Rondo and bondo difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have been looking around this place and I am constantly seeing these two words which I have no idea what they mean so if any help comes my way it's much appreciated

Bondo is a material used to fix the bodies of cars, fortune has it that its also a great medium to use when making armor. Rondo is a mix of bondo and fiberglass resin and is used to make bondo not as firm, essentially making it able to pour into a mold or pepakura piece and get the inside if you're not using fiberglass as an insulation.

Hope this helps!
-Rune

RONDO is a combination of fiberglass Resin and bONDO. They can be combined in order to gain benefits of both, usually for the application of being poured into a piece to reinforce it. This thread on how to build a helmet from pep to finish has a great pair of videos on page two showing him mixing the rondo and using it to coat the inside of the helmet.
so,
Rondo: combination of Fiberglass Resin and Bondo
Bondo: automotive filler, commonly used (on it's own) to smooth out the exterior of the helmet and add detail as it can be sculpted and laid as a putty then sanded and carved into once dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back