Rondo Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

AverageAce

Hey guys, I just Rondo-Ed my rogue helmet last night (inside and out) and I have a question:

How long am I supposed to let the Rondo dry before i begin to sand it?

Thanks guys!

The bondo says wait 15 minutes before sanding I think. I'm not at home so I can't be sure. It does cure very fast though. Maybe wait 30minutes to an hour? Depends how much hardener you use I guess. My mix was pretty red with hardener and it cured pretty dang fast.

It usually remains sticky for awhile, but as long as it feels solid it should be good to sand. If you really wanna be sure, then just wait a day.

Hey dude. What I do is treat rondo like resin, not bondo. THe reason being because it'll take a little longer for the stuff to set up. Not vast ammounts of time, but a little longer. It is possible to sand when the stuff is a little tacky, but it will gum up your sandpaper pretty easily. the trick is to mix it way super good so that the hardener gets worked through all of the resin AND the bondo (use bother hardeners...) because if you don't mix it well, it won't harden in some places. it sux.......
Anyway, go for it, and remember to post pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back