Rondo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take fiberglass resin and bondo, mix it one to one in a cup, add 2 times the regular amount of LIQUID hardener to the mixture and then you pour it into the object and get it into all of the corners, and tight spaces and then apply fiberglass sheets to the back of it while its still wet.

lol, oneforgot beat me to the punch. there is an extensive tutorial, as you can see he gave you the link. im not going to tell you to read the stickies as you're a veteran and probably know your way around. but as a veteran you should know to not ask questions in a new thread like this when there is a perfectly good nine year old database of information here that can answer all of your questions. good luck with your armor

Ha, thats funny cause you aint a moderator, your not even a vet...... sooooooo, I wouldnt be talking if I were you?!

The stickies do give a lot of extremely helpful information, but there's one problem.

There are so many.

I'm thinking about making a Q&A-style post, with links to relevant threads (with this we can un-stick the huge amount of current stickies). Here's a quick example of one Q/A.

How do I use resin?

Long Shot's Resin Tutorial

Sigma-LS's Resin, fiberglass, and sanding tutorial

It would cover every topic possible; sanding, fiberglass, bondo, rondo, pepakura, visors, under suits, everything. Every new member that posts asking a question would get one of two replies:

1) Read the sticky at the top, your answer will be there. Here's the link, though, -link-.

2) Good question, here's what you need to do, etc... We'll add this to the sticky ((Note 'sticky' and not 'stickies')) as soon as we can.

They can then post further questions in the related thread from the sticky, without having to make another thread.

With a single post like I described above, each newb would be able to find what they need, EASILY (!), QUICKLY (!!), and without having to try to find one relevant sticky instead of 30 mildly related stickies. I can assure all of you, people like to be greeted with "Welcome to the forums, and here's the answer to your question -answer-. Please read the stickies next time before posting; you can find most answers there." and not "Read the stickies, mods don't like noobs who don't read stickies.

The second reply gives off a feeling of arrogance, elitism, and ignorance. I'll bet that more than one person has been completely driven from the site due to replies like the second.

That's not 'tough love'. Don't kid yourselves. That's just being an *******.

Edit:
OneForgot10Soul said:

Jesus Christ. Most of the replies, to a BRAND NEW member, are angered, retributive, and offer NO help. That... wow, I'm at a loss for words. That's incredible. That's absolutely incredible.

From the thread:

Ral Partha said:
Yes. Read the stickies and don't start another thread until you read all of them. Twice! :angry

What the hell? I'm really, REALLY glad I didn't get greeted like that. What do you think happens when a new member, not even signed up yet, sees that? Are they going to say to themselves "Oh, man, this forum is going to be awesome! Nice people, everyone is helpful, hell, they even have a cool theme!"?

No. "Wow. Definitely steering clear of that place."

Last edited by a moderator:
ponchato said:
The stickies do give a lot of extremely helpful information, but there's one problem.

There are so many.

I'm thinking about making a Q&A-style post, with links to relevant threads (with this we can un-stick the huge amount of current stickies). Here's a quick example of one Q/A.

How do I use resin?

Long Shot's Resin Tutorial

Sigma-LS's Resin, fiberglass, and sanding tutorial

It would cover every topic possible; sanding, fiberglass, bondo, rondo, pepakura, visors, under suits, everything. Every new member that posts asking a question would get one of two replies:

1) Read the sticky at the top, your answer will be there. Here's the link, though, -link-.

2) Good question, here's what you need to do, etc... We'll add this to the sticky ((Note 'sticky' and not 'stickies')) as soon as we can.

They can then post further questions in the related thread from the sticky, without having to make another thread.

With a single post like I described above, each newb would be able to find what they need, EASILY (!), QUICKLY (!!), and without having to try to find one relevant sticky instead of 30 mildly related stickies. I can assure all of you, people like to be greeted with "Welcome to the forums, and here's the answer to your question -answer-. Please read the stickies next time before posting; you can find most answers there." and not "Read the stickies, mods don't like noobs who don't read stickies.

The second reply gives off a feeling of arrogance, elitism, and ignorance. I'll bet that more than one person has been completely driven from the site due to replies like the second.

That's not 'tough love'. Don't kid yourselves. That's just being an *******.

Edit:

Jesus Christ. Most of the replies, to a BRAND NEW member, are angered, retributive, and offer NO help. That... wow, I'm at a loss for words. That's incredible. That's absolutely incredible.

From the thread:

What the hell? I'm really, REALLY glad I didn't get greeted like that. What do you think happens when a new member, not even signed up yet, sees that? Are they going to say to themselves "Oh, man, this forum is going to be awesome! Nice people, everyone is helpful, hell, they even have a cool theme!"?

No. "Wow. Definitely steering clear of that place."

I totally agree with you man. There are an incredible amount of stickies to sort through. I literally spent about a month just reading through everything (I am the type of person that will literally read an entire 38page post) but even then, yes I learned a lot but now I am sometimes stuck sorting through a bunch of stickies I don't need, just to find an answer to a simple question. One just has to be persistent and look.

Also the search here on the forum isn't that great. A lot of the time its better to google "site:405th.com"+"what ever you need to know" and you'll end up finding it much faster.

Oh and I do think there is something like what your talking about in place. There is a "noob directory" or something with direct links and even mods that specialize in certain skills to pm. But I am not sure how up to date its kept.

As for the people I have honestly only encountered chill and informative members.

This didnt help at all, I know how to resign, rondo is a different thing, I would like a detailed list of the specifications. For example: the amount used of each the resign and the bondo, and how to apply it, and so on and so forth.

Kirrou said:
I totally agree with you man. There are an incredible amount of stickies to sort through. I literally spent about a month just reading through everything (I am the type of person that will literally read an entire 38page post) but even then, yes I learned a lot but now I am sometimes stuck sorting through a bunch of stickies I don't need, just to find an answer to a simple question. One just has to be persistent and look.

Also the search here on the forum isn't that great. A lot of the time its better to google "site:405th.com"+"what ever you need to know" and you'll end up finding it much faster.

Oh and I do think there is something like what your talking about in place. There is a "noob directory" or something with direct links and even mods that specialize in certain skills to pm. But I am not sure how up to date its kept.

As for the people I have honestly only encountered chill and informative members.

I dont like reading information for a very long time, I can actually be a very Impatient person alot of the time. An example would be now....... And sorry if im offending anyone, I dont mean to be rude.:)

READ THIS ALTIAR xD

the point is they are saying that they don't want people to make new members feel unwanted. and actually, if you had read blacroseimortal's post she gave you very specific directions on to where to find a rondo tutorial, but thats fine, you're impatient you're impatient. i will answer your question though and post you a link to a tutorial which explains what rondo is, what it's useful for and how to use it on your armor pieces. Rondo is a combonation of Resin and bondo that is stronger then bondo. at least thats what i understood from sigma-ls's tutorial. you only have to read the first post and you'll b good. the post seems longer than it is because it is picture-heavy. here's the link: http://405th.com/for...?showtopic=8253

EDIT: i said bondo but it was a typo and i meant rondo. i fixed it though :)

no, rondo is a mixture of bondo and resin and it is much stronger and durable than bondo, but it's not as easy to shape for details as bondo is because it is more liquidy than normal bondo. i posted a link where it says "read this altiar xD" that explains what rondo is in detail. rondo is also known as mud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back