RROD, 2 360's broken. !!!must read!!! tragedy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnishSpartan

!!!NEWS!!!! !!!UPDATE!!!
Okay guys i finally got my 360 back from the repair service, and guess what... It's broken and i have to send it back again!
I started up my 360 after getting it back from the repair service (with excitement since i havent met my buddy in 2 weeks 4 days and 13 hours).
Guess what happened, when i started up my xbox 360 the IP-ADDRESS tests failed. I tried all kinds of tricks, turning off modem etc. and i tought that the problem cannot be with my internet connection since i have 2 other xbox 360's working fine with my internet connection. after turning off my xbox i also noticed something else, The xbox 360 turns off but the fans and the dvd tray stay on making a huge noise and the only way to resolve it is by pulling off the power cord! :eek:
I called microsoft and they told me that they probably screwed up something during the repair and i have to send it back! :mad: i'm not going to see my 360 for another 3 weeks!!! :( And i
Atleast microsoft fixed RROD for my xbox... i can play campaighn mode of halo 3, but i'm not going to be able to get my lvl 50 in lone wolves if my xbox is broken all the time!

Why cant you just send me a new xbox MICROSOFT!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

AND TO ANSWER SEAN... MICROSOFT IS SELLING REFURBISHED XBOX'ES AS NEW, WE BOUGHT A NEW 360 FOR MY BROTHER AND IT CAME WITH GHOST RECON IN THE DVD TRAY!!!
THIS MEANS IT'S SOMEONES OLD XBOX!!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Okay guys... My xbox 360 Broke... but that is not all.
Here is my story.

I bought my 1st xbox 360 about 3 years ago (during the launch) as you probably know the xbox 360 has a 1 year limited warranty... well guess what my xbox 360 broke just 3 days before the warranty was over (that was 1 year ago), Lucky me i got a new one!!! So i got a new 360 and a new 1 year warranty.

And guess what... after 1 year and 3 days (today). my new 360 (2nd xbox 360). broke again... but this time it broke 3 days after the warranty day... so i have to buy a new one sincne they (Microsoft) wont replace it.

How tragic is this?!

-Fin(n)ish

PS. Do you think this is microsofts trick to break the 360's so that we are forced to buy new ones just a couple of days after the warranty expires?
PPS. My brothers xbox 360 also broke... 1 month before warranty expired... so he got a new one.

MS extended all 360 warrantees to cover the "rings of death" for a further 3 years. Mine has done it twice so far.

the three rings is a fixable problem. look it up on youtube it shows you how to fix it with 12 pennies and electrical tape.

I'd strongly advise against 'home fix' solutions to your hardware. Generally they're shown to be unreliable, and the chances are you'll just wreck your unit futher. Especially given Microsoft extending all the warranties to their units, a home fix would be ill-advised, as this would void the warranty.

Send it off for repair. More than likely Microsoft will give you a new unit for your inconvenience.

Durlaburban said:
the three rings is a fixable problem. look it up on youtube it shows you how to fix it with 12 pennies and electrical tape.
Not all rrod are the same problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
just last weekend i was at gamestop, and my cousin was playing call of duty 3, on a 360 when it go the 3 rings of death. it was really funny. he paniced and the employee didnt know what the 3 rings of death was.

Just one of many examples of Microsofts ridiculous B.S. My first 360 never worked right and i ended up selling it to get the H3 edition, and even that one freezes up every now and then. I mean, for the love of god, this is supposed to be top of the line technolgy!! we as gamers shouldnt have to put up with this kind of crap, especially after shelling out over FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS for a console.

I SAY WE FORM A UNION!!

HellraizrS88 said:
Just one of many examples of Microsofts ridiculous B.S. My first 360 never worked right and i ended up selling it to get the H3 edition, and even that one freezes up every now and then. I mean, for the love of god, this is supposed to be top of the line technolgy!! we as gamers shouldnt have to put up with this kind of crap, especially after shelling out over FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS for a console.

I SAY WE FORM A UNION!!

The xbox360 is similar to a gaming PC, but just made smaller and more compact, my PC never dies or freezes on me, and it's been running good for years. Also, the ps3 compared to the xbox360, not as many are failing, same for wii too.

I'm not sure anymore what causes the new xbox360's the still have the rrod, but the only thing I can think of is either hardware failure or overheating, but overheating shouldnt be an issue since they load the machine with heat sinks now.

As part of my job I maintain 20 360 consoles in our gaming facility. I've seen it all at this point, after just 5 months.

Interestingly enough although we purchased all the consoles at the same time (sept. 2007), their manufacture dates varied wildly, some even dating back to launch. I've been sending them in for repair one by one as the consoles fail, and recently hit a stumbling block with X Box customer support. Their rep told me that "the console I was returning was no longer covered under warranty". I said "the console was purchased less than 5 months ago" He says again "not covered, due to the date of manufacture" I say "thats unnacceptable, let me speak to your supervisor"

He puts me on hold for 5 minutes then comes back to tell me that he miraculously "found a way for me to return it under warranty if I can provide proof of purchase" I say surely and begin the process of faxing my invoices to him. The fax number they gave me not working, calling back to verify the number, and explaining the entire situation again to a new rep, and him giving me THE SAME FAX NUMBER. This time the fax went through and he asked me to call again in another 72 hours once the invoice was verified.

Today I called back, and explained the situation to a new rep. He says that they have no record of recieving my fax, but that he will issue a return authorization for the console anyway "because he didn't want to waste any more of my time" While I appreciate the gesture, I wonder if the whole fax issue was just a runaround to try to get me to give up.

Well, anyhow I have that delightfully expedient process to look forward to for every console I have to return, for the remainder of the 1 year warranty on our 360 consoles.. Still I'm very curious as to how some of my manufacture dates go all the way back to 2005... The consoles were purchased brand-new in September 2007 from the largest electronics distributor in the Eastern United States, the kind of place that supplies all the gaming consoles to retail stores in the east. Why would a new console have a MFG date of 2005, and another console in the same lot be dated 2007?

I believe that Microsoft may be selling refurbished units as new.. if that story broke to the gaming press, they would have a fit over it.

I'm gonna go email Kotaku. ;)

i had mine for 2 years before mine crapped out on me wit a rrod so i dont really think the whole 1 month after warrenty is true....i just want my 360 back so i can play halo and assassins creed again lol

ive had mine only replaced once, and i suspect those youtube solutions were attended for you to mess it up more from the methods i've seen ( wrapping it up in a blanket for 20 mintues, lol over heating is why the red ring of death even happens in the first place )

someone told me you get a free game after the 2nd time it happens

but that sucks haha, CONSPIRACY!!!! the xbox is porely put together

i put a note in the shipping box "dont make me buy a ps3"

bloodxbrothers said:
lol thats glorious

shoot if thats true with the free game though......

shadow8136 said:
well, then stop playin too much! gosh some people just play too much...

psshh, i dont play that much, i leave it on and unattended all day without even knowing it

bloodxbrothers said:
ive had mine only replaced once, and i suspect those youtube solutions were attended for you to mess it up more from the methods i've seen ( wrapping it up in a blanket for 20 mintues, lol over heating is why the red ring of death even happens in the first place )
someone told me you get a free game after the 2nd time it happens
but that sucks haha, CONSPIRACY!!!! the xbox is porely put together

My one didnt overheat... it was in a well ventilated area... it had been standing there for atleast 2 days with no gameplay... I turn on start halo 3 and 2 minutes later a BLIIB sound is coming of the xbox... shuts down, turns back on and 3 red lights flashing!

-Finnish

lol suck for you guys i have had mine for 2 years no rrod or any thing. but halo 3 is starting to mess with it cuzz you know it kills 360s.

I'm on #4. First one (launch) had a broken disk drive. Second one had RRoD, as well as the third. Here's to keeping the 4th for a while.
I do know someone who's had 11 of them now.

My friend who has had 9 of them finally complained for an entire day until they sent him a new system with the falcon chipset, before they even sold that system in stores. We took it apart and saw it was the falcon chipset in a normal xbox360 (back then, only halo 3 xbox's had it first instore)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back