out with the costuming community.
Costumes/Props: I post most everything here in one form or another but I also try to share frequently on Skookum Props and Armour on Facebook and SkookumProps on Instagram. My current proudest builds are my BotW Link and my Reach Spartan but I always want to keep improving and building better stuff so have some of my favourite photos of my pride and joy.
DSC03657 (1).jpg
DSC00295.jpg

Okay my turn

Name: Mason, aperture industries, Rinzlerr_
Costuming since: just started
About me: Where do I start? I've framed houses, worked in kitchen for four years, poured concrete, welded bridges, fixed cellphones, some coding, photoshop ninja, IT software and hardware and now recently photographer. I pretty much live at coffee shops now and at events when I'm not modding video games.
Favourite Cons: Capcity (Victoria BC), Fan Expo
Costumes/Props: ODST once its finished

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back